Pricing for my 992S?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2022, 06:01 PM
Wiems
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Pricing for my 992S?

Happy June to you all,

I've got this beautiful 992 that I personally ordered last winter 2021 and took delivery of in May 2021. I have put 2500 miles on it. It is in new condition. The issue is that I have a lot of hobbies and driving this car has become a rarity for me. I know, I feel like I should absolutely LOVE it, but I think I'm ready to move on. Anyway, I'm pretty sure I could get MSRP or really close to it from my local dealer, ut I'm not in the market to trade it for another car. Not too many comps out there being a 7M, so I'm asking, What is this car worth to a private seller? It also has an Expel Ultimate A pillar forward, rockers and rear rock guard area, Ceramic coating on everything including wheels and calipers. Just as a starting point, I'm thinking of listing it for $160k

Thank you for your input!

Old 06-12-2022, 06:26 PM
pkalhan
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts

god damn!! It's beautiful....AND...I can't afford it!! I hate my life. I know it is a totally different car but we sold my wife's old beater SUV to We Buy Any Car. You don't have to sell it to them but if you put your car's information in their website they will spit out a value of how much they would buy it for. It will at least give you a starting point on what you can list it at.
Old 06-12-2022, 07:16 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,145 Likes on 3,010 Posts

Private sale and $15k above original MSRP? 🤨
A dealer can CPO a car and provide some added value for their markup.

XPEL and ceramic add zero value to a car.

It’s a nice build, but I just don’t see people paying above MSRP for a used Carrera via a private sale.
The following 2 users liked this post by detansinn:
doug_999 (06-18-2022), Scott P (06-18-2022)
Old 06-12-2022, 07:40 PM
Wiems
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by detansinn
Private sale and $15k above original MSRP? 🤨
A dealer can CPO a car and provide some added value for their markup.

XPEL and ceramic add zero value to a car.

It’s a nice build, but I just don’t see people paying above MSRP for a used Carrera via a private sale.
I hear what you're saying, but go take a look at the market. I do not see any used 2021 992's selling for less than MSRP. I know it's crazy, but this is the market we live in. I think it comes down to this: Someone who really wants a car right away, is not particularly price sensitive, and is interested in a car similar to what they would wait for and pay an ADM for, may purchase a used car for over MSRP. We'll see, not sure I will even list it.
Old 06-12-2022, 07:48 PM
Lady Silver
Rennlist Member

Received 286 Likes on 185 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by Wiems
Happy June to you all,

I've got this beautiful 992 that I personally ordered last winter 2021 and took delivery of in May 2021. I have put 2500 miles on it. It is in new condition. The issue is that I have a lot of hobbies and driving this car has become a rarity for me. I know, I feel like I should absolutely LOVE it, but I think I'm ready to move on. Anyway, I'm pretty sure I could get MSRP or really close to it from my local dealer, ut I'm not in the market to trade it for another car. Not too many comps out there being a 7M, so I'm asking, What is this car worth to a private seller? It also has an Expel Ultimate A pillar forward, rockers and rear rock guard area, Ceramic coating on everything including wheels and calipers. Just as a starting point, I'm thinking of listing it for $160k

Thank you for your input!

Might want to cut off the ragged edges on the windshield sticker. Were I about to spend 150k I would expect everything to be neat and clean.
The following users liked this post:
gellie (06-12-2022)
Old 06-12-2022, 08:21 PM
Wiems
Rennlist Member

Ha! I know! Actually, that's how it came, My SA told me that the way it was stuck on the window, they were lucky to get it off in one piece. No idea what the issue was.
Old 06-12-2022, 08:38 PM
Richard_Wallace
Rennlist Member

Received 1,688 Likes on 754 Posts

There is another post, with this low miles and a 2021 - you should likely list it for about 15K above MSRP (it being a manual maybe more).

If you could trade it to a dealer (Porsche or otherwise) if you state allows trade in tax credit - if you are looking at something else - that would be the way I would go, as even at MSRP, the tax credit on a trade in would be about what you will get privately...

PS. Go to Vinanalytics.com and get a new sticker to print - no jagged edges :-)

Last edited by Richard_Wallace; 06-12-2022 at 08:40 PM.
Old 06-13-2022, 07:57 PM
SBAD
Pro

Received 708 Likes on 278 Posts

Whatever you do, get moving. Despite the naysayers, the US market will be declining in terms of Porsche pricing. We are looking at a massive economic correction on all fronts. The buyers for this used car ARE price sensitive as they do keep an eye on their 401K progress...
The following 6 users liked this post by SBAD:
BondJ (06-18-2022), chance6 (06-15-2022), CO 992 (06-14-2022), gellie (06-13-2022), LesPaul (06-13-2022), Russian Mafia (06-19-2022) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-14-2022, 09:33 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

Originally Posted by SBAD
Whatever you do, get moving. Despite the naysayers, the US market will be declining in terms of Porsche pricing. We are looking at a massive economic correction on all fronts. The buyers for this used car ARE price sensitive as they do keep an eye on their 401K progress...
I think you are right!!
chance6 (06-15-2022)
Old 06-14-2022, 11:17 AM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,826 Likes on 952 Posts

The chalk, ED wheels, and some of your other options are pros. The manual transmission is the biggest factor in getting above MSRP as there are not many cars out there to buy and a manual is very hard to find. Your one thing that will potentially hurt your market is the bordeaux interior. Black or black with chalk stitching and it sells quickly and at your ask. The interior is going to be your one issue, but you may find a buyer despite that given the low mileage available now MT.
Old 06-14-2022, 12:46 PM
Wiems
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
The chalk, ED wheels, and some of your other options are pros. The manual transmission is the biggest factor in getting above MSRP as there are not many cars out there to buy and a manual is very hard to find. Your one thing that will potentially hurt your market is the bordeaux interior. Black or black with chalk stitching and it sells quickly and at your ask. The interior is going to be your one issue, but you may find a buyer despite that given the low mileage available now MT.
That's interesting, I think the best part about the car is the black/bordeaux interior! Especially with a non-color exterior.
Old 06-14-2022, 12:58 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Wiems
That's interesting, I think the best part about the car is the black/bordeaux interior! Especially with a non-color exterior.
Yes. But a red interior can be very polarizing. Some love it, others hate it. Which is why it will limit your sales market. A black interior wouldn't be subject to that.

Again, the key part is you think it's the best part. That's a personal emotional thing. But also a limiting one. Does the now availability and manual factor cancel that out? They should, but I was only saying it will mean slightly less potential interest.
Go Bruins (06-14-2022)
Old 06-14-2022, 01:47 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 1,037 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by SBAD
agree 1000000000%
Old 06-14-2022, 02:04 PM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,652 Likes on 781 Posts

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
Yes. But a red interior can be very polarizing. Some love it, others hate it. Which is why it will limit your sales market. A black interior wouldn't be subject to that.

Again, the key part is you think it's the best part. That's a personal emotional thing. But also a limiting one. Does the now availability and manual factor cancel that out? They should, but I was only saying it will mean slightly less potential interest.
It is no more polarizing than choice of transmission. It is far less likely that someone looking for a 7MT will buy a pdk car (or vice versa) than it is that someone looking for one color interior will buy a car with a different color interior.
Old 06-14-2022, 03:56 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Drew46
It is no more polarizing than choice of transmission. It is far less likely that someone looking for a 7MT will buy a pdk car (or vice versa) than it is that someone looking for one color interior will buy a car with a different color interior.
Unfortunately I don't think you and I are having the same conversation.
gellie (06-14-2022)

Quick Reply: Pricing for my 992S?