992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is a 992.2 Manual coming ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2024 | 10:49 PM
Scorpio830
Intermediate

Assuming you are referring to a bmw m3?? I have not driven the new one yet . I rented a new manual m4 , I found it boring . It’s hard going from a Porsche to a bmw as it pertains to handling . Especially the bmws of today’s era . The 911 t is prob close to a bmw m ride - it’s not something that gets me super excited . I’m questioning if a 992 gts will do the trick . I can always tune it higher if I want more power . Not sure if it can even handle more power without back spinning out . Or maybe it’s enough power as is . Have never had a gts . Had a 4s and loved it . None of them are cheap these days in manual . I think the gts in manual will hold better value relative to a 4s . Maybe I’m wrong . Maybe the ride difference vs an s is not even distinguishing to the average driver and it’s all marketing . Hence I’m asking the pros for advice .

Originally Posted by domino_z
i went through same process in my latest m3 build, i started out with typical thought process, rwd manual sedan is more involving, this is going to be last chance to buy a new manual M car, etc, then i drove it and the box just didn't suit the engine, felt like the ratios were all wrong, and it was manual for sake of it - i ended up on complete opposite end with a zf8 awd touring

as much as i may sit and think about choosing a manual or an auto in a modern car, i think the manual box is just not suited to modern turbo sports car drivetrains anymore, the gearing especially is just to long to make it past the EU regs, and the cars are just too powerful to actually row through a few gears without heavily exceeding the speed limit - current mx5 excluded

the beauty for people who still want manual 911's is that there are plenty of used cars on market you can still buy and drive today

re the .2, i would bet the T brings the manual back and that is all. c2s will be a detuned gts drivetrain
Old 09-14-2024 | 02:34 AM
black_frog
Intermediate

There may be an announcement at the 2024 International Motor Show Germany starting next week

Quick Reply: Is a 992.2 Manual coming ?