"Interesting" Behavious/Reaction

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2023, 10:48 AM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,541 Likes on 797 Posts

Originally Posted by 991.1 Guy
I have seen that multiple times on the toll road. Motorcycles doing 140 riding a wheelie. I think it's cool!
Me too. I like seeing people with personality on the road. The golf bag toting Porsche or Corvette owner driving well below the speed limit, a dime a dozen sight, is a tired look.

I don’t agree with people going 140 mph, of course, but I’ve seen people do wheelies at speed limit and i appreciate the skill and playfulness. Glad they are out there

Last edited by Tupper; 05-27-2023 at 10:50 AM.
Old 05-30-2023, 08:06 AM
Hwyeatr
Track Day

Received 45 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Denny Swift
I was driving home from Lancaster PA yesterday on 283 at around 3:45 PM. Traffic volume was starting to increase, but it was moving well. I was cruising at about 85 in the left lane and passing slower traffic in the right lane when I saw a motorcycle pretty far behind. When the rider saw my 911, he cranked the throttle and blew by me at probably 140. He then braked hard, dropped down to my speed, pulled up along side me and gave a thumbs up. Then he pulled a wheelie and rode it for probably a couple of hundred feet while doing at least 85 mph. When he finally dropped the front wheel, he again pulled up beside me and gave a thumbs up, then quickly took the next exit. I couldn't tell what kind of a bike it was. The guy was definitely crazy, and being able to hold a wheelie for that long at that speed, I have to admit, was pretty impressive. But I thought that was quite a reaction (over reaction) to seeing a 911 and unlike anything I've ever seen before. I typically have idiots in full size pickup trucks (usually the lifted ones) want to race me (I just ignore them and they have - thankfully - always just gone away). I've also had bikes try to race me (I ignore them too), but I've never had a reaction like this.
I'm in Lancaster Pa/. Picking up my T this week, we should catch up some time.
Old 05-30-2023, 04:06 PM
Emosgarage
Instructor

Received 297 Likes on 106 Posts

i’ve put 1000 miles on my 911 in the past week, and I will say that it has drawn some negative attention. I passed a kid in a Honda Accord on a 2 Lane Country Rd., and he then proceeded to drive over 80 miles an hour on my bumper so close that I thought he was going to touch my car, for about 30 minutes. no idea what his problem was. Then, another time I was in a train of cars on a two-lane road where the lead car was driving 5 miles per hour below the speed limit, and I pulled out and passed four cars at once, and the slow driver in the front was flashing his lights at me and all pissed off apparently. I drive the same way that I drive in my Yukon, but I have found that I get a lot more tailgaters and general haters, when I’m in the 911. My friend with a Lambo has some real horror stories about people driving like A-holes when they see him out….
The following users liked this post:
johny221 (05-30-2023)
Old 05-30-2023, 04:59 PM
jtsrenn
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by justabout
I’ve witnessed motorcycles doing this periodically. Usually pass me on a double line and hold it until out of sight. It is impressive but can’t help thinking, this is an organ donor in the making.
....so, silver lining.....
Old 05-30-2023, 06:42 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 7,738 Likes on 2,888 Posts

I swear that it wasn't me, Denny.

The following users liked this post:
incoming992s (05-31-2023)

Quick Reply: "Interesting" Behavious/Reaction