Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery type on early 992 with RAS

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2024 | 10:44 PM
unvjustintime
Intermediate

Originally Posted by acr89
i’ll ask Porsche when I pick up the car tomorrow. I really like the rear axle steering option and just want to make sure that it isn’t affected with AGM

any further resolution?
Old 01-12-2024 | 10:45 PM
unvjustintime
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Antigravity
For sure Cody, we just got a bit busy on some other things, and we just want to do one ourselves with a Customer so we can run a few additional tests, but it was hard finding a person to do this with us, we have posted a few time that we would work with someone willing to do this with us and give them a massive discount on the battery, and give them the Negative Ground Cable that we bought a few months back to do this test. It really won't require much of anything except a quick change of the Ground strap which is a 10 minutes to do, then hook up the battery and drive and see if any flags come up. The other thing we would like to do is see if it works fine in the AGM setting as well as the Lithium Settings in PIWIS. But since it probably in the lithium setting from the factory that should be a drop in and go scenario and no coding or registering the battery anyway. So it should be quite straight forward and simple and requiring no changes to the car at all.

We are in Gardena, CA about 20 minutes from LAX airport is anyone is around that area in L.A. and wants to test this with us.

Scott - did anyone try the lithium battery with the ground strap from an agm car?
Old 01-12-2024 | 10:51 PM
acr89
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by unvjustintime
any further resolution?
car has been working fine with the AGM battery
Old 01-13-2024 | 09:13 AM
unvjustintime
Intermediate

I am still proactively looking to change from lithium to agm when time comes to save money

1. does car need to be recoded to agm no clear absolute answer on the forum.
2. the ground strap needs to be changed
3. I believe to have confirmed all stock agm cars have another wire connected to the positive terminal. Several photos and even a video from a dealer performing a demo jump start shows this wire. Unsure what this wire is or where it goes but obviously gives the computer a direct voltage to the battery. Anyone with a agm battery please let us know
Old 01-13-2024 | 09:14 AM
unvjustintime
Intermediate

Quick Reply: Battery type on early 992 with RAS