Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Racing Yellow or Lizard Green for interior accents?
Standard interior ($0) + belts, tach, and SC in racing yellow ($1,400) = $1,400
5.66%
Standard interior ($0) + belts, tach, and SC in lizard green ($1,400) = $1,400
3.77%
Standard Carrera T interior in lizard green = $2,400
9.43%
Standard Carrera T interior in lizard green ($2,400) + matching tach and SC ($800) = $3,200
16.98%
Leather interior ($4,500) + belts, tach, and SC in racing yellow ($1,400) = $5,900
5.66%
Leather interior ($4,500) + belts, tach, and SC in lizard green ($1,400) = $5,900
5.66%
Leather Carrera T interior in lizard green = $6,900
7.55%
Leather Carrera T interior in lizard green ($6,900) + matching tach and SC ($800) = $7,700
7.55%
Leather interior ($4,500) + belts, tach, SC and stitching in racing yellow ($5,000) = $9,500
20.75%
Leather interior ($4,500) + belts, tach, SC and stitching in lizard green ($5,000) = $9,500
16.98%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Racing Yellow or Lizard Green for interior accents?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2023 | 03:49 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Default Racing Yellow or Lizard Green for interior accents?

I'm submitting my final build tomorrow morning for a black Carrera T. I'm set on all other decisions but interior. Budget is unlimited but I want a stripper that reflects the T ethos. Here are my dilemas:

Primary dilema; Racing Yellow vs Lizard Green
Pro Yellow: Like it.
Con Yellow: Not an option as a Carrera T interior package so must either pay $3,600 for stitching (assuming leather) or skip stitching and just do belts, tach, and SC.
Pro Green: Rare and cool. Can't find a media T with lizard green interior and very few other 992s have it.
Con Green: Can't get a read on the real color and it seems to lean on the fluorescent side (don't like) in pictures.

Standard interior vs Leather interior
Pro: Environment is important and leather makes the cabin.
Con: Is leather consistent with a stripper car?

Standard Interior vs Carrera T interior (stitching, belts, seat inserts, embossed headrests)
Pro: Carrera T interior is priced well as a bundle.
Cons: Not a fan of the Carrera T pinstriped inserts and only available in gray (too bland) and green (too loud?).

Going with yellow means I get the checkered sport tex inserts I like with yellow belts, tach and SC I like. It also means having a more common interior accent color and either spending close to $10k for skipping stitching.
Going with green means having a stand out interior I love on paper but run the risk of not liking it because it's a) too fluorescent and b) the green pinstripe inserts in the T package cheapen the feel of the cabin for me.

Please vote! Help me figure this out.

Old 02-26-2023 | 03:59 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Lizard green interior accents.

Old 02-26-2023 | 03:59 PM
FastBits
Track Day

Sounds to me like you should go yellow interior, you keep saying that you like yellow and you’re not sold on the green. Personally I love the yellow.

As for Standard vs Leather, I don’t think a quality cabin violates the ethos. It would be silly to skip it if you can afford it just because you’re trying to build a stripper. It’s still a basic option, not like you’re going extended leather or fuse box cover.

Edit: If you go yellow, the dials and seatbelts would be enough for a black car in my opinion. No need for stitching unless you really like it.

Last edited by FastBits; 02-26-2023 at 04:12 PM.
Old 02-26-2023 | 04:03 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Carrera T real-world pictures. Hard to find pics with the sport seats and it seems there are no media cars with lizard green interiors.

Old 02-26-2023 | 04:09 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Gratuitous yellow interior accents which we've all seen.

The following 2 users liked this post by Wilder:
Cartod (04-27-2024), Macboy (03-01-2023)
Old 02-26-2023 | 04:18 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FastBits
Sounds to me like you should go yellow interior, you keep saying that you like yellow and you’re not sold on the green. Personally I love the yellow.

As for Standard vs Leather, I don’t think a quality cabin violates the ethos. It would be silly to skip it if you can afford it just because you’re trying to build a stripper. It’s still a basic option, not like you’re going extended leather or fuse box cover.

Edit: If you go yellow, the dials and seatbelts would be enough for a black car in my opinion. No need for stitching unless you really like it.
Thank you. To clarify I like both. I'm not considering red or white. My hesitation with LG is that I've never seen it in real life and the very few pictures I've seen may not represent the color accurately. My concern is that it may look to fluorescent. Besides that concern, I prefer green over yellow.

I don't disagree with you on leather or about skipping stitching if I go yellow. I saw pictures of one interior with yellow belts, tach, SC and without stitching. I hesitate to say it looked better without stitching only because it was a picture.
Old 02-26-2023 | 05:16 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

My vote isnt listed in your poll... I say you go for the leather/deviated stitching option in Racing Yellow with the Yellow Belts, but skip the tach and sport chrono dials so the dashboard and everything has the clean black look with just the pop of the dash stitching, and then the seats and belts in yellow will look awesome. I think the yellow on the dials sometimes doesnt look as good as it should, personally.... but I love yellow stitching and belts...
Even just doing yellow belts and then doing the custom leather floor mats with yellow edging or yellow stitching could be enough to make the interior pop.
The following 2 users liked this post by toph4242:
bobert75 (02-26-2023), Wilder (02-26-2023)
Old 02-26-2023 | 05:49 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by toph4242
My vote isnt listed in your poll... I say you go for the leather/deviated stitching option in Racing Yellow with the Yellow Belts, but skip the tach and sport chrono dials so the dashboard and everything has the clean black look with just the pop of the dash stitching, and then the seats and belts in yellow will look awesome. I think the yellow on the dials sometimes doesnt look as good as it should, personally.... but I love yellow stitching and belts...
Even just doing yellow belts and then doing the custom leather floor mats with yellow edging or yellow stitching could be enough to make the interior pop.
I appreciate that and considered it. It would look similar to this. https://www.elferspot.com/en/car/por...-2021-1750754/

I'm aiming for the reverse of your order (I think) - stealth on the outside but loud on the inside. However, there's a fine line between loud and overbearing. I like the dials because they are within view when driving and the belts just can't be skipped so if I'm going to delete something, it would be stitching. I love deviated stitching but it's expensive and complicated if I go with green since LG is not offered.
The following users liked this post:
toph4242 (02-26-2023)
Old 02-26-2023 | 06:11 PM
SamD
Racer

Consider leaving the SC clock black, as either of these bright colors risks becoming a reflection on the windshield.
Wilder (02-26-2023)
Old 02-26-2023 | 07:25 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by avid
I appreciate that and considered it. It would look similar to this. https://www.elferspot.com/en/car/por...-2021-1750754/

I'm aiming for the reverse of your order (I think) - stealth on the outside but loud on the inside. However, there's a fine line between loud and overbearing. I like the dials because they are within view when driving and the belts just can't be skipped so if I'm going to delete something, it would be stitching. I love deviated stitching but it's expensive and complicated if I go with green since LG is not offered.
Totally makes sense... I love a stealth black car with vibrant interior... I think the belts will be an immediate pop of color the second you open the door, and I do think that if you decide against stitching, the custom floor mats at about $600 are a great way to get custom stitched yellow trim into the cabin at a very reasonable price.
Wilder (02-26-2023)
Old 02-26-2023 | 09:53 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SamD
Consider leaving the SC clock black, as either of these bright colors risks becoming a reflection on the windshield.
Thank you. I have silver dials in my Macan including SC and never noticed it but it might be different in the 911. Noted.

Totally makes sense... I love a stealth black car with vibrant interior... I think the belts will be an immediate pop of color the second you open the door, and I do think that if you decide against stitching, the custom floor mats at about $600 are a great way to get custom stitched yellow trim into the cabin at a very reasonable price.
Agreed. Belts are a must and will keep the mats in mind. Thank you!
Old 02-26-2023 | 11:43 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

It's settled. I found pics of a 992T with Lizard Green interior and I'm sold. I'm getting the leather with Carrera T package. Now the only question is matching tach, matching SC, both or none?

Last edited by Wilder; 02-26-2023 at 11:48 PM.
Chicago-GTS (12-10-2023)
Old 02-26-2023 | 11:48 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

oh man.. i think the way that is setup in those pics is pretty perfect... I say add a fire extinguisher to that build and call it a day... if anything maybe the green sport chrono, but not both in my opinion... and maybe race-tex wheel?
Old 02-27-2023 | 12:13 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

oh man.. i think the way that is setup in those pics is pretty perfect... I say add a fire extinguisher to that build and call it a day... if anything maybe the green sport chrono, but not both in my opinion... and maybe race-tex wheel?
Yeah, super happy I found these pics. Looks fantastic! And it does look great as is but I'm still thinking the dials triangulate with the belts very well and there's something about having that color in plain sight when driving. I have this setup in my Macan and love it. Unfortunately the fire extinguisher is unavailable in Mexico.
toph4242 (02-27-2023)
Old 02-27-2023 | 02:21 AM
FastBits
Track Day

Those LG interior pics look really good, I think it’s a solid choice. It looks like the stitching on the seat centers is even matched, which is really slick.

As for dials, I vote to get the tach in a “loud” color at the very least. For me, the analogue tach on this car is one of my favorite features. It’s the perfect visualization of a driving experience that simply isn’t going to exist much longer as electric vehicles take over the market (T-ethos anyone? )

Plus, analogue appears to be going away for the 992.2 refresh. As such, I’ve ordered the dials in yellow for my GTS (doing ED in July). I know I’m going to smile each time I get behind the wheel and see it. I plan to keep the car for a very long time, and I suspect I’ll only appreciate that bright analogue dial more and more over time as everything else becomes more digital and silent.

Get what’ll make you smile.
Chicago-GTS (12-10-2023)

Quick Reply: Racing Yellow or Lizard Green for interior accents?