Sponsored by:

Interior Gloss Carbon Fiber Dash Trim upgrade - DITY

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2022, 07:47 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 832 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Interior Gloss Carbon Fiber Dash Trim upgrade - DITY

So when I ordered my car I skipped the matte CF interior trim but ordered the OEM gloss CF Sport Mirrors which look great on the car IMHO. However never really thought the base SILVER interior meshed and upgrade to the trim was one of my first things accomplished especially for the gloss black center console trim pieces. DB Carbon's setup helped fix that but something still was missing.

So I ordered gloss carbon fiber dash trim (passenger and drivers side) to complete my interior upgrades. Last year center console pieces from DB Carbon last summer and vowed to complete the look. Then behold Suncoast posted the OEM interior pieces on their site which made it easier to go ahead and take the plunge to complete the interior. So took the step and ordered the interior dash pieces from Suncoast (price was comparable to DB Carbon) earlier this year. Initial ship estimates were ETA Nov 2022..and then low and behold..got a ship notice from Suncoast last week. Way to go…given current supply and demand issues for all things including automotive I’ll consider that a win! 😉👍🏾

CF Pieces arrived Friday and so spent about an hour this afternoon with the install as I was told that all of my Father's Day time tomorrow was to be taken! LOL. So today off to the garage I went with my package and trim tools. . Found the following Youtube video online for 992 Center cluster removal which helps locate fitments and at least see all the steps and 4 hex bolts needed for removal on each side. Short but sweet and including for your view pleasure...

Otherwise work was pretty straight forward. Took about an hour just taking time to protect pieces and ensure that had adequate pictures for re-installation later. Of note driver side panel cover was hard to get at to pry off so used a thin flat blade with the tip covered with a piece of cloth to prevent damage but to get enough leverage to pop out the panel a few inches to allow trim tool to do the rest. Passenger side panel was easy. Only difficulty was removal of passenger side trip did pull out the passenger cup holder from its mount and took additional time to get it back flushed for proper realignment at reinstallation. Other than that both pieces were plug and play and look great..IMHO! Enjoy!! 😎👍🏾😊

Arrival time!

Well packed from Suncoast Porsche

Passenger side CF

close up OEM CF

Driver side CF trim

Original OEM Driver’s side SILVER trip

Driver’s side trim panel open (1 hex screw to remove)

Driver’s side hex screw (remove to uninstall/install)

Driver’s side pieces comparison OEM SILVER vs CF

OEM Driver’s Side Trim installed

Passenger Trim side panel removal

Passenger trim removed - dash panel opened

OEM SILVER and CF trim comparison - faces

OEM SILVER and CF trim comparison - rear attachments

OEM CF and SILVER Passenger Trim compared DB Carbon center trim

OEM CF passenger trim installed

OEM CF passenger trim installed - close up

OEM CF passenger trim installed - DB Carbon center and OEM CF Passenger trim panel installed

Last edited by mdrobc1213; 06-20-2022 at 07:48 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by mdrobc1213:
Colt_45 (01-24-2023), gman3280 (06-21-2022)
Old 06-20-2022, 08:10 AM
kgs365
Racer

Received 160 Likes on 80 Posts

great to see DIY hopefully as the car ages we will see more DIY's.
The following users liked this post:
mdrobc1213 (06-20-2022)
Old 06-20-2022, 09:42 AM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,189 Likes on 2,066 Posts

I love the glossy carbon more than the matte.

And as mentioned, pretty awesome to see you DIY it.
mdrobc1213 (06-20-2022)
Old 06-20-2022, 12:28 PM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,652 Likes on 781 Posts

I would really love to find someone who would make the center console piano black pieces in dark brushed aluminum.
The following 2 users liked this post by Drew46:
mdrobc1213 (06-20-2022), zachr (06-21-2022)
Old 06-20-2022, 11:45 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 832 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by kgs365
great to see DIY hopefully as the car ages we will see more DIY's.
Yes it was pretty easy to do..pry tool and removing 4 hex screws. Then pull and remove and repeat to install.
Originally Posted by shrimp money
I love the glossy carbon more than the matte.
My old 991.1 had matte CF mirrors and they were a great look...lots of compliments. But N/A for the 992 when I got it so yes I have gloss CF mirror OEM option and think they are great thus wanted interior to match the exterior CF bits.

Tech Art CF Matte 991.1 mirrors

Tech Art CF Matte 991.1 mirrors (close up)

OEM CF mirror option

OEM CF mirror option - closeup

Still thinking on doing the DB Carbon's CF rear diffuser option and front grille pieces! Just worried about rock chips and UV fade.
And as mentioned, pretty awesome to see you DIY it.
Originally Posted by Drew46
I would really love to find someone who would make the center console piano black pieces in dark brushed aluminum.
Ha! Me too! Would look awesome! Hope someone is listening out there....
kgs365 (06-21-2022)

Quick Reply: Interior Gloss Carbon Fiber Dash Trim upgrade - DITY