Sponsored by:

Dealer Installed PSE- What a Quote!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2022, 08:31 AM
Kurac
Racer

Received 216 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard_Wallace
Beachwood Porsche (I live in Cincy, but buy from them). They now know how to do it. I think they will charge 1 hour labor, but easy to do...

If you call Kyle at BW porsche, tell him I told you to give them a call - they were really cool about doing it and said it is a good trick to know!
No kidding. Beechwood is where I got my car from and Kyle was my SA.
Old 03-19-2022, 12:38 PM
shein323
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurac
No kidding. Beechwood is where I got my car from and Kyle was my SA.
did you have success at getting Beachwood to do this? How noticeable was the change in exhaust noise? I’m in NE Ohio too, interested in doing this.
Old 03-19-2022, 02:43 PM
Kurac
Racer

Originally Posted by shein323
did you have success at getting Beachwood to do this? How noticeable was the change in exhaust noise? I’m in NE Ohio too, interested in doing this.
I’m scheduled end of April. However if M Engineering can uncork this with their tune, I’ll just go that route. But I believe they cannot. Still need to verify.
When I called Beechwood and mentioned Richard Wallace they knew exactly what to do.

Last edited by Kurac; 03-19-2022 at 03:41 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Richard_Wallace (03-19-2022)
Old 05-12-2022, 12:26 AM
shein323
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurac
I’m scheduled end of April. However if M Engineering can uncork this with their tune, I’ll just go that route. But I believe they cannot. Still need to verify.
When I called Beechwood and mentioned Richard Wallace they knew exactly what to do.
Did you end up getting Beachwood to do this?
Old 05-12-2022, 02:06 AM
Reata1
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 55 Posts

Thank you so very much, wish I had it but apparently not on this one. I will be sure and have it on my new order....
Old 05-12-2022, 08:11 AM
Kurac
Racer

Originally Posted by shein323
Did you end up getting Beachwood to do this?
So I did. When starting the car in Normal mode then switching to Sport mode you can definitely hear higher volume. I would say it’s more pronounced at idle and anything less than full throttle. In Sport/Sport+ mode, the valves are completely open. I’m not sure if there is higher volume at wide open throttle, but I would imagine the stock programming has the valves completely open under certain driving circumstances as well (WOT). I wanted the dealer to program one of my dash toggle switches to enable the function but they said it would wipe out any other toggle programming and I have one of the diamond buttons programmed with Homelink so I declined that. They said if I flip into sport/sport+ mode then the exhaust valves are fully open. I drive only in Sport and sometimes Sport+ mode so that was fine with me. I later noticed in the car setup menus that I now have the MMI feature button that enables the PSE program (button with a dual exhaust pipe).

I used to have a GT350R and flipping the exhaust button upon start up was dramatic. This PSE software mod is not like that. There is some volume increase but not nearly the difference my old car had. For about $220, it’s a neat trick and cheap.

Quick Reply: Dealer Installed PSE- What a Quote!!