Voters: 411. You may not vote on this poll

992 T color choice

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2023, 12:23 PM
Particularberet
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by adm63
As a Gentian T owner, the yellow ones are catching my eyes the most when I look at pictures of other Ts. Of course like you I have not seen it in person ever so hard to know for sure. I think shark also looks nice but if you can pull it off I think you could also pull off ruby.
Shark I could pull off I believe. Ruby.. no. I'm a normal guy, neither gay, nor a drug dealer, nor excessively good looking, nor old with white hair not caring anymore what people think - yet.

I used to have a Guards Red 718 and a Carmine Macan, so I'm rather a red person, not a yellow guy. If the accents were all black like with a GTS, I would chose Guards Red without much hesitation. The Agathe I would likely want to repaint black or red, but then it's not a Carrera T anymore but a brokie GTS.
Old 09-15-2023, 12:34 PM
73-914
Intermediate

Received 39 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Particularberet
Shark I could pull off I believe. Ruby.. no. I'm a normal guy, neither gay, nor a drug dealer, nor excessively good looking, nor old with white hair not caring anymore what people think - yet.

I used to have a Guards Red 718 and a Carmine Macan, so I'm rather a red person, not a yellow guy. If the accents were all black like with a GTS, I would chose Guards Red without much hesitation. The Agathe I would likely want to repaint black or red, but then it's not a Carrera T anymore but a brokie GTS.

I agree Python is great on the T. I have a 23 with aero kit in gloss black and love the combo.

FWIW I had a 718 Boxster T in guards and really liked it. I’m not really a red guy either. My 718 had all the factory decals and to my eyes it looked great. If I were ordering a 24 Guards would be in the running.

If you haven’t seen Gentian in person try and find one to see in different lighting conditions. It’s a VERY under rated color and I think it would look great on a T. Guards would be in the running but I think Gentian would win it’s a great color.
The following users liked this post:
Particularberet (09-15-2023)
Old 09-15-2023, 12:37 PM
Particularberet
Intermediate

Gentian I've seen in person, it's chosen on Taycans and such quite frequently. Not as frequently as blackwhitegrey of course.

I like it and it's a nice colour. It's also subtle and muted though. I would never put it on a GT car and, by extension, hesitate to put it on a T.
Old 09-15-2023, 01:57 PM
Particularberet
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Dokc26
Shark blue, one of the best to fit.
And then getting rid of the decals? Black accents would probably look better than titan wheels and agathe mirrors..
Old 09-15-2023, 02:26 PM
6sigma
Rennlist Member

Received 486 Likes on 195 Posts

So until Monday I need to decide on my build. Everything is pretty clear - except the color. It's a non-PTS-slot.

Since people only choose shades of grey around here, I haven't seen all colours in person. Here are my opinions though:

All shades of grey: nice and boring, extremely common.
Guards red: doesn't fit the the Agathe grey metallic in my opinion.
Yellow: really not my colour except I had a 993 Carrera RS. That old yellow also is nicer I believe, softer - however I've never seen the new one in person.
Gentian and Carmine: too muted for a T and Carmine is expensive besides.
Ruby: can't pull it off. Maybe I can in 20 years but not yet. Expensive.
Shark: also not an ideal match to the Agathe metallic but a bit better. It's not dark, it's not light.. not sure if I liked it in a couple of years still. Expensive.

Python would have been just perfect. So. I've ordered a Carrera T but don't really like any of the colours currently available. I'm not a big fan of wrapping, especially not on a T with it's own decals and that would cost me around 5k here anyway, so no.

What to do now? First world problems, I know.
I hear you on the color choices. I'm not absolutely in love with any of them and that's a shame given the awesome color menu and history from Porsche. I am waffling between white with the green T interior trim, or yellow with base black interior and yellow belts. Guards red is in 3rd place. White is super plain and boring but I wonder if the green T interior trim would add enough color to make it feel a little different.

Racing yellow is unique and uncommon. I had a 991.2 T in racing yellow and liked it. The 991.2T had a yellow T interior trim that helped it blend together. It is not my favorite yellow though, would prefer something a bit darker like signal yellow. And it is certainly not low profile. I think it looks good with the agate grey trim and generally I like Skittles colors on Porsches. It is worth a look in person if you think it is a possibility.
Old 09-15-2023, 02:31 PM
Devon Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 257 Posts

So until Monday I need to decide on my build. Everything is pretty clear - except the color. It's a non-PTS-slot.

Since people only choose shades of grey around here, I haven't seen all colours in person. Here are my opinions though:

Yellow: really not my colour except I had a 993 Carrera RS. That old yellow also is nicer I believe, softer - however I've never seen the new one in person.
Shark: also not an ideal match to the Agathe metallic but a bit better. It's not dark, it's not light.. not sure if I liked it in a couple of years still. Expensive.

Python would have been just perfect. So. I've ordered a Carrera T but don't really like any of the colours currently available. I'm not a big fan of wrapping, especially not on a T with it's own decals and that would cost me around 5k here anyway, so no.

The Agate grey mirrors wheels go so well with Ice Grey Metallic.
You need to see it on a car photos don't do it justice, Has a lovely blueish hue in certain lights.
IMP I would go for it boing or not?
Old 09-15-2023, 02:33 PM
Particularberet
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 6sigma
I hear you on the color choices. I'm not absolutely in love with any of them and that's a shame given the awesome color menu and history from Porsche. I am waffling between white with the green T interior trim, or yellow with base black interior and yellow belts. Guards red is in 3rd place. White is super plain and boring but I wonder if the green T interior trim would add enough color to make it feel a little different.

Racing yellow is unique and uncommon. I had a 991.2 T in racing yellow and liked it. The 991.2T had a yellow T interior trim that helped it blend together. It is not my favorite yellow though, would prefer something a bit darker like signal yellow. And it is certainly not low profile. I think it looks good with the agate grey trim and generally I like Skittles colors on Porsches. It is worth a look in person if you think it is a possibility.
Nice - we share a taste in colours and cars then. Signal yellow would be much nicer, yes. Also love the skittles colours.

So making it white with lizard interior would just be a work around, nothing more. Then you could also go GT-Silver, which is the perfect match for the agathe accents, or chalk. I don't think that's good enough..not sure though. Maybe it is.

Pretty sure, by the way, the Carrera T was meant to be lizard inside AND outside. During COVID, they ran into colour supply chain issues though, thus changed it to Python short notice.

Last edited by Particularberet; 09-15-2023 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Addition
Old 09-15-2023, 02:35 PM
Particularberet
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Devon Racer
You need to see it on a car photos don't do it justice, Has a lovely blueish hue in certain lights.
Yes, IGM is nice, seen it in person on a Taycan. Despite the blueish hue still another grey though..
Old 09-15-2023, 06:34 PM
Devon Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by Pivot
It's remarkable how enthusiastic is the US market about the Carrera T with M/T.

I see some of my fellow enthusiasts in the UK ordering PDK with other options, just like it was an additional allocation of the base model... or maybe it is... time will tell.
@ pivot They are making a big mistake the T's ethos is wholly around the manual because it creates such an engaging drive,
My only reason for my interest in the car was Andrew Frankel's road test in the November 2022 issue of Motor Sport.
I have driven a manual in the last couple of weeks at the Silverstone experience and it is a great car in it's own right so I sincerely hope UK buyers don't just end up seeing it as an little upgrade on the base model on the bases it seems easier to obtain a T then base Carrera or S allocation?
From your posts I think you are in my camp as a serious driver,
I am indebted to the Yanks without whom no manual M cars would exist for UK drivers.
Without the US market no manual cars would continue to exist so I take my hats to al of those over the pond, we owe them a huge debt, here in Europe.
Best Devon Racer,
rasetsu (09-15-2023)
Old 09-15-2023, 07:15 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,007 Likes on 1,776 Posts

From everything you've written, it seems like yellow is your best bet. However, you are correct: Speed is nicer than Racing. Racing with racing yellow interior accents (belts, stitching, dials) looks amazing.
Old 09-16-2023, 07:27 AM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

Received 778 Likes on 288 Posts

💯

Fredericksburg, Tx

Boxstoberfest 2023

Fredericksburg, Tx

Last edited by Patriot; 09-16-2023 at 07:33 AM.
adm63 (09-17-2023)
Old 09-16-2023, 08:41 AM
RatherJaded
Rennlist Member

Received 1,584 Likes on 896 Posts

The above is pretty much how I feel. Initially I was spec’ed with Shark Blue when I received my allocation and a few days later we put in a PTS request which was eventually denied so I went back to Shark Blue and I have recently been waffling on changing to Ice Grey. My local dealer received a customer ordered Ice Grey earlier this week and I saw it yesterday morning just prior to it being delivered. At the moment I am still spec’ed with Shark. If Python Green was still offered there is zero doubt that it would be the color I would select and not repeatedly question. I do suspect Shark Blue will be discontinued once the 992.2 arrives and my SA recently agreed.

Last edited by RatherJaded; 09-16-2023 at 08:57 AM.
Particularberet (09-16-2023)
Old 09-16-2023, 08:52 AM
RatherJaded
Rennlist Member

Having seen a IMP T in person yesterday I liked the color up-close, but from afar it is appears bland and blends in quickly with everything else on the road which is great if one wants to be under the radar.

Last edited by RatherJaded; 09-16-2023 at 08:58 AM.
Old 09-16-2023, 12:15 PM
HOTCHKIS
Racer

Received 159 Likes on 83 Posts

PTS Iris blue

Old 09-16-2023, 12:22 PM
RatherJaded
Rennlist Member

992 PTS is sold out for model year 2024 per PCNA.

Quick Reply: 992 T color choice