Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

White stripe on tach not Subsecond Clock

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2022, 01:20 PM
Panayos
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

I also opted for the white tach but not the sport chrono just because I didn't like the looks of the painted sport chrono.
I think it looks great and it's also very easily readable.
Old 09-10-2022, 11:48 AM
Richard_Wallace
Rennlist Member

Received 1,673 Likes on 749 Posts

One thing to consider - My 991.2 GT3T has a colored tach and chrono... My 992 Targa has both in black - I did this due to: You will get a decent amount of window reflection on the chrono clock in the windshield. It can be somewhat distracting.

I think you are fine with just the tach and not the chrono - specifically if you are going with the sub-second upgraded version. I think it is a nice subtle touch on the tach, you can easily leave the chrono black and it will look fine.
The following users liked this post:
Staffie Guy (09-10-2022)
Old 09-10-2022, 02:20 PM
MassMPG
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GTS524

here's mine with the Porsche design clock. The white tach goes well with the white numerals on the clock which also illuminate in white at night.
I really like the look of thatPorsche design clock Instead of standard Chrono. I wish I had checked that box. Has anybody looked into a retrofit, whether it can be done? And if so how much the clock would cost?
dixonk (09-10-2022)
Old 09-10-2022, 03:17 PM
Triathlonkid
Racer

Received 162 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Panayos
I also opted for the white tach but not the sport chrono just because I didn't like the looks of the painted sport chrono.
I think it looks great and it's also very easily readable.
I went through the same dilemma as you. I am now leaning towards getting regular clock and making both tach and chrono same color. I do think it looks weird to have them unbalanced. Also saves $1100 bucks to cut the clock so I went with it. The default chrono clock looks sporty. I saw both clocks in real life so if you haven't you should youtube or google. The design clock seems nice a as a concept, which I was intrigued by but may not be as good to you once you see it in real life.
Yojeffo (09-10-2022)
Old 09-10-2022, 04:19 PM
dixonk
Rennlist Member

Received 1,631 Likes on 726 Posts

Originally Posted by MassMPG
I really like the look of thatPorsche design clock Instead of standard Chrono. I wish I had checked that box. Has anybody looked into a retrofit, whether it can be done? And if so how much the clock would cost?
I would be interested in a retrofit as well. I prefer analog over the standard little digital display. The small digital is almost always useless with polarized sunglasses on anyway.
MassMPG (09-11-2022)
Old 09-10-2022, 04:25 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Received 1,462 Likes on 728 Posts

Originally Posted by Triathlonkid
I went through the same dilemma as you. I am now leaning towards getting regular clock and making both tach and chrono same color. I do think it looks weird to have them unbalanced. Also saves $1100 bucks to cut the clock so I went with it. The default chrono clock looks sporty. I saw both clocks in real life so if you haven't you should youtube or google. The design clock seems nice a as a concept, which I was intrigued by but may not be as good to you once you see it in real life.
Since I updated the color on my chrono and center tach the chrono in particular is much more pleasing and noticeable. The subsecond would be nice but not nice enough if it can not be upgrade to match the color, in my opinion. One thing I recognized...i barely could see the small digital clock in the standard chrono...turns out the brightness for just the chrono is a separate setting from the rest of the instrument panel brightness. It was on a very dim setting. Since I adjusted it ...it its much better visible now.
Old 09-10-2022, 09:34 PM
Yojeffo
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Triathlonkid
Agree!

Are You Kiddin' Me?
Old 09-11-2022, 07:37 PM
Denny Swift
Rennlist Member

Received 1,570 Likes on 663 Posts

People keep saying unbalanced.

The tach and the chrono are the only two gauges where you can specify the color. The other gauges as well as the center screen do not get a colored outline. If you get a colored (not white or chalk) ring only on the tach, the standard chrono matches all the other gauges/screens. To me, a colored ring on the chrono looks out of place, because the main screen below it matches a standard chrono or subsecond clock perfectly.

Just look at photos and order what you want. If you can’t decide, flip a coin.
Old 09-11-2022, 08:54 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Received 1,462 Likes on 728 Posts

Originally Posted by Denny Swift
People keep saying unbalanced.

The tach and the chrono are the only two gauges where you can specify the color. The other gauges as well as the center screen do not get a colored outline. If you get a colored (not white or chalk) ring only on the tach, the standard chrono matches all the other gauges/screens. To me, a colored ring on the chrono looks out of place, because the main screen below it matches a standard chrono or subsecond clock perfectly.

Just look at photos and order what you want. If you can’t decide, flip a coin.
Only the chrono and center tach are actual round, analog displays. Everything else are digital screens that could be any shape... this point really makes little sense.

Quick Reply: White stripe on tach not Subsecond Clock