Sponsored by:

First Brake Change C2S OEM Pad Options

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2023, 08:37 PM
MattBauer
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 16 Posts
Default First Brake Change C2S OEM Pad Options

MY21 C2S, 15k miles. Just a few mill left on all the pads, 1mm left on all the rotors. Fronts are all in slightly better shape than the rears, all four rotors can go another round, just looking at a pad slap soon. Not a track car, canyon runner. FCP Euro (lifetime warranty) has Pagid and Textar pads. The 991.2 and 992 have the same brakes. Both Pagid and Textar are part of the same parent company, TMD Friction. Textar supplied 991.2 OE pads, seems thus far all 992 are Pagid. Looking for any feedback or opinions from anyone who’s been down this road already. Not concerned with dust. Don’t think it matters much using either OEM option here, but curious. Thanks.

Last edited by MattBauer; 06-28-2023 at 08:54 PM.
Old 06-28-2023, 08:51 PM
AlfaM5
Instructor

Received 116 Likes on 57 Posts

Just because Textar and Pagid are under TMD, doesn't mean they have the same compound. The 992 is new so most likely the Pagid, which is the OES, has the original compound. Once a model gets old buying the OES brand is no guarantee that you get the same compound. Unless a car is getting tracked, I'm a big believer in using Genuine brakes or if the price difference is too much, and you can find the actual same part, then I'm fine with using the OES. The price you're paying at FCP is quite a bit higher than what you can get from Porsche (if you have a good dealer that doesn't markup MSRP). But I understand the aura of "lifetime". So my suggestion is buy either Genuine or Pagid.
Old 06-28-2023, 08:53 PM
AlfaM5
Instructor

Received 116 Likes on 57 Posts

And by the way, they may have identical shapes (I am not claiming I know) but the Porsche part number for the 992 is not the same as the 991.2 pads.
Old 06-28-2023, 08:56 PM
MattBauer
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AlfaM5
Just because Textar and Pagid are under TMD, doesn't mean they have the same compound. The 992 is new so most likely the Pagid, which is the OES, has the original compound. Once a model gets old buying the OES brand is no guarantee that you get the same compound. Unless a car is getting tracked, I'm a big believer in using Genuine brakes or if the price difference is too much, and you can find the actual same part, then I'm fine with using the OES. The price you're paying at FCP is quite a bit higher than what you can get from Porsche (if you have a good dealer that doesn't markup MSRP). But I understand the aura of "lifetime". So my suggestion is buy either Genuine or Pagid.
And by the way, they may have identical shapes (I am not claiming I know) but the Porsche part number for the 992 is not the same as the 991.2 pads.
You can look up the 991.2 part number and it cross references with the 992 part number. No doubt it’s the same.
Old 06-28-2023, 09:08 PM
MattBauer
Intermediate

Thanks for the advice. I chew up brakes/tires quicker than most so I tend FCP/tire rack. Later rounds I go to geodisc and 2500’s. But while the OE rotors have life left I like to stick to OEM pads, 2 for 1 deal. Compounds on street pads are all pretty much similar, but I’ll likely go Pagid as you suggested though, as your logic is strong. The FCP price comes out the same as a local dealer or a place like Suncoast. Thanks for your advice.
Old 06-29-2023, 10:37 AM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Received 3,199 Likes on 1,373 Posts

Looks like Suncoast sells the PAGID pads for the same price as FCP.
Old 06-29-2023, 11:17 AM
KNSBrakes
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

For OEM pad replacement we like to use Hawk HPS 5.0's. On par (if not slightly more aggressive) than the OEM pads with moderate brake dust.

We do not recommend the 5.0's (or OEM pads) for track use.

--Aaron

knsbrakes.com | Phone: 919-420-0021 | Email: sales@knsbrakes.com

Quick Reply: First Brake Change C2S OEM Pad Options