Sponsored by:

ALK/LKA programmable after the fact?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2024, 08:02 PM
mrcmrc
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by txpackers
Are you looking for blind spot detection? In Porsche terms, it’s call lane change assist or LCA, not LKA which is lane keep assist. The website you quoted previously is selling LCA. Two very different systems. Most people like and want LCA. Most people do not like LKA and turn it off if they have it.

I’d expect LCA is easier to retrofit than LKA.
I am looking for a shop that can help me install Lane Keeping Assist (LKA), as I already have Lane Change Alert (LCA).
Old 01-08-2024, 08:45 PM
dudeoverthere
Burning Brakes

Received 670 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by breny4104
ALK on my '22 Cab worked well too. I did turn off the Auto Speed Limit function of InnoDrive because it would slow down too abruptly or unnaturally when the roadway speed limit was reduced; it would also sometimes erroneously read the access road/frontage road speed limit signs as belonging to the interstate and the set speed would automatically reduce, and that could be quite a surprise while driving.
The best is when it abruptly slows down for the new speed limit then forgets there is a new speed limit and abruptly floors it to get back to the previous speed.
The following users liked this post:
breny4104 (01-08-2024)
Old 01-08-2024, 09:20 PM
breny4104
Rennlist Member

Received 476 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by dudeoverthere
The best is when it abruptly slows down for the new speed limit then forgets there is a new speed limit and abruptly floors it to get back to the previous speed.
Exactly... I leave it set so that I can accept the indicated speed limit or ignore it. It took me a couple of months to figure that out... and a couple of PO'd people behind me wondering WTF.
Old 01-08-2024, 11:37 PM
Yojeffo
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 134 Posts
Default ACC & ALK

If I hypothetically stroke out or suffer a heart attack at 82 MPH in my 911 equipped with Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and Active Lane Keep (ALK), survival in a crash may be possible?
Old 01-09-2024, 09:33 AM
PHX
Burning Brakes

Received 678 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by Yojeffo
If I hypothetically stroke out or suffer a heart attack at 82 MPH in my 911 equipped with Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and Active Lane Keep (ALK), survival in a crash may be possible?
Everywhere but Philly.
Yojeffo (01-09-2024)
Old 01-09-2024, 10:01 AM
Woofman
Burning Brakes

Received 542 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by Yojeffo
I've tested the unconscious scenario in our Cayenne on a rural rarely traveled road. The driver seat belt gets tugged HARD a few times to try to wake the driver and I think there were several brake jolts. If the steering wheel still isn't gripped, the vehicle is braked to a stop and the emergency flashers are turned on.

If one of my brother in-laws had technology like this maybe he wouldn't have crashed when he fell asleep while driving across Washington state and gone to the hospital.
Yojeffo (01-09-2024)
Old 01-09-2024, 10:08 AM
zachr
Burning Brakes

Received 758 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by detansinn
Porsche’s ALK is not worth retrofitting. It’s decidedly behind other manufacturers. At best, it wanders within the lane like bumper bowling.
This is not my experience with InnoDrive at all. It's excellent on my MY22 GTS.
The following 2 users liked this post by zachr:
Woofman (01-09-2024), Yojeffo (01-09-2024)
Old 03-11-2024, 09:38 PM
paul_45
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New owner of a (new to me) Cayenne. Had been looking for a while and had to settle on one that ticked all the boxes but only has ACC. I have an X4 (that I'm offloading) with Assistance Pro and I miss the ALK in traffic. Interested to hear if anyone comes up with anything on this... guessing with the thread going cold it's a no, but thought I'd try to revive!
Old 03-11-2024, 10:13 PM
PHX
Burning Brakes

Received 678 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by paul_45
New owner of a (new to me) Cayenne. Had been looking for a while and had to settle on one that ticked all the boxes but only has ACC. I have an X4 (that I'm offloading) with Assistance Pro and I miss the ALK in traffic. Interested to hear if anyone comes up with anything on this... guessing with the thread going cold it's a no, but thought I'd try to revive!
There was a similar thread in the Cayenne subforum and it went much like this one. Worth a shot of reviving it tho!
Old 03-11-2024, 10:35 PM
Woofman
Burning Brakes

Received 542 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by paul_45
I suggest that you contact member @atwong1 of https://9xx.com/ and ask if he can do it. Anthony Wong has done all sorts of coding to activate a features including the adaptive high beam feature of PDLS+ LED-Matrix headlights for me and many other rennlist members. On the Taycan, ALK can be obtained from Porsche on a purchase or subscription basis as long as ACC is present. Porsche doesn't offer a similar program for other models but perhaps it could still be coded.

Quick Reply: ALK/LKA programmable after the fact?