Techart Rear Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2022, 11:43 PM
Autobacs
Racer

Received 160 Likes on 91 Posts
Default Techart Rear Spoiler

Hi,

Did anyone get this on their car. If so can you post pics. I want to see if this is worth getting.

Techart Rear Spoiler
Old 08-03-2022, 01:18 AM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Received 1,462 Likes on 728 Posts

Have you seen the PSM version. It wraps around the entire OEM adjustable spoiler and is a little bigger.
Old 08-03-2022, 01:26 AM
Autobacs
Racer

Originally Posted by Tobeit
Have you seen the PSM version. It wraps around the entire OEM adjustable spoiler and is a little bigger.
Yeah I did see that one and I think the PSM looks better but you can't paint it right? It's carbon fiber. I was thinking about painting it the color of the car.
Old 08-03-2022, 01:30 AM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Autobacs
Yeah I did see that one and I think the PSM looks better but you can't paint it right? It's carbon fiber. I was thinking about painting it the color of the car.
Yes, you can paint CF. In the attached the 2 aero wings used to be CF too.

Old 08-03-2022, 01:31 AM
Autobacs
Racer

Hmm...ok I think that's the better way to go...thanks
The following users liked this post:
Tobeit (08-03-2022)
Old 08-03-2022, 01:34 PM
dbtran
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, you can paint CF. In the attached the 2 aero wings used to be CF too.
Beautiful ride! What diffuser is that?
Old 08-03-2022, 02:16 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dbtran
Beautiful ride! What diffuser is that?
Thanks - still work in progress. The center diffuser is the Moshammer for standard bumpers. Decided to have it painted and left only two center ribs black. Some other members have this diffuser too but kept it black.
The following 2 users liked this post by Tobeit:
Autobacs (08-03-2022), dbtran (08-03-2022)
Old 08-03-2022, 02:36 PM
dbtran
Intermediate

Thanks - still work in progress. The center diffuser is the Moshammer for standard bumpers. Decided to have it painted and left only two center ribs black. Some other members have this diffuser too but kept it black.
Nice! It says on their website that I only works with the standard rear bumper, do you have the regular rear bumper or the sport design bumper?

Last edited by dbtran; 08-03-2022 at 02:38 PM.
Old 08-03-2022, 02:49 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Nice! It says on their website that I only works with the standard rear bumper, do you have the regular rear bumper or the sport design bumper?
Sorry to OP to sidetrack his thread.

My bumper is the standard bumper. Moshammer has versions for both. The diffuser for the sport bumper goes higher around the exhaust tips.
dbtran (08-03-2022)
Old 08-03-2022, 02:57 PM
dbtran
Intermediate

Sorry to OP to sidetrack his thread.

My bumper is the standard bumper. Moshammer has versions for both. The diffuser for the sport bumper goes higher around the exhaust tips.
Thanks for the info, and yes apologies to OP.
Old 08-03-2022, 03:09 PM
Autobacs
Racer

Thanks for the info, and yes apologies to OP.
no problem guys. Car looks great. I like the subtle adds where you can see that something is different but need to pause to see the adds. the original design of the car is amazing already and the subtle adds enhances it.
good choice on keeping the center of the diffuser black, makes it look like its connected with the black around the exhaust.
Old 08-04-2022, 11:44 AM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

no problem guys. Car looks great. I like the subtle adds where you can see that something is different but need to pause to see the adds. the original design of the car is amazing already and the subtle adds enhances it.
good choice on keeping the center of the diffuser black, makes it look like its connected with the black around the exhaust.
Yes, trying to do subtle updates w/o going over the top or destroy the OEM lines entirely. I had it on w/o painting it originally and it was just too much black and kind of got lost. I am pretty picky like I will change the third brake light back to red...the clear just does not do it for me. Was planning to do all clear including the light bar but the red light bar on my AG color is growing on me.
Old 08-04-2022, 12:04 PM
Autobacs
Racer

Yes, trying to do subtle updates w/o going over the top or destroy the OEM lines entirely. I had it on w/o painting it originally and it was just too much black and kind of got lost. I am pretty picky like I will change the third brake light back to red...the clear just does not do it for me. Was planning to do all clear including the light bar but the red light bar on my AG color is growing on me.
Honestly, I agree on clear back lights; including your decision to go back to red on the third brake light. I think it will look better. WRT clears in the back, yes I was about to order those as well on my GT silver, but something about the clears makes the back almost look unfinished or less substantial somehow (the lights almost give of a brittle look like they might crack look) so I left them all red. The one thing I might do is black out the lower reflectors like you did but for now all good with the red tail lights. Also it ties in nicely with the red brake calipers. The car is flat and low....having that diffuser adding to the lower area gives it an even flatter profile which is cool; it's almost why, in my opinion, the GT3 touring looks better than the regular GT3 with the high spoiler.

Did you buy the blacked out reflectors or did you have those painted?
Old 08-04-2022, 12:32 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Honestly, I agree on clear back lights; including your decision to go back to red on the third brake light. I think it will look better. WRT clears in the back, yes I was about to order those as well on my GT silver, but something about the clears makes the back almost look unfinished or less substantial somehow (the lights almost give of a brittle look like they might crack look) so I left them all red. The one thing I might do is black out the lower reflectors like you did but for now all good with the red tail lights. Also it ties in nicely with the red brake calipers. The car is flat and low....having that diffuser adding to the lower area gives it an even flatter profile which is cool; it's almost why, in my opinion, the GT3 touring looks better than the regular GT3 with the high spoiler.

Did you buy the blacked out reflectors or did you have those painted?
I simply had them painted satin. I have something in progress for my calipers (mine are base, black right now) and some other mod's worked on as we speak...can show pics soon.
Old 08-04-2022, 12:40 PM
Autobacs
Racer

I simply had them painted satin. I have something in progress for my calipers (mine are base, black right now) and some other mod's worked on as we speak...can show pics soon.
Look forward to seeing those.
Tobeit (08-04-2022)

Quick Reply: Techart Rear Spoiler