992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992.2 non-GT Build order slots at MSRP

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2023 | 05:15 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Do relationships even matter anymore? I feel like dealers in some parts act more like the modern woman.

How much is in your bank account, and how much will you give me for attention?
Old 11-15-2023 | 05:18 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shrimp money
Do relationships even matter anymore? I feel like dealers in some parts act more like the modern woman.

How much is in your bank account, and how much will you give me for attention?
🫢
Old 11-15-2023 | 06:45 PM
VintageRacer
Rennlist Member

I have a used 992 Turbo with an allocation for a 992.2 GT/Turbo. I entered the new portal when I bought my previous car. The new Porsche market (except the Taycan) is hard to enter.
Old 11-18-2023 | 04:48 PM
Haros
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
What happens if the market for 2025 911s is below MSRP? Do you still have to buy the car at MSRP, or is that just the upper limit?
Unknown, but I also have money off the car before it even comes, but I don’t want to get into the details.

In Canada it is illegal to go over MSRP, so what they do instead is offering you a very poor trade-in deal, with the knowledge you’re getting your next car.

Each region is different, and mine is particularly “bad”
I have two luxury taxes to pay, provincial and federal… with one tax taxing on top of the other.
a near base 992 GTS is $53,000 in just taxes, not including whatever bull**** dealership fees and environmental fees where I live.

So Adding above MSRP is dealership suicide here unless it’s like a GT2 or something insane.
Old 11-18-2023 | 05:16 PM
Cokerrat
Instructor

Originally Posted by Haros
In Canada it is illegal to go over MSRP, so what they do instead is offering you a very poor trade-in deal, with the knowledge you’re getting your next car
This is probably a myth. Canadian Porsche dealers don’t do an overt ADM so it may indeed be PCC policy, but other manufacturers have definitely done it and I doubt they would be operating that way if it really was illegal - plenty of people would blow the whistle. Personal experience with Kia (for one) asking $10,000 over sticker on an EV6 as recently as this past spring.

Last edited by Cokerrat; 11-18-2023 at 05:21 PM.
Old 11-19-2023 | 08:01 PM
Haros
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cokerrat
This is probably a myth. Canadian Porsche dealers don’t do an overt ADM so it may indeed be PCC policy, but other manufacturers have definitely done it and I doubt they would be operating that way if it really was illegal - plenty of people would blow the whistle. Personal experience with Kia (for one) asking $10,000 over sticker on an EV6 as recently as this past spring.
Those are for “used” Kia’s and usually the EVs.
Another scam.
The GM will purchase the vehicle or affiliate and do a single coffee run in it, then they can sell it as “used” and therefore above MSRP for new.

It’s illegal to sell a new car above MSRP(Canada), but as you can see, it doesn’t stop some trivially creative schemes to get around it.

My point is: when you are playing in the high end game, the car or market conditions have to be truly special for that **** to stick, my 992.2 GTS is not special.
Anyways, let us keep on topic!

Quick Reply: 992.2 non-GT Build order slots at MSRP