Sponsored by:

I am delayed one month

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2022, 10:12 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,451 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by Drew46
Phase 3 on the MyPorsche App or Milestone 03 on TYD? If the former, then likely yes, but that Phase 3 should say "Production Complete". I think you may be Milestone 03 which is Scheduled for Production, which means you need to look at the dat under Milestone 04 for the projected start date.
Under TYD- Phase 4 says "Estimated date of milestone completion 2/18/22"
Old 02-22-2022, 10:21 AM
icanthelpit
Burning Brakes

Received 876 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Under TYD- Phase 4 says "Estimated date of milestone completion 2/18/22"
Aha then it may not be built may get an update in your favor soon but then transport seems to be a significant constraint now no doubt magnified by the Felicity Ace event. I’m curious if there is a shipping hold until the root cause of the fire is determined.
Old 02-22-2022, 11:15 AM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Received 752 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
All,

Mine is showing on Level (3) conveying Scheduled for Production with an "Actual date of milestone completion of 2/11/2022".

Does that mean it has been completed??

Also showing a delivery date of 4/22 to Chicago.
There should be pictures of your car on that first tracker .
Old 02-22-2022, 11:17 AM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Received 752 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by icanthelpit
Aha then it may not be built may get an update in your favor soon but then transport seems to be a significant constraint now no doubt magnified by the Felicity Ace event. I’m curious if there is a shipping hold until the root cause of the fire is determined.
Thats what I guessed it was . A Macan Forum member just posted that he was told this . The concern is a repeat event .
Old 02-22-2022, 11:26 AM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,647 Likes on 778 Posts

Originally Posted by icanthelpit
I would be surprised - maybe not shocked but at least surprised - if all car manufacturers put a shipping hold on their cars pending a determination that is likely to take several months to conclude.
Old 02-22-2022, 11:55 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,096 Likes on 655 Posts

In Emden since 01/27. Now "2 months" to PEC.
Not happy doesn't quite capture the mood.
Old 02-22-2022, 05:02 PM
mbisaac
Track Day

Received 24 Likes on 6 Posts

I got the same message but tracker also identified the Green Ridge. Maybe it made it on afterall. Calling my SA
Old 02-22-2022, 06:35 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,099 Likes on 2,995 Posts

Originally Posted by yrralis1
You need to keep checking . They may not have updated Taycan yet
I’m still tracking to being on a boat on 2/25. My carrier will be coming through the Port of Baltimore.

I suspect that the port matters with these delays.
Old 02-22-2022, 07:58 PM
Riazah
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Mine is on the way to emden with a target date to be on a vessel by 3/8. I was hoping it may just make it for the siem confucius which is estimated to depart tomorrow for Baltimore . Here is hoping but unlikely. TYD has been updating for me daily but the overview is still showing phase 2 for some reason. I am sensing TYD is more accurate
Old 02-23-2022, 01:36 AM
Hylas
6th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

It's pretty ridiculous, but mine is even more than ridiculous.

I ordered my cabriolet last year in May, supposed to be a July build and September delivery. Production was quite delayed and my car did not finish production until late August, and then got to Emden on 9/25/2021. It was then supposed to arrive by end of October. And now the crazy thing starts: the "On Vessel" date kept being pushed, from October, to November, December, January. February, and after just missing the 2/18/22 date last Friday, it got updated to 3/18/22. So my car has been sitting at Emden for almost half a year, and I still don't know if the car will actually get on vessel in March, or maybe even later.

I talked with my dealer several times and they don't have any clue what can be happening. I contacted PCNA today and they don't have clue either but promised to look into it to get more information.

Not sure what's going on, I hope you all don't have to go through this.
The following 4 users liked this post by Hylas:
detansinn (02-23-2022), Mef0006 (02-23-2022), NigelPlays (02-23-2022), rouxeny (02-24-2022)
Old 02-23-2022, 08:54 AM
doug_999
Rennlist Member

Received 838 Likes on 429 Posts

And now there is one less boat.

Old 02-23-2022, 11:12 AM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,647 Likes on 778 Posts

Originally Posted by Hylas

I ordered my cabriolet last year in May, supposed to be a July build and September delivery. Production was quite delayed and my car did not finish production until late August, and then got to Emden on 9/25/2021. It was then supposed to arrive by end of October. And now the crazy thing starts: the "On Vessel" date kept being pushed, from October, to November, December, January. February, and after just missing the 2/18/22 date last Friday, it got updated to 3/18/22. So my car has been sitting at Emden for almost half a year, and I still don't know if the car will actually get on vessel in March, or maybe even later.

I talked with my dealer several times and they don't have any clue what can be happening. I contacted PCNA today and they don't have clue either but promised to look into it to get more information.

That needs some serious escalation. I would ask for a sit down with the most senior person (owner if possible) at the dealership and the most senior rep you can reach at PCNA. I am not suggesting be an aggressive dick, but it is definitely time to be a much more (politely and diplomatically) squeaky wheel. The initial production delays during a pandemic are not necessarily outrageous, but the further delays seem indicative of an issue that is not being communicated.
The following 2 users liked this post by Drew46:
Hylas (02-23-2022), mikey94025 (02-23-2022)
Old 02-23-2022, 01:15 PM
porscheprestige
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Hylas

My guess in situations like this...is that they are missing parts. Or a part...
Cars that are completed...but missing one piece or more, are shipped to port while waiting for the parts. Sometimes are even shipped to the destination country and wait for parts there...
Old 02-23-2022, 02:56 PM
Hylas
6th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by porscheprestige
My guess in situations like this...is that they are missing parts. Or a part...
Cars that are completed...but missing one piece or more, are shipped to port while waiting for the parts. Sometimes are even shipped to the destination country and wait for parts there...
That's what the dealer said too. But then 6 months later, even they are surprised and said this never happened.

One thing they said is they heard from someone that the car key was missing (since we only produce one key per car at this point, they couldn't move to the car). And they had to reprogram a car key so it got delayed. But that sounds really weird to me.
Old 02-23-2022, 03:32 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,842 Likes on 1,494 Posts

It really is luck of the draw. My last car arrived at the port and was on a ship within a couple of days.

Quick Reply: I am delayed one month