Sponsored by:

Yellow rear turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2023, 02:54 AM
svkarl
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Yellow rear turn signals

I’ve seen a few videos where the 992’s have signals/4 ways on and the rears flash yellow. Plates, when visible are certainly foreign, likely Europe. My question is does anyone know if that’s programmable with PIWIS or is it hardware (different, European turn signal/brake light assemblies)?
TIA

Karl
Old 06-05-2023, 04:24 AM
pman3
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

As far as I know this is hardware. EU regulations require all cars to have orange turn signals and if you are importing a car from States you need to replace the blinkers. I did not see any manufacturer making it configurable and I believe that a friend of mine was replacing it in his imported 911. Anyway, this is what I believe is true, but there is a slight chance I'm wrong here.
Old 06-06-2023, 02:29 AM
svkarl
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by pman3
As far as I know this is hardware. EU regulations require all cars to have orange turn signals and if you are importing a car from States you need to replace the blinkers. I did not see any manufacturer making it configurable and I believe that a friend of mine was replacing it in his imported 911. Anyway, this is what I believe is true, but there is a slight chance I'm wrong here.

thank you sir!
The following users liked this post:
pman3 (06-06-2023)

Quick Reply: Yellow rear turn signals