Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New owner (soon) - anything I should add/remove from my build?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2023, 03:21 PM
tomtomtomtom
Racer

Received 267 Likes on 133 Posts

Remember, this will be your car and you are building it for preferences. Other than pros or cans on mechanical features, the replies are their own preferences...like picking chocolate or vanilla ice cream....your car will be beautiful!
The following 2 users liked this post by tomtomtomtom:
Shr (10-06-2023), StarbuckR6 (10-07-2023)
Old 10-06-2023, 03:58 PM
Shr
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche992
Love the colors, my only comment has to do with the transmission. Manual is the only way to go with this car IMO and the biggest difference between enjoyment and not so much enjoyment.
Never quite understood what the deal is with manuals, tbh. Then again the only time I actually used one was when I was 16 and learning to drive in an old vw beetle. But to each it's own. The pdk does a wonderful job on that car.

OP, imo the car is like a wonderful ice cream dessert. You can add many toppings and flavors but it is still delicious ice cream. There is no way to go wrong with it. Everything else is just personal preference. Just drive it like you stole it and have fun with it. I get a smile out of mine even when going grocery shopping
Old 10-06-2023, 05:27 PM
Tedster
Rennlist Member

Received 347 Likes on 169 Posts

I would consider adding the sport design front fascia. With your color it will look great. And I second full leather. That standard rubber dash is ugly.
Old 10-06-2023, 10:29 PM
Porsche992
Pro

Received 423 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by Shr
Never quite understood what the deal is with manuals, tbh. Then again the only time I actually used one was when I was 16 and learning to drive in an old vw beetle. But to each it's own. The pdk does a wonderful job on that car.

OP, imo the car is like a wonderful ice cream dessert. You can add many toppings and flavors but it is still delicious ice cream. There is no way to go wrong with it. Everything else is just personal preference. Just drive it like you stole it and have fun with it. I get a smile out of mine even when going grocery shopping
I don't want to hijack this thread and turn it into a manual and no manual discussion, but highly recommend you trying this car in a manual. Many people assume that all manuals are built equal and it's not the case, the 992 manual is on a world of its own. Best manual Ive ever driven by far. I understand if someone tries it and doesn't like it and goes PDK , but highly recommend first trying it and then decide
The following users liked this post:
rasetsu (10-07-2023)
Old 10-07-2023, 03:20 AM
Triathlonkid
Racer

Received 163 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by StarbuckR6
Hello! Looking to get my first 911 next year, I’m waiting for my dealership to call me confirming I can pay a 5k fee to confirm my allocation. He said maybe mid November, so maybe in late spring I get the car, idk

I plan to keep this car forever so I’m trying to make it perfect, but I wanted to get some opinions on the build in case there’s something I should change

hope to join the Porsche family soon!

sorry it’s in Spanish, no idea if it auto translates

Link to configurator
Not sure what budget you are looking for, but here are my suggestions
Sport steering wheel
Aluminum shifter
Sport design package
18 way seats
Premium package

Old 10-07-2023, 04:23 AM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 907 Likes on 556 Posts

Originally Posted by Shr
I think you kind of answered your own question. It would be like me saying I don't like automatics because the only automatic I've driven was a 4 speed in an 80s Chevrolet. As wonderful of a job that the PDK does for the 911, so does the manual. I'm glad Porsche offers the choice.
The following users liked this post:
txpackers (10-07-2023)
Old 10-07-2023, 08:34 AM
Shr
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by rasetsu
I think you kind of answered your own question. It would be like me saying I don't like automatics because the only automatic I've driven was a 4 speed in an 80s Chevrolet.
Are you telling me you see two different cars here?

(Amusingly the VW beetle I drove was also blue)

Originally Posted by rasetsu
As wonderful of a job that the PDK does for the 911, so does the manual. I'm glad Porsche offers the choice.
Indeed, choices are good.
Manuals aren't for me but I am glad they are still offered for those who want them.

Originally Posted by Porsche992
I don't want to hijack this thread and turn it into a manual and no manual discussion, but highly recommend you trying this car in a manual. Many people assume that all manuals are built equal and it's not the case, the 992 manual is on a world of its own. Best manual Ive ever driven by far. I understand if someone tries it and doesn't like it and goes PDK , but highly recommend first trying it and then decide
IDK if a better manual would be enough to change my mind. 16 year old me felt that the whole thing was such a hassle that it effectively killed my interest in cars for the next 15 years after that. Also, I am kind of an uncoordinated mess so adding all those extra steps might not be the best idea ever for me.

Anywho... I stand by my previous opinion. Pick whatever choice makes you happy. There aren't really wrong ones. It is just a matter of personal preference for the most part.

Quick Reply: New owner (soon) - anything I should add/remove from my build?