Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disadvantage ordering out of state?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2023, 03:03 PM
P992
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm just bumping up this post to see if anyone has recently found a dealer willing to sell out of state.

I have heard from dealers in SF, LV, and Utah that the answer is no. Meanwhile, I seem to struggling to get the attention of a local dealer (which never calls back...it's like pulling teeth).
Old 02-10-2023, 05:52 PM
meyecul
Pro

Received 379 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by P992
I'm just bumping up this post to see if anyone has recently found a dealer willing to sell out of state.

I have heard from dealers in SF, LV, and Utah that the answer is no. Meanwhile, I seem to struggling to get the attention of a local dealer (which never calls back...it's like pulling teeth).
Don't call your local dealer, go walk in, find an SA or sales manager that wants to do a deal, telling them you are here in the flesh and ready right now. If you have already tried that, then I would be persistent and go back in again, find a different SA / mgr thats more hungry. If that still fails and you do not have a relationship with an SA local (and I assume you do not if not getting calls back), one thing you can do to start a relationship remotely is find an local SA that posts on social media like Instagram, follow them, start liking their posts and then send him / her a direct message complimenting their feed and get a conversation going. This is how I met my SA (and I was not even looking to buy a car, I literally just liked his instagram page), its been over 4 years now, 3 cars and we have become friends.
Old 02-14-2023, 03:32 PM
malba2366
Three Wheelin'

Received 753 Likes on 426 Posts

Originally Posted by P992

A lot of dealers will not sell out of market, unless they can't move the cars locally - which is not existent in the current market for the 911. Porsche's formula for future allocations reallocates some or all of the credit for out of market sales to the dealers in the customers' local market. Try the next closest dealer to your location, they may be local to you as far as Porsche is concerned.
Old 02-14-2023, 03:41 PM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 4,192 Likes on 1,479 Posts

Welcome to Porsche. Covid changed the rules, if you want brand new for a 2024 model year - you almost certainly be buying local.

Quick Reply: Disadvantage ordering out of state?