Sponsored by:

RS Spyder Wheels in Satin Black

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2022, 11:29 PM
F8Driver
Pro

Received 331 Likes on 195 Posts
Default RS Spyder Wheels in Satin Black

I've a GTS allocation for August delivery. Went with the RS Spyder wheels, though I'm not fond of any of the wheel options (I hate black wheels, don't like the CS wheels either). I have a choice of painting them at a local specialty shop (Porsche will do it at the factory for much more than the normal optional color upgrades), buying the Satin Platinum wheels, or buying aftermarket. With either new wheel option, I'd have the OEM black wheels in excess. Is there a market for these wheels ... Carrera, Carrera S, owners who would like black RS Spyder wheels?

Right now, I'm leaning toward BC Forged modular wheels.
Old 04-21-2022, 12:51 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,541 Likes on 5,064 Posts

If the price is right, there is always a market.
Old 04-21-2022, 01:50 AM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,800 Likes on 947 Posts

I loathe black wheels as well. And not a fan of dark platinum either. The RS Spiders do look good, but still not my taste due to the color. Biggest disappointment of the GTS is the wheel options. I have seen someone on here who got Spyder wheels done in silver and they looked good, but also looked weird and out of place. My suggestion would be the Carrera S wheels and then either keep them or swap them later for a wheel you want and like.
Old 04-21-2022, 07:02 AM
KBS911
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by F8Driver
I've a GTS allocation for August delivery. Went with the RS Spyder wheels, though I'm not fond of any of the wheel options (I hate black wheels, don't like the CS wheels either). I have a choice of painting them at a local specialty shop (Porsche will do it at the factory for much more than the normal optional color upgrades), buying the Satin Platinum wheels, or buying aftermarket. With either new wheel option, I'd have the OEM black wheels in excess. Is there a market for these wheels ... Carrera, Carrera S, owners who would like black RS Spyder wheels?

I'm with you. Odd that there are such few wheel options on the GTS. I specced my GTS with the CS wheels but ordered a set of the 5 spoke Carrera Exclusive design wheels from Porsche Center Atlanta. They are my favorite wheel style, including aftermarket, and are forged.
Old 04-21-2022, 10:15 AM
icanthelpit
Burning Brakes

Received 876 Likes on 416 Posts

I really like my satin black RS Spyder wheels. I laugh at the folks that choose PCCB's just to hide/reduce brake dust since the satin color completely hides the dust. At first, I was concerned that I would not like them, instead like the platinum choice of the S. I've washed my GTS a couple of times now (~800 miles) and never touched the wheels. Now the light color wheels do show the dust a lot...
Old 04-21-2022, 12:25 PM
Aaron Lin
Instructor

Received 191 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by F8Driver

I'm thinking this one piece forged wheel in brushed silver too from BC for 992.

Quick Reply: RS Spyder Wheels in Satin Black