Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport Cats VS Cat Bypass

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2022, 09:58 PM
Andy2021
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 36 Posts

Thank you so much, Richard. I’ll be better prepared to make it as easy as possible for them to do it for me. I appreciate it.

You wouldn’t believe it, but when I first called my svc rep to ask about getting this done, I told him I didn’t have the PSE on my car - in the process of my explanation. So, he tells me he’ll return my call after he speaks with the mechanic. Twenty minutes later, he calls me back and tells me his mechanic doesn’t know what PSE is and neither does he. Wow.

And I only referred to the PSE and PCM in my convo with him to speak their language.

I’d really appreciate it if you wouldn’t mind posting a link to your post with the instructions on how to do it. In the meantime, I’ll see if I can find it. Thanks again.

Last edited by Andy2021; 02-17-2022 at 09:59 PM.
Old 02-18-2022, 09:50 AM
centaur
Banned

Received 81 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by mksz51
And you wonder why there's a common stereotype of Porsche owners being arrogant and generally "above it all". You must not have children, grandchildren or any care for the future we're giving to the rest of the world. My condolences.
Label much? Sounds like you are well signed on to the stereotypes you describe.
I have children thank you very much and my brain has not been twisted to the degree where I point the finger of goodness at those who fail to follow the marching orders that you obviously do.
Sorry to see that you have such distain for Porsche enthusiasts.
I'm going down to the garage right now and replace my sport catalytics which will pass inspection with the OEMs and save the planet. LOL!

Last edited by centaur; 02-18-2022 at 03:29 PM.
Old 02-18-2022, 11:35 AM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,614 Likes on 819 Posts

Originally Posted by mksz51
Bypass = illegal = "F-You Mother Nature". Some people actually care about stuff like that.
Well, you could always just hold your breath.

I kid, I kid.....

Please lighten up, guys
Old 02-18-2022, 01:57 PM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,970 Likes on 798 Posts

As a person who has ran full catless in the past in one of my cars, my thoguhts are, there's really no point to do that. Even if you don't care about pollution in general, I would prefer not to deal with the smell and the addt'l hassle of the car paint getting stained from running catless. The hp increase btw catless and sport cats is minimal at best and it is very unlikely anybody could tell the seat of the pants difference. So, if running high performance cats prevents the terrible smell, staining and also helps with the environment, why not just go with those? I suppose if one wants to "own the libs" like those truck owners who run those super polluting exhausts that spew black smoke in the air, full catless may make sense for those people.
The following 2 users liked this post by AlterZgo:
peterdouglas (02-18-2022), SamD (02-18-2022)
Old 06-14-2022, 12:35 PM
Char1982
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy2021
I own a 2021 Carrera S and after waiting about 8 weeks, just received and installed the Fabspeed sport cats. I’m very happy with them. Super easy to install. I don’t have PSE intentionally, because preferred to go after-market for the exhaust system. In the meantime, I wanted to hear how it sounded with the sport cats only, before deciding to purchase the Fabspeed exhaust.

I decided to purchase the Fabspeed exhaust too and after speaking with a sales rep at Fabspeed today, he explained that because my Porsche doesn’t have PSE, it doesn’t have the PSE button that controls the valves to open/close. He said I could still install the exhaust. He said all I have to do is switch the valve controllers/motors from the stock exhaust to the new exhaust before installing the exhaust in the car.

Then he said I will have to take it to the dealership, where they can program the PCM for PSE. He said doing so will also create a feature in the PCM display that will allow me to control the exhaust valves.

I called my dealership and spoke with my svc rep and explained the above. He called me back after speaking with a Porsche mechanic and said they can do it, but it would cost anywhere from $450 to $1,200 depending on what issues my arise in the process.

Does this sound correct? Thank you.
how did your car sound after installing only the sport cats? Im non-pse too..

Quick Reply: Sport Cats VS Cat Bypass