Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reduced Engine Power warning on cold start?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2023, 09:27 PM
Idle Hour
4th Gear

Received 31 Likes on 1 Post
Default Reduced Engine Power warning on cold start?

Sporadically over the past few weeks on cold starts, I get the "reduced engine power" warning message. The alert then switches to an "engine control error" but within a minute or so the error messages disappear. The car runs and drives fine. I took it to my local dealer and they of course were unable to replicate the issue and said to bring it back if it happened again. Anyone else experience an issue like this?
Old 01-22-2023, 10:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 796 Likes on 427 Posts

Originally Posted by Idle Hour
Sporadically over the past few weeks on cold starts, I get the "reduced engine power" warning message. The alert then switches to an "engine control error" but within a minute or so the error messages disappear. The car runs and drives fine. I took it to my local dealer and they of course were unable to replicate the issue and said to bring it back if it happened again. Anyone else experience an issue like this?
No, but do you have the ability to put a volt meter on your battery? Maybe check that. Can cause all kinds of weird issues.
Old 01-23-2023, 12:16 AM
MrNoXiDe
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I'd agree, issues with the battery will cause odd gremlins to appear. Including problems with the BSMS.

Quick Reply: Reduced Engine Power warning on cold start?