Sponsored by:

GTS Interior w/ Leather Steering Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2023, 11:49 PM
355Shawn
Instructor

Received 170 Likes on 58 Posts
Default GTS Interior w/ Leather Steering Wheel

I just took delivery of my GTS this past week, when I got into the car I noticed the shift **** and shift boot were in black leather and not Race-Tex.

I’m actually ok with this being the case, but wondering how it happened since I ordered the GTS interior?

I did select the steering wheel in black leather, but to my knowledge selecting that option does not also convert the shift **** and shift boot to leather.

Has anyone else here ordered the GTS interior, and also selected the steering wheel in leather, and then ended up with leather on the **** and shift boot?

As I said I don’t have an issue with the outcome, but really don’t know how this happened.

The following users liked this post:
HudsonOH992GTS (06-18-2023)
Old 06-18-2023, 12:39 AM
HudsonOH992GTS
Instructor

Received 346 Likes on 100 Posts

I will be following this. I have a GTS sitting in Emden. Got the GT leather wheel w carbon fiber accents. I also thought it did not impact the shifter boot and **** but wished it did. I am encouraged. Will advise when I take delivery which TYD says July 15. Build completed May 23,2023
355Shawn (06-18-2023)
Old 06-18-2023, 05:20 AM
yronzff
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts

My ‘22 GTS was ordered with the GTS interior and carbon fiber leather steering wheel. Both the shift **** and shift boot came with leather.

I like that both my hands are touching the same material when I’m driving.
355Shawn (06-18-2023)
Old 06-18-2023, 10:41 AM
woobiee
Pro

Received 983 Likes on 318 Posts

I’m pretty certain this is normal. Opting for the leather wheel also comes with the leather shifter boot and shifter.
The following 3 users liked this post by woobiee:
355Shawn (06-18-2023), RayC168 (06-18-2023), Rgwirtz (09-22-2023)
Old 06-18-2023, 10:44 AM
Drew_W
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Opting for leather steering wheel also changes the shifter to leather. I think if you want the shifter and boot in Race-Tex, I believe Suncoast has it for sale.
Old 06-18-2023, 11:48 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

I too have the GTS Interior and got the Steering wheel in leather. I have PDK but what I did notice is the stitching on my steering wheel is black and not the Chalk that I thought it would be!!!??

Old 06-18-2023, 02:05 PM
Zetta
Racer

Received 305 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I too have the GTS Interior and got the Steering wheel in leather. I have PDK but what I did notice is the stitching on my steering wheel is black and not the Chalk that I thought it would be!!!??
The color stitching on the steering wheel comes only if you choose the option deviated stitching. On the configrator you can find this information.
Old 06-25-2023, 06:17 PM
gthal
Pro

Received 538 Likes on 204 Posts

Opting for leather wheel means leather shifter.
Old 06-25-2023, 07:41 PM
Macboy
Burning Brakes

Received 3,300 Likes on 733 Posts

Unfortunately many things in the configurator are not so clear or logical. Most people here know the details. And your SA should inform you. But here is an example of Porsche logic:

On the US GTS configurator this is written when chosing leather steering wheel:
Steering wheel rim with thumb rests and cross-stitched leather seam. Steering wheel elements in Black instead of Dark Silver.
Currently no words have been added about the gear lever and boot also being in leather. I think it was in the old one. But when you chose this option also on the picture the gear lever is not changing.

On the US Carrera S configurator this is written when chosing the Race-Tex wheel:
Note: In conjunction with 7-Speed Manual Transmission, the gear lever and gear lever boot are in Race-Tex.
So here it’s written that there is always a connection between those two. Which is in fact also logical. You usually want to feel the same thing with your hands.

With the chalk stitching its a bit more clear. When chosing the normal leather with chalk stitching this is written:

Includes in Smooth-Finish Leather:
  • Steering wheel rim
  • Steering wheel airbag module
Includes with Chalk Stitching:
  • Outer front seat stitching
  • Upper section of the dashboard
  • Upper section of the door panels
  • Upper rear side panels
  • Inner rear seat bolsters
This clearly says the steering wheel is in leather but the stichting is not in chalk because the steering wheel is not mentioned below. It would be more clear to just add “with black stitching” or “no chalk stitching on the steering wheel”. This also means the inner front seat stitching is black as well as the lower section of the door panels. So you get 2 different stitching colors. Which is also not very clear of Porsche and many people who are not into this don’t know.

I do notice the configurator has changed again in the US. In the deviated stitching section nothing is written currently. But the steering wheel was mentioned before and included when chosing the deviated stitching. I know this for sure. On the Carrera T we had some similar unclear points when choosing the T package with green stitching but not choosing the full leather. It was not well written which parts would have the green stitching.

You would think a brand like Porsche would be able to make small things like this a bit more clear in the configurator.

Last edited by Macboy; 06-25-2023 at 07:52 PM.

Quick Reply: GTS Interior w/ Leather Steering Wheel