Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Really sums up a majority of my childhood
Old 02-28-2023, 09:56 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,366 Likes on 745 Posts

Let us know if this is another battery sacrificed to the goods of poor engineering.
Old 03-01-2023, 09:14 AM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,442 Likes on 911 Posts

And suggest to your friend to go to dealer and make sure he has the latest ECU update to stop any potential parasitic drain.
Old 03-01-2023, 10:46 AM
Dan006
Racer

Received 172 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by shrimp money
Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, and Start
I did not understand…. you can develop ???
Old 03-01-2023, 10:50 AM
Dan006
Racer

Originally Posted by Staffie Guy
There is a specific procedure that must be followed to prevent the cigarette plug charger from shutting down. Don’t recall off hand but it has been mentioned on several posts. Maybe someone will chime in.

I had explained this and I will research the exact procedure and post here. me my CTEK has been on my 992 for 3 months and no worries.
The following users liked this post:
vg247 (03-02-2023)
Old 03-01-2023, 11:25 AM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,442 Likes on 911 Posts

Originally Posted by Staffie Guy
There is a specific procedure that must be followed to prevent the cigarette plug charger from shutting down. Don’t recall off hand but it has been mentioned on several posts. Maybe someone will chime in.
I don't know which issue has produced more RL threads:

1.) CTEK charger plugged into cigarette lighter will not charge OR
2.) Porsche with LI-ON battery is dead and won't take a charge.
turboBEVO (03-14-2024)
Old 03-01-2023, 11:27 AM
Dan006
Racer

Originally Posted by nyca
Every time I have read about this same condition here - the result always seems to be that the cigarette plug charger "shuts down" for various different reasons, the owner is not aware it has shutdown even though plugged in, so the battery goes dead. That doesn't happen with the hard wire solution.
I will send a private email
Fullyield (03-01-2023)
Old 03-02-2023, 07:03 PM
Jerry Yordy
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by drcollie
GT3's have Rear Wheel Steering which means it also has the Li-Po battery. Most likely his battery is fine, it has gone into Deep Sleep mode.

1) Pull the Fuse Box Cover. Pull out the trunk fuse, its designed to do this (in the owner's manual). Then attach a 12v source to that fuse clamping on either side of it, grounding to the door hinge as Master Deep says. It's going to look like the red fuse in this (997) photo and may be in a different spot, but similar. See the hot leads on each side? Clamp there. Your trunk will now open with the switch.

2) Now you need a booster to "wake up" the battery. If you don't have one, this will more than do the job off Amazon and it will also power that fuse circuit to open the trunk....

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016UG6PWE...roduct_details

3) Hook it up to the battery and then when ready, press the red exclamation point switch. Upon pressing the switch you will immediately hear the car come to life and it will start right up. Then, carry the booster pack in the car and you can always get yourself out of a jam.

Charging the vehicle with the Porsche supplied charger is a whole different topic and they don't work that well through the 12v plug in, its hit or miss. But the above will get the car going. If the battery is truly dead and does not wake up, its several months before replacements are available.
Can the NOCO BOOST GB70 actually be used for this purpose. The instruction manual says it is only for 12 volt lead acid batteries. Trying to jump start a lithium battery is dangerous and runs the risk of damage.
Old 03-02-2023, 07:19 PM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 4,134 Likes on 1,462 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerry Yordy
Can the NOCO BOOST GB70 actually be used for this purpose. The instruction manual says it is only for 12 volt lead acid batteries. Trying to jump start a lithium battery is dangerous and runs the risk of damage.
works for myself and others. Do what you feel is safe.
Old 03-04-2023, 04:55 PM
satk
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does anyone know what the CCA (Cold Cramping Amps) are for the Porsche 992 (2021 C2S) AGM battery? I've looked on the battery but for the life of me cannot find it. Just want to test the battery and need the CCA to perform the test. Thanks.
Old 03-04-2023, 04:59 PM
satk
Intermediate

I think I just figured it out. I need to use the DIN standard and I see that on the battery.
Old 03-05-2023, 12:14 AM
vg247
Pro

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by satk
Does anyone know what the CCA (Cold Cramping Amps) are for the Porsche 992 (2021 C2S) AGM battery? I've looked on the battery but for the life of me cannot find it. Just want to test the battery and need the CCA to perform the test. Thanks.

IT is hidden in a sneaky area, the battery type is listed under the black vertical bracket cross bar..my says it’s, AGM
Old 03-05-2023, 01:53 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,007 Likes on 566 Posts

Though there is a specific test for finding the true CCA of a battery, which I won't get into, the fact is that most all the manufacturers are just putting what they feel to gain a sale or make it appear they have higher CCA. But the facts are that if a battery is the same size and same amp hours the CCA will be almost exactly the same regardless of brand. So you can use another brand with the same Amp Hours to get a CCA number for your test. Yes some higher quality brands could use a more pure lead content but that will still not dramatically effect the overall CCA for the battery when comparing new to new. If you are needing the CCA of a battery to use one of those DIGITAL battery testers, I can tell you they are not super accurate to determine anything. The best way to check the batteries health is with a realy load tester that puts and actual load on the battery. Or take it to a Car Parts store to test for you. If I'm off base on what you are trying to accomplish then never mind...
Old 03-05-2023, 04:38 PM
satk
Intermediate

Hi Antigravity - thanks for your response. I was indeed attempting to test my battery with "one of those DIGITAL battery testers". I appreciate the feedback on their accuracy although it's a little bit of a bummer to hear that they are not that accurate.
Old 03-05-2023, 05:45 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,007 Likes on 566 Posts

Hi Antigravity - thanks for your response. I was indeed attempting to test my battery with "one of those DIGITAL battery testers". I appreciate the feedback on their accuracy although it's a little bit of a bummer to hear that they are not that accurate.
Yes I just wanted to point that out because we tried them for a bit about 4 years ago thinking it would be a quick and easy way to do some testing being you don't have to put an actual load on the battery nor do you have to deal with the heats that is generated from testin with a real load tester... but we found they were simply not accurate enough and even failed because they would show a battery as being in good condition but when we put a real load on the battery the battery would not have good real power.

They generally operate by sending a signal through the battery and measure resistance and give you some results...which being honest probably may work for a down and dirty quick test if your a mechanic trying to see what is up. But when your counting on the device to show if the battery holds a real load which is the end of the line test for us specifically, they didn't work well enough to trust the result. But in another use they might benefit some.

Quick Reply: Charging a dead battery (locked frunk)