Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New wheels and drop

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2022 | 01:31 AM
reddsektor
Pro

Originally Posted by Smirnoff67
I click on just about every thread and there are many with opposing viewpoints, although admittedly on this one I didn't know what it meant until I read it. If people are too much of a snowflake to accept opposing opinions they shouldn't post things. I also suggest reading my first post. All I said was I didn't understand why someone would alter a $200K car designed and built by people with much more knowledge and abilty than we have; and concluded with that nevertheless if the OP was happy, that's all that really matters. Then I get an arrogant reply stating that $200K isn't a lot of money--lol. And I find that to be the kind of extremely arrogant thing a country club spoiled brat would say because I grew up on the streets of Detroit, been on my own since 17, uneducated, and worked like a dog for almost 40 years; but I've been blessed and made it...thanks be to our Lord. I always put my children first and ensured their security and wellbeing long before ever spending a nickel on myself. And if one of my kids ever made a smug comment like $200K for a car isn't a lot of money, they'd feel the back of my hand. As a matter of fact my youngest daughter this very evening asked me what the new 911 is costing and almost dropped her phone when I told her. That's the kind of response one should expect at hearing how much these cars cost. Obviously I live beneath my means and raised my kids to appreciate money and respect how good they live compared to most.

I'm a car enthusiast as much as the next guy, so why do you think I'm not? Because I wouldn't modify such an expensive car? Because I find it incredibly offensive when someone who drives a premium car thinks he/she is better than everyone else and scoffs at the notion of spending more money cars than Mr. and Mrs. John Q. Public spends on their homes, mine included? That's downright nauseating. I said I'm old because I am old and not in the best health. So what? And I don't count on others or car forums to make me happy. Happiness is a state of mind? Give me a break. You don't have a clue what my life has been like so how can you possibly make that statement. Man whatever.
“It’s not that high dollar” was probably meant relatively speaking to other cars like lambos, mclarens, turbos etc and the “lol” in end of that context usually keeps the convo friendly, but only some sensitive “snowflake” like you would take it as smug, get offended, and take it the wrong way. And then have the nerve to take it further out of hand by telling someone they don’t know where they come from, get perspective and label them spoiled? Being older and working hard entitles you to make assumptions and accusations like that? You can’t say all that and then say “you do you whatever makes you happy is all that matters” and act like you didn’t just slander.

Btw even those higher end supercars (which a 911 carrera isn’t) ARE modded by many folks. So why would/should a subdued car like a 911 be any less prone to be modded? And a 911 carrera isn’t a “$200k” car, so let’s get all these relative facts right first.

Last edited by reddsektor; 12-03-2022 at 01:49 AM.
Old 12-03-2022 | 01:38 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mksz51
It would look even "sicker" if you'd put that rear spoiler DOWN.
And with clear LED side markers.
Old 12-03-2022 | 03:07 AM
Smirnoff67
Pro

Originally Posted by reddsektor
“It’s not that high dollar” was probably meant relatively speaking to other cars like lambos, mclarens, turbos etc and the “lol” in end of that context usually keeps the convo friendly, but only some sensitive “snowflake” like you would take it as smug, get offended, and take it the wrong way. And then have the nerve to take it further out of hand by telling someone they don’t know where they come from, get perspective and label them spoiled? Being older and working hard entitles you to make assumptions and accusations like that? You can’t say all that and then say “you do you whatever makes you happy is all that matters” and act like you didn’t just slander.

Btw even those higher end supercars (which a 911 carrera isn’t) ARE modded by many folks. So why would/should a subdued car like a 911 be any less prone to be modded? And a 911 carrera isn’t a “$200k” car, so let’s get all these relative facts right first.
So because I didn't interpret that comment the way you did, I'm wrong and you're right? In what world is $200K for an effing car ​​not a lot of money regardless of how it was said? Wow. And I assure you the last thing in the world I am is a snowflake. As far as "labeling" someone as you said, who else besides a spoiled brat, or someone who's broken their butt working a lifetime and somehow forgotten that, would make a crack like that? Please tell me. Slander? Seriously? That's not slander, that's called truth. And most-not all-people I've encountered with "higher end" cars definitely have an attitude like they're something special, but I've yet to see a supercar that's been modified. And yes, I know a Porsche isn't considered a supercar, but once again, a $200K car is nothing to be sneezed at. And I say $200K because my incoming GTS cost $210K. Sent the wire this past Monday and I don't really care what a Carrera costs. What I do care about is someone acting like "what's the big deal? It's only a $200K car. Why not modify it? As if its pocket change when to everyday people thats a fortune. It's sickeningly arrogant.

One time on our way to the gun range with an arsenal in my Chevy, my son and I stopped at a gas station for a coffee and what's in the parking lot? A group of people on their way to some kind of car event. Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, McLaren, Porsche, Mercedes, Jaguar, you name it. So I go all dewey-eyed and went over to kibbutz with them and talk cars. One guy wearing a pink Polo shirt and docksiders even had his collar turned up, but whatever. The women were nice enough, but the men looked and my son and I like we were scum of the earth and all but one would even talk to us. Literally. I got so pissed I could feel horns sprouting on my head and if it wasn't for my 6' 4" 210-lb son dragging me away they'd all probably still be laying in that parking lot. So yeah, I've got a big problem with arrogant snobs. But lesson learned. From now on I'll keep my non-overly soft and friendly comments to myself because heaven forbid I slander someone like you or anyone else. My goodness we can't have that can we.

P.s. you want to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars+ on a car collection and then have them ripped apart and modified with tunes, suspension parts, exhaust systems, and stereos all done by what I'm sure are more than qualified people, knock yourself out. Heck, I encourage you to do it. What could go wrong? And if anything does go wrong, no big deal right, just throw more money at whatever goes wrong (it's only money for goodness sake) and easy peasy abra cadabra fixed. Simple.
The following users liked this post:
SBAD (12-03-2022)
Old 12-03-2022 | 08:50 AM
PHX
Burning Brakes

Well this thread degraded quickly...only on RL can you find lowering a 911 with new wheels become so polarizing and get into minute details about the wildest stories!
The following 2 users liked this post by PHX:
johny221 (12-03-2022), por356 (12-03-2022)
Old 12-03-2022 | 10:42 AM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by tourenwagen
Is that 21/22"? Looks amazing.
Yeap, we did 21"x9.5" and 22"x12.5" respectively.

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique
Largest Dealer In The World for HRE Wheels, ANRKY Wheels, Vorsteiner Wheels & Aero, Akrapovic Exhaust, & iPE Exhaust
BBS, Forgeline, & TechArt Premium Dealer
Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory and tons more...
Old 12-03-2022 | 11:24 AM
Laszlo_Laz
Pro

Originally Posted by WheelsB
Yeap, we did 21"x9.5" and 22"x12.5" respectively.
It almost looked like same rim size front and rear, I like that. Because most factory 21s in the front leave so much gap vs the 22s in the rear. Maybe the drop helps reduce that, but that’s one thing I really don’t love about the stock 992, and you solved that with this combination. Great looking 911.
WheelsB (12-03-2022)
Old 12-03-2022 | 05:58 PM
ash_schwin
Rennlist Member

Opened this thread to look at pics of the new wheels and drop. 2 minutes into reading this thread:

johny221 (12-03-2022)

Quick Reply: New wheels and drop