Sponsored by:

Sprint Booster

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2022, 03:29 PM
rm4enjoyit
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Sprint Booster

I have sure noticed a difference in the throttle response of my 4S depending on which mode I have selected. Makes me wonder if there is even more to be gained. A friend recently mentioned that he installs a Sprint Booster on all his cars.

Just curious has anyone installed a Sprint Booster on their ride and if so how do you like it?

Thanks
Old 02-05-2022, 06:14 PM
malba2366
Burning Brakes

Received 750 Likes on 423 Posts

Originally Posted by rm4enjoyit
I have sure noticed a difference in the throttle response of my 4S depending on which mode I have selected. Makes me wonder if there is even more to be gained. A friend recently mentioned that he installs a Sprint Booster on all his cars.

Just curious has anyone installed a Sprint Booster on their ride and if so how do you like it?

Thanks
Those things are worthless...I would trust Porsche's throttle calibration more than someone selling a $280 device on the internet.
The following users liked this post:
TheStanman (02-06-2022)
Old 02-05-2022, 06:55 PM
null
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by rm4enjoyit

Thanks
My understanding is that it simply fakes throttle position. That is, no different then just pushing the pedal farther down.
The following users liked this post:
dhirm5 (02-06-2022)
Old 02-06-2022, 08:45 PM
gatorfast
Pro

Received 456 Likes on 259 Posts

The sprint booster is great. I have used them on many cars and always was happy.
Old 02-06-2022, 09:09 PM
dhirm5
Rennlist Member

Received 1,455 Likes on 799 Posts

The sprint booster does nothing other than exaggerate the throttle position. I have never understood why anyone wanted one. The throttle map changes between normal, sport, and sport+ anyway.
Old 09-02-2022, 06:06 PM
qikqbn
Rennlist Member

Received 539 Likes on 297 Posts

Just added this to my Boxster S that does not have sport button. Wow, to my surprise, night and day difference in throttle response with the booster added. This does NOT add horsepower, but when activated makes the car feel so much more torquey and powerful down low, due to the faster throttle opening when sport/race is activated. I have factory sport/chrono on my 911 C4S and Cayman S. I actually like the sprint booster's response and ability to fine tune the throttle settings more than the oem factory sport button. At $290 bucks, it is worth every penny if your car does not come with sport/chrono button from factory. Made me laugh out loud because it was fun to feel the difference.. Race mode is almost too sensitive. First time I used race mode it caught me by surprise, because it revs up so fast and it is tough to pull away from stop, but you can dial it back as needed. Sport mode is just about right out of the box.

Last edited by qikqbn; 09-02-2022 at 06:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster