Sponsored by:

Pirelli Tire correct PSI 911

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2024, 11:11 AM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Capaldi
I would figure that max would potentially cause a blowout, especially after getting hot.
it's the opposite ..too low a psi at max conditions leads to sidewall squirm / heat build up leading to tire failure from separating belts, sidewall blowout etc..it comes down to material heat management ..that's why top speed is governed /limited to 155 mph max when you select " comfort pressures " in PCM
referring just to highway running, not race course tracking -related cold/hot psi settings

Last edited by MKW; 02-19-2024 at 11:14 AM.
The following users liked this post:
993RUF (04-12-2024)
Old 02-19-2024, 11:13 AM
Capaldi
Intermediate

Received 32 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MKW
it's the opposite ..too low a psi at max conditions leads to sidewall squirm / heat build up leading to tire failure from separating belts, sidewall blowout etc..it comes down to material heat management ..that's why top speed is governed /limited to 155 mph max when you select " comfort pressures " in PCM
I'll be damned.
Old 02-19-2024, 11:22 AM
Denny Swift
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 670 Posts

Originally Posted by TUD
It is a fairly simple OS, especially in comparison to BMW’s latest iDrive 8/8.5.
Seriously? I find it to be the most convoluted mess of a system imaginable. After 1.5 years and 15,000 miles, just trying to change the listening source from radio to podcast or USB is a 20 button, blood-pressure-raising endeavor. Another example is under the Home Screen, there is a settings button, and under there is a vehicle settings. But the options under there are different from those under the main vehicle settings button. Then there is Homelink. Then there is the voice control that is essentially worthless. If I just drive, it’s fun, but if I want to change anything, it’s nearly impossible without pulling over and parking. Everything requires taking your eyes off the road for way too long. I’ve even sat in the car in my garage and practiced operating the PCM. However, it operates differently when parked vs in motion. It’s a total mess.

And there are probably 200 posts about tire pressure, because the sticker in the door jam is misleading and “tire pressure” in the OM doesn’t take you to the correct pages. If you just flip through the back pages,you’ll find charts on tire pressure. But they still aren’t immediately clear. And the tire temperature readout is a nebulous/useless bar graph instead of a number like in other vehicles.

Last edited by Denny Swift; 02-19-2024 at 11:29 AM.

Quick Reply: Pirelli Tire correct PSI 911