Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is PASM only lower and stiffer when in Sport mode?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2024 | 01:06 PM
Jeff Whitten
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ajmza
I am building a 992 C4S and trying to understand the PASM (Lowered 10mm) option.

Does PASM make the car 10mm lower than a standard car all the time, or only when it is in the Sport setting?
Likewise, is the PASM ride as comfortable as a standard C4S when Sport setting is off or does it make for a permanently stiffer ride?
I have the PASM Sport (SPASM as many of us call it) on my C4S Cabriolet. Yes, this config has the car lower by -10mm and is a firmer ride than standard config. It is comfortable enough for daily driving and handles and feels great. I drove the standard PASM and PASM Sport before I ordered the car. Big difference.

In addition, you have a firmness setting on the dash (far right button marked PDCC) that gives you 2 settings. Normal or softer setting, and Sport firmer setting. I drive in the softer setting most of the time, and when I want firm better handling then select the stiffer one. Stiffer one is pretty firm and and great for spirited driving on the hills or when you want a more aggressive feel and handling.

The following users liked this post:
timothymoffat (01-15-2024)
Old 01-15-2024 | 01:33 PM
CanAutM3
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by timothymoffat
There are lots of vague and/or incorrect references to PASM and specifically Sport PASM on youtube "reviews".

PRIOR to PASM becoming standard on 911s there were three different ride heights:
1. Base suspension with passive shocks: baseline.
2. PASM: adaptive shocks and shorter springs (-10mm).
3. Sport PASM: adaptive shocks with more "sporty"/stiff tune and shorter/stiffer springs (-20mm).

Since PASM has become standard on the base Carrera, we only have 2 & 3, with 2 now being the baseline. A LOT of reviews do not differentiate between PASM and Sport PASM. A lot of Carrera T reviews for example refer to the car as having PASM as if it were something different from the base model. It IS different but not merely by inclusion. It is different because it is the stiffer Sport PASM (optional on the S, standard on GTS though the GTS gets some additional differences such as helper springs from the Turbo models).
Agreed. There is a lot of confusion regarding this.
timothymoffat (01-15-2024)
Old 01-15-2024 | 01:44 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CanAutM3
Agreed. There is a lot of confusion regarding this.
Unfortunately with the large increase of YouTube "reviews" there is a lot of content created with erroneous or incomplete information.
Mikey K (01-23-2024)
Old 01-15-2024 | 01:45 PM
drcollie
Rennlist Member

If you want to become even MORE confused, watch this short video on all PDCC, Sport Chrono, Torque Vectoring....lol.

Just check all the boxes - its what makes it a sports car.

​​​​​​

Quick Reply: Is PASM only lower and stiffer when in Sport mode?