992 color options - please help

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2022, 11:39 PM
john30
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 992 color options - please help

Hello everyone.

I have finally decided to go for the base 992 which the dealer offered to me for finalizing build in the next few days to receive the car in Q1 of 2023.

I needed a bit of urgent help or opinions regarding the color choice for the car. For a while now I have been set on Chalk exterior, Black and Bordeaux interior. However, yesterday another color caught my eyes which is the Icy Grey Metallic. Has anyone seen this color in person? How does it look? In the sun and at night? I'm assuming it's too new to be on a 992 yet(?) but is it on other models? Would it be almost same or similar to the previous silver that was available (Dolomite silver)? In your opinions which color interior would look best with the Ice Grey Metallic exterior? And lastly, do you think Chalk is still the nicer color between the two and that I should keep the same choice?

Very sorry for the many questions, there is just no way for me to see the actual colors for any of these because none of them are available at the showroom. So I can only go on your opinions and photos on the websites.

Thank you very much.

PS. Another color combination that I like as well is the Carmine Red exterior with Black and Beige interior. But not sure how it will work for a base 992?

Last edited by john30; 08-05-2022 at 01:44 AM.
Old 08-05-2022, 04:57 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

I have it on my wife's taycan

It doesn't photo well but in person is stunning
Old 08-05-2022, 09:04 AM
Iroquoisfrm
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 12 Posts

I am also pondering weather to change my current 4GTS build from GR to either chalk, IGM or arctic grey. I have seen chalk in person and it is very grey in low light but almost white in the sun. I feel metallic colors show the lines of the 911 better but very few to choose from. IGM is very close to dolomite silver that was dropped according to my sa. Has a lot more blue hues than gt silver which has more brown hues. I really am disappointed with the color selections that are offered. I want to do PTS but my sa always tells me to expect at least an additional 6 months wait time. Already a long wait. I’ve been rolled to a 23’ model and my lock isn’t until 11/7 so will stop at the dealer and look at the color samples before i decide. Will driving thru Atlanta next week and would love to stop at PEC(if wife will allow) to see the colors on actual cars. I’ll take pictures if this pans out. Best.
Old 08-05-2022, 01:18 PM
john30
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you for the replies so far. In terms of interior color, which do you think would be best suited for the Ice Grey Metallic? I like the Black and Bordeaux for Chalk exterior but unsure of it for the Ice Grey. Perhaps all black would be better?
Old 08-05-2022, 03:05 PM
Iroquoisfrm
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 12 Posts

I like IGM as well and have put black/Bordeaux in the configuration and like how it’s looks. A few people here have mentioned that the interior is pretty dark even with sunroofs so I have played around with the slate/chalk interior with IGM, arctic grey, and chalk. I have a few PTS colors I love like Aetna Blue, Turquoise Blue, Manaus Blue and Mexico Blue that would all look nice with slate/chalk interior.
Porsche must know that every time they push back the freeze date we start reconfiguring the order and it just keeps getting more expensive!🤑
Old 06-11-2024, 09:05 AM
MF Jones
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

Zero regrets . . .
The following users liked this post:
HOTCHKIS (06-11-2024)
Old 06-11-2024, 01:12 PM
user 999993337
Banned

Received 175 Likes on 94 Posts

I would choose Chalk (Crayon) all the time over the Ice Grey... works great also with the Two tone interior you chose.
The following users liked this post:
Timeless992 (06-11-2024)
Old 06-11-2024, 01:18 PM
Timeless992
Banned

Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by melhechi
I would choose Chalk (Crayon) all the time over the Ice Grey... works great also with the Two tone interior you chose.
Same here.
Old 06-11-2024, 02:21 PM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Received 752 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by melhechi
I have a chalk Macan GTS and I regret the color choice . It gets plenty of compliments but I feel it looks like mayonnaise. I cant stand Ice gray too. I am so tied of the washed out colors . I loved my GT silver car . I picked up my first blue car (gentian ) and a surprised that I love it on the second Macan in the house but not on a 911 as much . I just canceled my hybrid slot but it was Gt silver and decided for now to hold onto a Base 992.2 slot just to remain in play . I went with flat white on the Base car and made it a no frills build in case I bail .https://configurator.porsche.com/en-...ection-summary
Old 06-11-2024, 02:34 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,800 Likes on 947 Posts

That's more than my well optioned C2S and extremely boring.
Old 06-11-2024, 04:23 PM
3520MMF
Advanced

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by yrralis1
I have a chalk Macan GTS and I regret the color choice . It gets plenty of compliments but I feel it looks like mayonnaise. I cant stand Ice gray too. I am so tied of the washed out colors . I loved my GT silver car . I picked up my first blue car (gentian ) and a surprised that I love it on the second Macan in the house but not on a 911 as much . I just canceled my hybrid slot but it was Gt silver and decided for now to hold onto a Base 992.2 slot just to remain in play . I went with flat white on the Base car and made it a no frills build in case I bail .https://configurator.porsche.com/en-...ection-summary

Nice build, good luck. Can’t go wrong with White or Gt Silver classic colors and will look fantastic.

Quick Reply: 992 color options - please help