Sponsored by:

992 Targa 4 GTS OPF Delete

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2023, 01:17 PM
Dovdoesit
Cruisin'

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 992 Targa 4 GTS OPF Delete

Soooo I’m very excited to take delivery of my 2024 Targa 4 GTS in just a couple of weeks. I had to pre-trade my 2020 Miami blue 4 S for the allocation I got. That car had the sport exhaust but I still found the sound to be a little muted for my taste. My Cayenne GTS sounds way better than that 992 4s did. I’m hoping the Targa GTS sounds more like my truck than my previous cab (although I doubt the flat six can match that V8).
I recently learned that, although there is no OPF requirements here in the states, all they do is remove the sensor during the manufacturing process, but the filter is still there (or some form of it). I’ve watched some videos of people deleting it in two ways. The first way is actually just opening up the cat and chiseling the filter out. The second option I saw is replacing the link pipe (potentially with an Akrapovic).
I don’t have a very technical understanding of motors in general nor do I have experience swapping any hardware on a car. I did a stage one tune on my cayenne coupe and replace the air filter myself, but that’s about the extent of my ability. looking to get some feedback from anyone with a more technical understanding of what my options are or, even better, someone with experience, who can share some pros and cons with either option.

thanks!
Final manufacturing stage
Old 11-18-2023, 01:26 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,334 Likes on 2,122 Posts

Cargraphic Valve Control Unit - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums
Old 11-18-2023, 08:49 PM
jlegelis
Burning Brakes

Received 812 Likes on 376 Posts

Your assertion is false for US cars. Soul and other sport cat vendors specifically reference this concern as *not applicable* for US cars. https://soulpp.com/product/porsche-9...ic-converters/. Perhaps enjoy your car ‘as is’ before contemplating mods - also the cab will be louder than the coupe as a start. In any case as mentioned either the Cargraphic controller or a tune by M Engineering (I went this route) will allow you to fully open the exhaust valves which is a significant improvement over the normal behavior.

Old 11-18-2023, 09:57 PM
malba2366
Three Wheelin'

Received 768 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by Dovdoesit
Soooo I’m very excited to take delivery of my 2024 Targa 4 GTS in just a couple of weeks. I had to pre-trade my 2020 Miami blue 4 S for the allocation I got. That car had the sport exhaust but I still found the sound to be a little muted for my taste. My Cayenne GTS sounds way better than that 992 4s did. I’m hoping the Targa GTS sounds more like my truck than my previous cab (although I doubt the flat six can match that V8).
I recently learned that, although there is no OPF requirements here in the states, all they do is remove the sensor during the manufacturing process, but the filter is still there (or some form of it). I’ve watched some videos of people deleting it in two ways. The first way is actually just opening up the cat and chiseling the filter out. The second option I saw is replacing the link pipe (potentially with an Akrapovic).
I don’t have a very technical understanding of motors in general nor do I have experience swapping any hardware on a car. I did a stage one tune on my cayenne coupe and replace the air filter myself, but that’s about the extent of my ability. looking to get some feedback from anyone with a more technical understanding of what my options are or, even better, someone with experience, who can share some pros and cons with either option.

thanks!
Final manufacturing stage
Base/S/GTS models do not have GPF in the United States.
Old 11-19-2023, 11:44 AM
Dovdoesit
Cruisin'

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by malba2366
Base/S/GTS models do not have GPF in the United States.
after watching some videos on YouTube of guys removing the filter on a gt3 my assumption was that the filter was standard on all 992 911s, glad to hear that is not the case!

Quick Reply: 992 Targa 4 GTS OPF Delete