Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cracked Windshield - Free FL Replacement - Carfax?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2022, 04:14 PM
threatZERO
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Question Cracked Windshield - Free FL Replacement - Carfax?

Hi All,
So a semi-truck spat up some rocks, which chipped my windshield and then turned into a full-blown hairline crack about 9 inches. I know the State of Florida will replace the windshield for free, and insurance cannot charge a deductible but will this appear on CarFax?

McLaren forum says it should not appear on carfax, even as a line item. Wondering what any of you have experienced?

Porsche of Melbourne is pretty cool, they also do onsite tinting so maybe they can replace the windshield and tint it for me, will ask them.

Thoughts?
Old 12-11-2022, 04:50 PM
balucipher
Pro

Received 643 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by threatZERO
Hi All,
So a semi-truck spat up some rocks, which chipped my windshield and then turned into a full-blown hairline crack about 9 inches. I know the State of Florida will replace the windshield for free, and insurance cannot charge a deductible but will this appear on CarFax?

McLaren forum says it should not appear on carfax, even as a line item. Wondering what any of you have experienced?

Porsche of Melbourne is pretty cool, they also do onsite tinting so maybe they can replace the windshield and tint it for me, will ask them.

Thoughts?
Won't show up on Carfax, at least not in my experience. Also won't raise your rates if it's once. If you're regularly breaking windshields and claiming them, it might
Old 12-11-2022, 04:55 PM
jack_carls0n
Racer

Received 108 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by threatZERO
Hi All,

Thoughts?
could you enlighten me with "State of Florida will replace it for free"? I am in FL and not familiar with any rules like this. If you dont mind. Thanks
Old 12-11-2022, 04:58 PM
BondJ
Pro

Received 341 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by jack_carls0n
could you enlighten me with "State of Florida will replace it for free"? I am in FL and not familiar with any rules like this. If you dont mind. Thanks
https://www.bottarianddoyle.com/flor...dshield-repair
Old 12-11-2022, 04:59 PM
balucipher
Pro

Received 643 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by jack_carls0n
Florida requires $0 windshield deductibles with comprehensive coverage. The state isn't replacing it, your insurance company just isn't charging you a deductible to replace it if you file a claim.
The following users liked this post:
Master Deep (12-12-2022)
Old 12-12-2022, 10:06 AM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,651 Likes on 780 Posts

I do not think that they report it to Carfax. Even if they do, I don't think that it would affect the value of resale.
Old 12-12-2022, 11:05 AM
PHX
Burning Brakes

Received 673 Likes on 437 Posts

When I lived in Phoenix, AZ, the king of rock chipped and shattered windshields, I had several (and I do mean several) replaced and repaired over the 35 years I lived there without one Carfax notation of it.

We got one here in FL on our BMW and had it replaced and as far as I know there isn't a ping on Carfax.
Old 12-12-2022, 11:15 AM
wmah523
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 33 Posts

I can speak for CA, carfax would not show. 3k dealer job though.

Quick Reply: Cracked Windshield - Free FL Replacement - Carfax?