Sponsored by:

PPF recommendations NY

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2022, 01:05 PM
inthesticks
Racer

Received 351 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by PBoxS986
What did you get done (PPF,Cermaic or both)...How much did you pay?
Full PPF and ceramic for approx. 7600
Old 09-11-2022, 03:14 PM
al74
Advanced

Received 61 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by al74
I was extremely disappointed from the results and post work accountability at Detailers Domain. Used Phil based on the reviews here despite him giving the most expensive quote and the work was far from perfect. He didn't ppf parts of the front (just stating it wasnt included (post work)), many of the edges just showing instead of tucked in and worst, I had to chase him and show up multiple times to get bubbles corrected and instead of fixing the bubbles his team just removed pieces of the ppf from part of the front bumper and chipped the paint while doing so. Was tired of chasing him to fix it and will need to find a solution by myself. Not sure if I'm an edge one-off case, but I was shocked that this was the quality of the work after the glowing reviews here.
As an update, Phil contacting me and is working to remediate the issues. I will update once there is a resolution.
Old 09-12-2022, 03:17 PM
Lbenf
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 for Darien Detail
Old 09-12-2022, 03:42 PM
A Nonce
Instructor

Received 180 Likes on 68 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by inthesticks
Anyone have any recommendations for PPF/Ceramic installers in Westchester county NY?
For me, its easy, Detailer's Domain has been brutally consistent for me. Never been disappointed (I'm a multiple time customer)! What I like about going to Phil's is that he always tries to go above and beyond and is brutally honest. Your experience diverges a lot from my own interactions with him where he proactively pointed out issues!

Also, Phil's initial quotes from what I remember were on the higher end but definitely not the highest. Perhaps, in this case, Phil was bit too informal and didn't extract your expectations from the job.

I'm sorry about the experience though!

Last edited by A Nonce; 09-13-2022 at 01:22 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 09-12-2022, 04:21 PM
2PUTT
Rennlist Member

Received 384 Likes on 182 Posts

As an update, Phil contacting me and is working to remediate the issues. I will update once there is a resolution.
i'm glad the remediation is in progress. Phil has been in the industry for awhile and is well known for the level of service he provides for all his clients. he has done some of my cars even after I moved 6 hours away to VA. he has an excellent crew, they always put the customer's satisfaction as their top priority. best of luck. share some pics once its all done.
The following users liked this post:
brianja (09-12-2022)
Old 09-12-2022, 08:03 PM
tightt
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been using Phil at Detailers Domain for well over 20 years. He has PPF'd over 25 cars for me during that period, including several imported, rare cars. While I cannot comment on the specific details regarding OP's post, I can say unequivocally that Phil is a stand-up guy who arguably does the best work this side of the Mississippi. If an issue occurred...I'm sure he will resolve it expeditiously.
Old 09-12-2022, 09:53 PM
clutchdj
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tightt
I have been using Phil at Detailers Domain for well over 20 years. He has PPF'd over 25 cars for me during that period, including several imported, rare cars. While I cannot comment on the specific details regarding OP's post, I can say unequivocally that Phil is a stand-up guy who arguably does the best work this side of the Mississippi. If an issue occurred...I'm sure he will resolve it expeditiously.
yup. well said. have had over 20 cars done with DD. other shops in the area use old blades and have cut the paint.
Old 09-13-2022, 11:57 AM
jjaisli
Instructor

Received 131 Likes on 43 Posts

I've already made my plug earlier in this thread for Phil at Detailer's Domain. I've been using them for 10 years and he's always done exemplary work (PPF on 2 different cars and detail work on 6 different cars) and Phil's treated me very fairly. He's been up front about the work he's done and quick to point out any issues and always made sure I was completely satisfied. And he's always been happy and eager to pass along and share his knowledge and experience. There was only one time in all the years that I had any issue with the work he's done, a minor one, and he was quick to rectify the problem. He's a true perfectionist and takes pride in his work. And he works with you. If you're just looking for protection or want a "show car" he can accommodate. And the only reason he hasn't expanded is because he's extremely picky about the people he hires.

I don't want to turn this around and disparage anything @al74 has said or issues he's had with Detailer's Domain. It's important that he relate his experience and I'm glad, though not surprised to hear, that the issue is being addressed. Hopefully it will be corrected to @al74 's satisfaction and if it isn't, he should certainly let everybody know.

However, I do have an issue with @Sporty post.

Looked like just some random guys off the street working on the cars and some relatives wrapping and shipping products.
I really find this comment outrageous. Yes, their shop is not a showroom. It's very industrial and it's combined with a warehouse that ships out automotive cleaning products for the mail-order side of things. In that sense, I agree, if you're expecting a high end dealership experience like showroom, you're going to be disappointed. But are you really going to suggest that they're all "relatives" working there, because, why, they're all Asian? And you just assume they're related because of that? I mean, seriously, come on, what an ignorant comment.
The following 2 users liked this post by jjaisli:
A Nonce (09-13-2022), brianja (09-13-2022)
Old 09-14-2022, 08:34 AM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by jjaisli
I've already made my plug earlier in this thread for Phil at Detailer's Domain. I've been using them for 10 years and he's always done exemplary work (PPF on 2 different cars and detail work on 6 different cars) and Phil's treated me very fairly. He's been up front about the work he's done and quick to point out any issues and always made sure I was completely satisfied. And he's always been happy and eager to pass along and share his knowledge and experience. There was only one time in all the years that I had any issue with the work he's done, a minor one, and he was quick to rectify the problem. He's a true perfectionist and takes pride in his work. And he works with you. If you're just looking for protection or want a "show car" he can accommodate. And the only reason he hasn't expanded is because he's extremely picky about the people he hires.

I don't want to turn this around and disparage anything @al74 has said or issues he's had with Detailer's Domain. It's important that he relate his experience and I'm glad, though not surprised to hear, that the issue is being addressed. Hopefully it will be corrected to @al74 's satisfaction and if it isn't, he should certainly let everybody know.

However, I do have an issue with @Sporty post.

I really find this comment outrageous. Yes, their shop is not a showroom. It's very industrial and it's combined with a warehouse that ships out automotive cleaning products for the mail-order side of things. In that sense, I agree, if you're expecting a high end dealership experience like showroom, you're going to be disappointed. But are you really going to suggest that they're all "relatives" working there, because, why, they're all Asian? And you just assume they're related because of that? I mean, seriously, come on, what an ignorant comment.
No question in my mind that Phil has a great reputation as a great detailer. But the PPF side of his business is different. I believe the guys who do the PPF work are not his employees but independents which is not uncommon..

I am one of those guys that decided to use the Porsche dealer to do the PPF. Why? Because the F&I person gets a spiff for selling it and it made it very easy for me to pick up the car with the PPF. Did not want to drive to a detailer and have a rock fly up on my brand new Targa. I did the due diligence on the PPF team and the independent guys do the PPF work for many respected detailers and they work on mostly high end cars. As to dealer pricing on PPF, it was very high but in my experience, it is negotiable and they matched the going rate of the independent detailers (many of whom used the same PPF people). The end result for me was excellent. I was concerned about a very small bubble but was told to leave the car in the sun and it will disappear. It did.

Last edited by mjsporsche; 09-14-2022 at 08:36 AM.
Old 09-14-2022, 10:58 AM
jjaisli
Instructor

Received 131 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by mjsporsche
No question in my mind that Phil has a great reputation as a great detailer. But the PPF side of his business is different. I believe the guys who do the PPF work are not his employees but independents which ...
I suppose it's possible that something has changed. But I was there when Phil and Kevin personally applied the PPF on my car. And I've been there numerous times over the years, dropping off or picking up and I've seen Phil there, hands on, applying film. I know Phil had surgery on his arm, maybe 2 years ago. And there was a long period where he was out of commission and was unable to handle a lot of physical work. But from numerous conversations we've had over the years, I would be shocked to find out if he's farming out the work.
Old 09-16-2022, 03:07 PM
2PUTT
Rennlist Member

Received 384 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by mjsporsche
No question in my mind that Phil has a great reputation as a great detailer. But the PPF side of his business is different. I believe the guys who do the PPF work are not his employees but independents which is not uncommon..
This is 100% false. All of the people there are DD employees. The PPF guys were all sent to Xpel in TX for training by DD. Phil is usually involved with all the PPF installs. I've been at the shop enough times to witness this. I'm just happy he has not kicked me out for overstaying.
Old 09-16-2022, 09:22 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by 2PUTT
This is 100% false. All of the people there are DD employees. The PPF guys were all sent to Xpel in TX for training by DD. Phil is usually involved with all the PPF installs. I've been at the shop enough times to witness this. I'm just happy he has not kicked me out for overstaying.
Does it make a difference on whose payroll the PPF iinstallers are paid. No doubt whoever does the work for DD are qualified technicians/installers because they do it often. That is what counts to me. And like most shops, DD has had PPF redos as well. No one is perfect all the time. It is the nature of the work.
The following users liked this post:
2PUTT (09-21-2022)
Old 09-24-2022, 11:24 AM
al74
Advanced

Received 61 Likes on 27 Posts

Update: Just got my Boxster back from Detailer's domain and Phil came through big time. He not only corrected the issues I identified but literally redid almost all of the work. He added ceramic coating for no additional charge and gave me complimentary detailing products. The car looks terrific and I ended up very happy. He apologized for the miscommunication and truly made me feel like a valued customer. I will definitely continue to bring my vehicles to Detailer Domain from now on and think this was truly a one off.
The following 3 users liked this post by al74:
brianja (09-26-2022), jjaisli (09-26-2022), tmslc (07-03-2023)
Old 07-03-2023, 05:41 AM
DrZ123
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Wanted to rejuvenate this thread as my GTS Targa should be arriving later this year and plan on doing PPF.

Seems like Darien Detailing, Detailers Domain, and Whipskin are some top shops in the Westchester area.

Any other recommendations and what can I expect to pay for this? Also, is it worth doing full PPF and ceramic?
Old 07-03-2023, 09:16 AM
tmslc
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Update: Just got my Boxster back from Detailer's domain and Phil came through big time. He not only corrected the issues I identified but literally redid almost all of the work. He added ceramic coating for no additional charge and gave me complimentary detailing products. The car looks terrific and I ended up very happy. He apologized for the miscommunication and truly made me feel like a valued customer. I will definitely continue to bring my vehicles to Detailer Domain from now on and think this was truly a one off.
see, this is how all retailer and car dealers should work. sometimes people make mistakes ... its what happens after they make the mistake and how they handle it that really separates a great company and one that actually cares from one that is a churn and burn shop.

in days of real customer service going to ****, i am happy to read these stories. good for you!

Quick Reply: PPF recommendations NY