Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is actually going on at the Port of Emden.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2023, 08:55 AM
icanthelpit
Burning Brakes

Received 876 Likes on 416 Posts

This thread reminds me of children on a road trip asking, "Daddy when will we get there" every 5 minutes. Other's experience on this subject has zero bearing on a subsequent event that the OP wants to know about. That is, unless it acts as a pacifier for the OP. I'll go with that soothing effect. "Definitively" knowing the situation is funny (see my comprehension at work here)! It is far from a technical discussion which is on par for the forum. It is entertaining though.
The following 4 users liked this post by icanthelpit:
aggie57 (03-08-2023), BudFox6 (03-08-2023), evansboston (03-16-2024), Orca911 (03-08-2023)
Old 03-08-2023, 09:11 AM
tsjoel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 32 Posts

I dropped my car off at the factory in Leipzig last Wednesday (3-1). They needed to replace the snow tires with my original tires and ship back to east coast of USA. I put an airtag tracker in the car. Car just went on the move today from the factory.
This probably doesn't help at this moment but it may help us glean some knowledge once it reaches Emden. The info I receive will not be from the track your dream which can be sketchy.
The following 8 users liked this post by tsjoel:
992carrerat (03-08-2023), adm63 (03-08-2023), DSC48 (03-08-2023), IPA1 (03-09-2023), johny221 (03-08-2023), merrion13 (03-08-2023), mittttal (03-08-2023), tourenwagen (03-23-2023) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-08-2023, 01:14 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,866 Likes on 1,509 Posts

Originally Posted by icanthelpit
This thread reminds me of children on a road trip asking, "Daddy when will we get there" every 5 minutes. Other's experience on this subject has zero bearing on a subsequent event that the OP wants to know about. That is, unless it acts as a pacifier for the OP. I'll go with that soothing effect. "Definitively" knowing the situation is funny (see my comprehension at work here)! It is far from a technical discussion which is on par for the forum. It is entertaining though.
I could mention that my car hit the port and was on a ship within a couple of days back in 2020. Won't help the op though.
The following users liked this post:
icanthelpit (03-08-2023)
Old 03-08-2023, 04:01 PM
icanthelpit
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by aggie57
I could mention that my car hit the port and was on a ship within a couple of days back in 2020. Won't help the op though.
Mine was at the port just before Felicity Ace made its’ final voyage. I fully “thought “ it would be on that ship. We know what happened to those cars and ship. Made it on the next ship bound for Jacksonville last March. Irrelevant right?
adm63 (03-08-2023)
Old 03-08-2023, 07:55 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Mine was at the port just before Felicity Ace made its’ final voyage. I fully “thought “ it would be on that ship. We know what happened to those cars and ship. Made it on the next ship bound for Jacksonville last March. Irrelevant right?
Old 03-09-2023, 02:53 AM
Marcha
Instructor

Received 327 Likes on 116 Posts

Another idiot whose brain can’t comprehend what he is actually reading. At no point did I ask for accounts of past events or how long peoples cars sat at the port in the past. Obviously that is irrelevant. Nor have I asked for regurgitated rumours from other forums.
I asked for first hand accounts from other customers with cars that are currently at the port and have been at the port for an extended period of time. I asked for these customers to recount what they are currently being told by their dealers. Not rumour, not past experience.
This is my last post on this thread. Unfortunately due to the large number of total ****witts like this fool, who are seemingly unable to understand a simple request, it’s all just too hard and I have better things to do.
Old 03-09-2023, 08:26 AM
icanthelpit
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Marcha
Another idiot whose brain can’t comprehend what he is actually reading. At no point did I ask for accounts of past events or how long peoples cars sat at the port in the past. Obviously that is irrelevant. Nor have I asked for regurgitated rumours from other forums.
I asked for first hand accounts from other customers with cars that are currently at the port and have been at the port for an extended period of time. I asked for these customers to recount what they are currently being told by their dealers. Not rumour, not past experience.
This is my last post on this thread. Unfortunately due to the large number of total ****witts like this fool, who are seemingly unable to understand a simple request, it’s all just too hard and I have better things to do.
Right, stick with FB. Bye-bye. Has been entertaining experiencing your lack of self-control thereby resorting to name calling!
Old 03-09-2023, 11:47 AM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Seriously if you have better things to do then feel free to go off and do them. Name calling is not helpful.
Old 03-09-2023, 11:59 AM
Corkdsp
Advanced

Received 94 Likes on 37 Posts

Did some investigating and found our problem
icanthelpit (03-09-2023)
Old 03-23-2023, 09:35 AM
Marcha
Instructor

I had an email update on my car’s movements yesterday. After being completed on 12th February my car has been in a holding area at the factory for 5 weeks and only moved to the Port yesterday. There is a RoRo every 10 days from Emden to Grimsby Uk but the Port is full.
I asked my contact at the uk OPC if the delay was because my car was waiting for parts to finish.
He replied “No, there was nothing missing, it’s just sheer volume of cars. The Port is full”
Old 03-23-2023, 10:36 AM
repcapale
Rennlist Member

Received 596 Likes on 263 Posts

I had an email update on my car’s movements yesterday. After being completed on 12th February my car has been in a holding area at the factory for 5 weeks and only moved to the Port yesterday. There is a RoRo every 10 days from Emden to Grimsby Uk but the Port is full.
I asked my contact at the uk OPC if the delay was because my car was waiting for parts to finish.
He replied “No, there was nothing missing, it’s just sheer volume of cars. The Port is full”
I am not sure this is 100% true. My car completed production March 09. Left Emden March 18th and is now half way across the Atlantic.

I was however delayed in production for approx. 8 weeks. So is the TYD not accurate and the car was actually complete but waiting? Not likely as many people post photos with the Aerkoit wing missing.
Old 03-23-2023, 11:49 AM
tourenwagen
Three Wheelin'

Received 4,348 Likes on 1,191 Posts

Originally Posted by tsjoel
I dropped my car off at the factory in Leipzig last Wednesday (3-1). They needed to replace the snow tires with my original tires and ship back to east coast of USA. I put an airtag tracker in the car. Car just went on the move today from the factory.
This probably doesn't help at this moment but it may help us glean some knowledge once it reaches Emden. The info I receive will not be from the track your dream which can be sketchy.
Early on in my order I was going to do Euro Delivery and had the same thought. Euro Delivery booked out though so I dropped the idea. Still have a 4 pack of airtags on my desk that I was going to hide all over the car for redundancy
Old 03-23-2023, 12:56 PM
tsjoel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by tourenwagen
Early on in my order I was going to do Euro Delivery and had the same thought. Euro Delivery booked out though so I dropped the idea. Still have a 4 pack of airtags on my desk that I was going to hide all over the car for redundancy
still sitting there. Hopefully will move around March 28th when Siem Aristotle docks. The red ***** II is what my wife "affectionately " calls it. My red 993 was the original because my wife said she was the other woman in my life.😊

Noodler (03-18-2024)
Old 03-23-2023, 10:00 PM
myidsucks
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by repcapale
I am not sure this is 100% true. My car completed production March 09. Left Emden March 18th and is now half way across the Atlantic.

I was however delayed in production for approx. 8 weeks. So is the TYD not accurate and the car was actually complete but waiting? Not likely as many people post photos with the Aerkoit wing missing.
I think you had lucky timing in terms of when your car was completed. It seems there were a bunch of us whose cars completed in the first couple of weeks of February who had an unlucky detour to a holding lot in France. It further seems that during the 5 weeks or so our cars were in France, those that completed at the factory were sent directly to Emden and in cases like yours managed to get on a ship with a relatively short wait in the port. Definitely some timing to celebrate.

Last edited by myidsucks; 03-23-2023 at 10:30 PM.
Marcha (03-24-2023)
Old 03-24-2023, 04:06 AM
Marcha
Instructor

As “myidsucks” says above: If your car has disappeared for the last 5 or 6 weeks then it’s likely been in France. My dealer told me it’s been at the factory but that now seems untrue.
The lesson here is when we think something looks like it isn’t right then it probably isn’t and keep digging. Don’t listen to gaslighting trolls who refer to members as “children” because we want to know what is going on with our $200k investments that we have waited many months or years for.
Screenshots attached of member reports of our little French detour.

Quick Reply: What is actually going on at the Port of Emden.