Sponsored by:

First 911 build: seeking advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2022, 09:10 PM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,917 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by Chief F1 Fan
It's FREE with 7 speed-get it on your build, buy an Akrapovic exhaust for lots of coin and then spend ~4K for coilovers to get arguably the same performance/look? Even without the Akrapovic, you're still spending too much $ IMO for suspension on a street focused 911. I'd be willing to bet the engineers at Porsche know a lot more about setting up their cars with suspension than Bilstein who while very reputable, don't build cars.
PSE and SPASM are not free w/ 7 speed. The only free thing is sport chrono. You have to choose 7 speed w/ sport pkg which costs an additional $3390 over the regular 7 speed manual option.

Trust me. I would have loved to enjoy the PSE exhaust. It just sucks. Don't know if I have high expectations or am just deaf from driving loud cars. I'm not getting an aftermarket exhaust. The M-Engineering tuning to force exhaust valves open 100% of the time works fine for me so I save money there.

As for the Bilstein EVO coilovers, that's the best part... the stock Porsche 992 suspenions is actually designed by Bilstein so their EVO coilovers are a complete plug and play and are 100% compatible w/ Porsche's PASM PDCC and eveyrthing else. The parts look almost exactly like the stock suspension pieces because they are all made by Bilstein. It works exceptionally well and has improved both handling and ride quality on my car. The stock SPASM is just not low enough for me so the Bilstein EVO coilovers were perfect. I get a car lowered as much as I want AND I get OEM Porsche engineered quality and full integration w/ all Porsche systems.

I'm not saying everyone should do as I say. Just explaining why I'd personally skip the sport package and why I understand others may as well. The OP may simply not want SPASM and PSE.

Also, FWIW, Bilstein makes a ton of OEM suspensions on very high end cars including all 992 porsches, the Bugatti Veyron, Nissan GTR and probably many others.

Last edited by AlterZgo; 11-11-2022 at 09:15 PM.
The following users liked this post:
joydrive (11-12-2022)
Old 11-11-2022, 09:33 PM
Motorin Mark
Racer

Received 408 Likes on 201 Posts

[QUOTE=AlterZgo;18459375]PSE and SPASM are not free w/ 7 speed. The only free thing is sport chrono. You have to choose 7 speed w/ sport pkg which costs an additional $3390 over the regular 7 speed manual option.

I'm not saying everyone should do as I say. Just explaining why I'd personally skip the sport package and why I understand others may as well. The OP may simply not want SPASM and PSE.

This was my choice, I did not want SPASM and I did not feel the PSE was worth the money on my new 992 and I just prefer the look of quad stock tips. 7 speed with sport chrono is enough for me. Believe me I spent the $3400 on other non-necessities.

Old 11-12-2022, 08:32 AM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,344 Likes on 857 Posts

+1 one extended range fuel tank if a C2. No brainer at $230.

Quick Reply: First 911 build: seeking advice