992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 911 GTS cab build- feedback please

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2023 | 01:44 AM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Won't buy a $500 item on a $200k car because of an artificial limit. Then ditch one of the many other things you really don't need.

Good exterior color choice. Otherwise not my cup. You want a truly striking and beautiful car, I could give you an amazing build for $10-15k less. And it would be stunning.
Old 07-24-2023 | 02:40 AM
a.v.s
Advanced

Re the white tach/Sport Chrono dial options, note the contrast issue described in this thread. It doesn't bother everyone, but after seeing the white dials in person I decided against them for that reason.
Old 07-24-2023 | 05:20 PM
CloudBoy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Shogunade;[url=tel:18923152
18923152[/url]]Sorry but black interiors are ubiquitous and boring. This is a special buy for you yes? Definitely get truffle brown. I'm biased BTW.
yep - have not had black interior in my car since the first and last time in 1997

For me it’s going to be truffle brown (90% likelyhood) or Cohiba brown (10% chance) depending on what side of the bed I wake up on the day my build freezes

Old 07-24-2023 | 05:22 PM
CloudBoy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by a.v.s;[url=tel:18923308
18923308[/url]]Re the white tach/Sport Chrono dial options, note the contrast issue described in this thread. It doesn't bother everyone, but after seeing the white dials in person I decided against them for that reason.
thank you so much for sending me this thread. I almost optioned on the white chrono and tach. Guess now I won’t

maybe GR? Think it will still tie well with Truffle brown. Dunno. Will look for more pictures if I can find them before I decide.

Old 07-24-2023 | 05:29 PM
CloudBoy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by VarTheVar;[url=tel:18922875
18922875[/url]]Ultimately it sounds like you know what you want which is great. Your build is standing up to our feedback and you are mostly unwaivered. I think you'll end up with something you like
I think I will make at least 4 changes based on all the feedback on this thread (sincere thank you to all to all for pressure testing my build)

1. Matrix LED have to go (that functionality is not available in the US)
2 and 3. Puddle lights and center armrest crest - gone. Too much Porsche branding is tacky imo. Everyone knows from a mile that’s it’s a Porsche.
4. extended dashboard and door leather trims (to make it true luxury GT for my enjoyment). This will put me above my soft limit of $200k but that’s fine.

additional changes I am contemplating- dials (if/which color - prolly not white after what I just read) and FAL (prolly will keep it even though I don’t anticipate needing it much/ever for “just in case”)

The following users liked this post:
VarTheVar (07-24-2023)
Old 07-24-2023 | 05:34 PM
CloudBoy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Shogunade;[url=tel:18923152
18923152[/url]]Sorry but black interiors are ubiquitous and boring. This is a special buy for you yes? Definitely get truffle brown. I'm biased BTW.
I like you GR seatbelts and tach/chrono. Looks like your exterior is grey or aventurine green, right? Also looks like your truffle brown seats don’t have a chalk deviated stitching (I am not going to add chalk either).

can you confirm my observations based on your picture.

were you concerned about introducing a third color (GR) in the schema.

the reason I am asking is that I have gentian blue and truffle brown already going. And wanted to see if can/should introduce another color such as white or GR?
Old 07-24-2023 | 10:38 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CloudBoy
I like you GR seatbelts and tach/chrono. Looks like your exterior is grey or aventurine green, right? Also looks like your truffle brown seats don’t have a chalk deviated stitching (I am not going to add chalk either).

can you confirm my observations based on your picture.

were you concerned about introducing a third color (GR) in the schema.

the reason I am asking is that I have gentian blue and truffle brown already going. And wanted to see if can/should introduce another color such as white or GR?
Thanks. I really have to take better shots of the interior. I optioned the truffle with chalk stitching. I wasn't too concerned with the chalk as it's pretty muted. And it's not everywhere. So I don't feel it's too busy and it actually makes for a subtle contrast compared to the loud guards red seat belts and red dials that give the interior a pop. SA and GM couldn't see it working and actually told me I better not back out cause they'd have a hard time selling it because of the red. When it got delivered they agreed it looked great. TBH I think I subconsciously was thinking about my baseball glove growing up. And BTW my exterior is Arctic Grey.

IMO this interior would go very well with the Gentian Blue especially if your kept the standard red calipers.

Old 07-25-2023 | 08:49 AM
txpackers
Racer

yep - have not had black interior in my car since the first and last time in 1997

For me it’s going to be truffle brown (90% likelyhood) or Cohiba brown (10% chance) depending on what side of the bed I wake up on the day my build freezes
I struggled for a while with my interior color. I saw so many different ones here on Rennlist. I really liked truffle brown until I saw it in person and sat in it. My wife looked at me and asked “do you really want to sit in poop all day?”. She said what I was thinking and that ended my desire for truffle brown.

My exterior is GT Silver so I also highly considered Bordeaux Red since it’s so classic. It looks great in pictures, but just too overwhelming for me when I sat in it. Sensory overload that I didn’t like.

In the end I went with black because it’s what I enjoy and makes me happy. I know it’s not for others, but that doesn’t matter to me.

In the end, get what you want and don’t listen to any of us here. You’ll be much happier and more likely to keep the car long term.
Old 07-25-2023 | 11:08 AM
ntoben
Advanced

Just an alternative thought

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRHK5ZI4
Old 07-25-2023 | 11:09 AM
VarTheVar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ntoben
This build has cocaine vibes
Old 07-25-2023 | 11:17 AM
alin2
Burning Brakes

thank you so much for sending me this thread. I almost optioned on the white chrono and tach. Guess now I won’t

maybe GR? Think it will still tie well with Truffle brown. Dunno. Will look for more pictures if I can find them before I decide.
Huh...I have the white tach (not chrono since I optioned the PD clock) and have noticed any contrast issues in bright sunlight FWIW.
Old 07-25-2023 | 11:35 AM
ntoben
Advanced

Originally Posted by VarTheVar
This build has cocaine vibes
color palate was lifted from singer quartz build.

https://www.stuttcars.com/quartz-com...ehicle-design/

Quick Reply: My 911 GTS cab build- feedback please