Recommendations for PPF installer in North West Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2024, 08:56 AM
Dave16
Advanced

Received 121 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Recommendations for PPF installer in North West Atlanta

Hello,
Does anyone have a recommendation for a PPF installer in the North West Metro Atlanta area? I am looking to do the front of my car (bumper, fenders, hood, and mirrors). TIA!

Took her to the N GA mountains (Holy smokes what a blast!) and could hear every little rock pinging off the car. Thankfully I didn't see any damage, but PPF will make me feel a lot better.

Old 01-29-2024, 11:10 AM
PhilH930
Instructor

Received 112 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave16
Hello,
Does anyone have a recommendation for a PPF installer in the North West Metro Atlanta area? I am looking to do the front of my car (bumper, fenders, hood, and mirrors). TIA!

Took her to the N GA mountains (Holy smokes what a blast!) and could hear every little rock pinging off the car. Thankfully I didn't see any damage, but PPF will make me feel a lot better.

Stunning car. While not northwest specifically, I can vouch for AP3 Atlanta in Alpharetta. I used them 4 years ago on a new X5, primarily because of their use of Xpel products and after one visit to their shop I was convinced they take pride in their work. 4 years later and the PPF is holding up great (ceramic has faded now, to be expected as I got lazy with touchless drive thru car washes).

An upcoming 992 for me will go to Alternative Finishes based on dealer requirements (one of three installers they use). I spoke with the owner and he was nothing but transparent, and one of their two shops (Buckhead and Norcross) streams live on YouTube, so speaks to their work. They also commented how Alternative Finishes and Ap3 refer work to one another.

Keep in mind many installers are working from somewhat oversized templates which includes headlights in some cases, so make sure to specify lights or no lights, based on your preference. Ceramic is worth the investment as well. And those north GA roads are so much run - I can vouch for those rocks as well!

The following users liked this post:
Dave16 (01-29-2024)
Old 01-29-2024, 11:33 AM
patentguy
Instructor

Received 93 Likes on 61 Posts

Atlanta Protective Film in Roswell is highly recommended. Did my 992s three years ago (hard to believe) and still looks good.
The following 2 users liked this post by patentguy:
blackland (01-29-2024), Dave16 (01-29-2024)
Old 01-29-2024, 11:33 AM
Dave16
Advanced

Originally Posted by PhilH930
Stunning car. While not northwest specifically, I can vouch for AP3 Atlanta in Alpharetta. I used them 4 years ago on a new X5, primarily because of their use of Xpel products and after one visit to their shop I was convinced they take pride in their work. 4 years later and the PPF is holding up great (ceramic has faded now, to be expected as I got lazy with touchless drive thru car washes).

An upcoming 992 for me will go to Alternative Finishes based on dealer requirements (one of three installers they use). I spoke with the owner and he was nothing but transparent, and one of their two shops (Buckhead and Norcross) streams live on YouTube, so speaks to their work. They also commented how Alternative Finishes and Ap3 refer work to one another.

Keep in mind many installers are working from somewhat oversized templates which includes headlights in some cases, so make sure to specify lights or no lights, based on your preference. Ceramic is worth the investment as well. And those north GA roads are so much run - I can vouch for those rocks as well!
Thank you for the recommendations and the advice. I will reach out to both of those shops.
I have driven the Suches loop a few times in my Cayenne. This was my first run in the 911. I am astounded at the composure and performance of the car. My nerve (or stupidity) will give out before the car's capability.
Old 01-29-2024, 11:34 AM
Dave16
Advanced

Originally Posted by patentguy
Atlanta Protective Film in Roswell is highly recommended. Did my 992s three years ago (hard to believe) and still looks good.
Thank you. I will give them a call too.
Old 01-29-2024, 01:09 PM
911Castle
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 142 Posts

Derek at Atlanta Protective is the best there is. I would not go the AP3 route
The following 2 users liked this post by 911Castle:
blackland (01-29-2024), GA Skin Doc (01-29-2024)
Old 01-29-2024, 01:37 PM
Dave16
Advanced

Originally Posted by 911Castle
Derek at Atlanta Protective is the best there is. I would not go the AP3 route
Thanks. Looks like Atlanta Protective is on hiatus...

After 30 years in the car business, with 19 of them being in PPF, I am taking some well overdue time off. I would like Atlanta Protective Films to return at a future date. Please check back with your next vehicle for updates. Thank you to all my customers from 2005-2024!-Derek
Vernin (01-29-2024)
Old 01-29-2024, 03:13 PM
Vernin
Rennlist Member

Received 911 Likes on 451 Posts

Go to Atlanta film protection they are the best Derek is awesome
Old 01-29-2024, 06:41 PM
blackland
Burning Brakes

Received 438 Likes on 255 Posts

Oh no, I was about to call Derek to put film on a new car.
Vernin (01-30-2024)
Old 01-29-2024, 11:01 PM
355Shawn
Instructor

Received 170 Likes on 58 Posts

I shipped mine to Status Detail in Chicago - it’s worth every penny if you are looking for the best.

Check out the YouTube channel: https://youtube.com/@STATUSDETAIL?si=SFL-7nptsvstpYES

All you have to do is watch the videos to be convinced why this is where you want your car to go for PPF.

This is a video specifically about shipping to Status Detail:

https://youtu.be/Qdjsz1JZJoc?si=U-bBX7QZMz-McspN

I shipped mine there in June, I couldn’t be happier with every single part of the process.

I’d be happy to go into detail on my experience if there is anything you’d like to know.

Last edited by 355Shawn; 01-29-2024 at 11:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Recommendations for PPF installer in North West Atlanta