Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Surround camera front grill noticeable???

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2022, 12:24 PM
readydiverone
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Surround camera front grill noticeable???

All, in connection with soon-to-lock 2SMT Cab, need to know whether surround camera breaks up front end/is otherwise noticeable. I have seen some pix (I think) and I don't think I like it. I get that most think the surround view is great but I'm not sure about the trade off. Can folks pls share pix and thoughts?

Many thanks.
Old 02-24-2022, 12:29 PM
dhirm5
Rennlist Member

Received 1,460 Likes on 801 Posts

Originally Posted by readydiverone
All, in connection with soon-to-lock 2SMT Cab, need to know whether surround camera breaks up front end/is otherwise noticeable. I have seen some pix (I think) and I don't think I like it. I get that most think the surround view is great but I'm not sure about the trade off. Can folks pls share pix and thoughts?

Many thanks.
You don’t see the surround camera. That ugly round eye is the intelligent cruise control option.
Old 02-24-2022, 12:30 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,145 Likes on 3,010 Posts

Yes, the surround cameras are noticeable, but also a great feature.
Old 02-24-2022, 12:33 PM
Newport IRL
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by readydiverone

Many thanks.
If you are referring to the camera in the middle of the front bumper, that is for the adaptive cruise control, not surround view. Toggle the adaptive cruise control option on and off and it shows in the configurator.

Last edited by Newport IRL; 02-24-2022 at 12:34 PM.
Old 02-24-2022, 12:49 PM
readydiverone
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 58 Posts

Ah, thanks all, very helpful, yes, I think I was seeing the ACC camera.
Old 02-24-2022, 12:51 PM
BlitzedTT
Racer

Received 157 Likes on 82 Posts

The surround view camera is small - and not very noticeable - but you can see it clearly here when the sun hits it.
Old 02-24-2022, 01:06 PM
brianja
Rennlist Member

Received 690 Likes on 268 Posts

The surround view camera is noticeable, but not awful and totally worth it for the convenience of that feature. Here are a few recent photos of my car that show the camera on my sport design bumper from the front and profile. It is mounted in the top/middle of the center section of the bumper. I do not have ACC.

The following 2 users liked this post by brianja:
westcoastj (02-25-2022), Yojeffo (02-24-2022)
Old 02-24-2022, 01:20 PM
BlitzedTT
Racer

Received 157 Likes on 82 Posts

In this light I think the parking sensors on the sport design bumper are more noticeable than the surround view camera.

(Bonus points to the standard bumper where the parking sensors are integrated into the matte black portion) :P

Originally Posted by brianja
The surround view camera is noticeable, but not awful and totally worth it for the convenience of that feature. Here are a few recent photos of my car that show the camera on my sport design bumper from the front and profile. It is mounted in the top/middle of the center section of the bumper. I do not have ACC.

Quick Reply: Surround camera front grill noticeable???