Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Start/Stop Functionality

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2023, 12:42 PM
zachr
Burning Brakes

Received 768 Likes on 340 Posts

I feel like I'm the only person not bothered by auto start-stop systems. It's pretty seamless. The car turns off as I come to a stop, it starts back up when I let off the brakes so it's ready to move by the time my foot reaches the throttle, it saves me some fuel, and it can serve as an early warning of battery issues (since the car will not turn off if your battery is in poor health). Very minor adjustments to my driving habits like letting off the brakes a little earlier or tapping the throttle if I'm in brake hold mode make auto start-stop a non-issue for me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The following 2 users liked this post by zachr:
Just J (11-17-2023), StarbuckR6 (11-23-2023)
Old 11-17-2023, 06:10 PM
Porsche992
Pro

Received 423 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by zachr
I feel like I'm the only person not bothered by auto start-stop systems. It's pretty seamless. The car turns off as I come to a stop, it starts back up when I let off the brakes so it's ready to move by the time my foot reaches the throttle, it saves me some fuel, and it can serve as an early warning of battery issues (since the car will not turn off if your battery is in poor health). Very minor adjustments to my driving habits like letting off the brakes a little earlier or tapping the throttle if I'm in brake hold mode make auto start-stop a non-issue for me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yes sir you are the only person not bothered by it
The following 5 users liked this post by Porsche992:
Dr. Z (11-17-2023), DrB477 (11-20-2023), johnohara (11-20-2023), Nein Eleven (11-18-2023), Siso78 (11-18-2023)
Old 11-17-2023, 07:11 PM
dudeoverthere
Burning Brakes

Received 690 Likes on 325 Posts

*** turns off the car as i approach most any dip or speed bump. when i have to pause a moment prior to merging as i check for traffic. when i stop to parallel park. a dozen times going through a drivethrough. right turn on red. it's too sensitive and annoying as a result.
The following users liked this post:
HOTCHKIS (11-19-2023)
Old 11-17-2023, 07:52 PM
Just J
Rennlist Member

Received 410 Likes on 184 Posts

You're NOT the only one. I set my Individual mode to have it disabled and always used that during break-in, but at this point I don't worry about it unless I'm in a situation like stop-and-go traffic where it's kicking in too often, in which case I just roll over to Individual mode. But usually it's unobtrusive enough to easily ignore.
Old 11-17-2023, 08:36 PM
MrOhnoez
Instructor

Received 104 Likes on 55 Posts

Yeah I just usually set a customers individual mode to disable auto-start stop
If the 992.2 is like the cayenne, they took away individual, and make me use a custom sport mode to disable it.
We can't do it with pwis, porsche specifically tells us a big "no" as it can mess with EPA garbo.
Old 11-17-2023, 09:27 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 2,145 Likes on 1,187 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluehighways

Very nice. I'll copy this. Thanks.
Old 11-18-2023, 06:52 PM
breny4104
Rennlist Member

Received 516 Likes on 315 Posts

Auto Start/Stop doesn't bother me that much and I'll leave it on, especially in city traffic where you go from one stoplight to the next. When the engine isn't completely warmed up I turn it off (to sport) until it gets to temp. Also, when I'm in situations where it kicks in too much - like when in light traffic for short stops - it gets annoying so I turn it off.
Old 11-20-2023, 03:44 PM
cyclingismylife
Rennlist Member

Received 224 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluehighways
What I've been doing is to put the A.S.S. (Auto Stop Start) icon/button on the center screen. See below. Every time I start the car I push/touch this "button" to disable the A.S.S. System. Two advantages IMHO for doing it this way: First, If I were to put the car in "Sport" mode, that would work, but if at any time I switched the car out of the "Sport" mode the A.S.S. system would again be come active. But, if I press the A.S.S. button/icon first, I can then switch in and out of any mode and the A.S.S. system remains off. Second, it has become a habit for me, like fastening my seat belt, I just touch the button/icon as I put the car into gear for the first time. I can then select and/or change any driving mode without being concerned about the A.S.S. function being turned back on.

I'm assuming this screen setup is from the original PCM 6.0 (not from the cluster 37 or whatever the latest upgrade is)? My 2024 will only allow 3 areas on the custom home screen.
Old 11-20-2023, 06:46 PM
breny4104
Rennlist Member

Received 516 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by cyclingismylife
I'm assuming this screen setup is from the original PCM 6.0 (not from the cluster 37 or whatever the latest upgrade is)? My 2024 will only allow 3 areas on the custom home screen.
I think this is from PCM 5. I don't have it on PCM 6 on the B/W install or the Color upgrade... just the 3 panel option as you said, and I can't single out Auto Stop/Start.

Quick Reply: Start/Stop Functionality