Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dear 911 owners, input/feedback on my build welcome!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2022, 01:12 PM
MontBlanc911
Pro

Received 318 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by 992gts
I installed a rotisserie and a 2 hour drive and the chicken is perfect!

I hear this is unique to 992s and possibly other vehicles would be better that have lower ADM, short waits and no interior color customization! Would remove lots of stress from his life! But on a serious side why would you not have your spec complete - if you got a build come up they locked tomorrow you should be ready to move on it.
i have a long time waiting, its just that i wanted some feedback on my config.
Old 11-15-2022, 02:40 AM
rouxeny
Pro

Received 398 Likes on 196 Posts

I do not think the ventilated seats are an absolute necessity. I found that in the first week of ownership, I used them frequently although I would not describe the car as an oven. Since then, I’ve gotten the car tinted. Nothing particularly dark, I can still see easily at night, and it’s what’s legal in Hawaii. I also did clear tint on the windshield to help block UV. Now, like my prior car which was similarly tinted, I actually find I am using the seat heaters instead. Mind you, my car is parked outside all day in the tropical sun. The tint really helps.

I would feel comfortable skipping seat ventilation on the next car.

The following users liked this post:
MontBlanc911 (11-15-2022)
Old 11-15-2022, 03:09 AM
Bread Pitt
Advanced

Received 73 Likes on 29 Posts

Can't go wrong with Silver GT on a GTS, but I might be slightly biased

I personally love the vented seats on mine and so does my wife. The center lock is one of the unique features of the GTS in my opinion, it might not be the most practical wheel, but if you're after something practical, maybe you shouldn't look at a 911

Old 11-15-2022, 07:34 AM
MontBlanc911
Pro

Originally Posted by Bread Pitt
Can't go wrong with Silver
agree! I love rouxeny's idea of windshield clear tint to block off uv. I am gonna do the same. anyway thanks!!

Last edited by MontBlanc911; 11-15-2022 at 07:49 AM.
Old 11-15-2022, 07:46 AM
MontBlanc911
Pro

Porsche Code PP6GUUF9
after all the generous feedback, i opted for the exclusive manfactur interior graphite blue with rivera blue seats, red tach and chrono and seatbelts..
Just two tone colors..this pkg comes with 930 design so looks good too with the vents for my hot butt.

i have one question though..
I am a biker and would like to have my roof set up for that so I added the roof prep($60) but what else do I need to select? I will just be carrying one bike on the roof and preferable with no wheels detached but if there is no option for that i will detach my front wheel.

when I choose< roof transport system>, do I choose quantity 1? Does this 1 containn2 roof bars?

when I choose <Racing bike carrier with front wheel holder> , do I choose quantity 1 for 1 bike and 2 for 2bikes? (if I take my kids bike too)

thanks in advance..this forum is great to learn from porsche owners!
Old 11-15-2022, 07:57 AM
txpackers
Racer

Received 310 Likes on 139 Posts

You asked for opinions, so don’t be offended when people tell you that interior looks hideous. Not quite as bad as your first choice. Great thing about Porsche is you can truly customize it to your liking so go for it if it’s what you want.
Old 11-15-2022, 08:30 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,504 Likes on 2,826 Posts

Personal taste aside, why not go with one shade of blue for leather?

Problem is when you have two similar but different shades of bright blue - it looks like a mistake.
rouxeny (11-15-2022)
Old 11-15-2022, 08:54 AM
MontBlanc911
Pro

Originally Posted by txpackers
You asked for opinions, so don’t be offended when people tell you that interior looks hideous. Not quite as bad as your first choice. Great thing about Porsche is you can truly customize it to your liking so go for it if it’s what you want.
yes customization king, but comes with a price!
Old 11-15-2022, 10:08 AM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Received 1,516 Likes on 744 Posts

Originally Posted by MontBlanc911
Porsche Code PP6GUUF9
after all the generous feedback, i opted for the exclusive manfactur interior graphite blue with rivera blue seats, red tach and chrono and seatbelts..
Just two tone colors..this pkg comes with 930 design so looks good too with the vents for my hot butt.

I am a biker and would like to have my roof set up for that so I added the roof prep($60) but what else do I need to select? I will just be carrying one bike on the roof and preferable with no wheels detached but if there is no option for that i will detach my front wheel.

when I choose< roof transport system>, do I choose quantity 1? Does this 1 containn2 roof bars?

when I choose <Racing bike carrier with front wheel holder> , do I choose quantity 1 for 1 bike and 2 for 2bikes? (if I take my kids bike too)

Man, I don't know,...you sure you are not just messing with us? I would vote a strong no to 2 different blues...and I would not even mix blue and red....two primary colors that clash in my mind. Looks interesting initially but after looking at it for a while strains your eye and gives me headaches.
Old 11-15-2022, 11:26 AM
MontBlanc911
Pro

Originally Posted by Tobeit
Man, I don't know,...you sure you are not just messing with us? I would vote a strong no to 2 different blues...and I would not even mix blue and red....two primary colors that clash in my mind. Looks interesting initially but after looking at it for a while strains your eye and gives me headaches.
def not messing~
Old 11-15-2022, 11:39 AM
ZGstar
Advanced

Received 70 Likes on 30 Posts

Unless you've actually seen the Riviera Blue interior in person, there's a chance that the Graphite Blue and the Riviera Blue have opposite undertones (cool vs. warm) which would make the two blues clash badly. Every color (yes, even blue) has either a cool (blue) or warm (yellow) undertone. Matching undertones is more important than matching the empirical colors, IMO. Cheers.
Old 11-15-2022, 11:41 AM
MontBlanc911
Pro

Originally Posted by ZGstar
Unless you've actually seen the Riviera Blue interior in person, there's a chance that the Graphite Blue and the Riviera Blue have opposite undertones (cool vs. warm) which would make the two blues clash badly. Every color (yes, even blue) has either a cool (blue) or warm (yellow) undertone. Matching undertones is more important than matching the empirical colors, IMO. Cheers.
thats a good point. Maybe i would switch to the black+blue.
Old 11-15-2022, 11:54 AM
minn19
Rennlist Member

Received 637 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by MontBlanc911
Porsche Code PP6GUUF9

I like the Riviera Blue seats but as someone lose mentioned, maybe have the other color black or even slate gray. But, it’s your car!
Old 11-16-2022, 09:43 PM
Mmade992
Racer

Received 269 Likes on 129 Posts

This thread is getting very interesting.....
Old 11-16-2022, 10:05 PM
Vicbastige
Burning Brakes

Received 803 Likes on 381 Posts

Wayyyy too much blue for me to look at. deviated centers would be the way to go if you really want that color...and with the black interior over GB. In the end though, it needs to speak to you, not us keyboard warriors.

Quick Reply: Dear 911 owners, input/feedback on my build welcome!