Proper FOB placement to ensure permanent link between vehicle and FOB

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2023, 09:27 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,357 Likes on 1,398 Posts
Default Proper FOB placement to ensure permanent link between vehicle and FOB

So anyone who's pulled or tried to pull a VAL knows that occasionally if not more frequently, we experience not the wheel of death but something similar in the sense that whatever PIWIS was doing should have finished eons ago, yet here we sit...

So in a discussion with @rnlst_log about matters critical to the well functioning of the universe, he oriented me to a Porsche Technical Information bulletin 65/21 in this case dealing with Power Steering assist failure. The salient part is on page 4 as the snapshot below shows:

We were wondering whether when we were trying to generate a VAL unsuccessfully so many times, until we did manage to get both a OBD and Service version, if the FOB was placed there. It definitely wasn't and I've no idea whether this is the holy grail answer as to timeouts when trying to generate a VAL. But what I do recommend is to clear all DTCs prior to starting.

If this helps someone please let me know and if of interest I can move it to the DIY. Thanks

siberian

Quick Reply: Proper FOB placement to ensure permanent link between vehicle and FOB