Sponsored by:

Lost key fob only have Valet

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2022, 07:24 PM
VadGTI
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SchnellFowVay
The Car Lounge descends upon Rennlist for questioning the almighty Smooremin!!!

Old 01-17-2022, 07:57 PM
icanthelpit
Burning Brakes

Received 876 Likes on 416 Posts

Wow the key locker was broken into because of the key fob shortage. I buy that.

OP only folks that can help work for Porsche and they’ll need what has been mentioned above. Proof of ownership, police report of actual property theft. Expedited replacement maybe but ONLY if you have proper, legal proof the car is yours. Otherwise you are SOL.

Last edited by icanthelpit; 01-17-2022 at 07:58 PM.
Old 01-17-2022, 08:25 PM
Metal-Man
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by malba2366
Because people who are trying to steal a car or have stolen one post this kind of thing somewhat frequently on here and other auto forums.
Lower it.
Old 01-17-2022, 09:09 PM
Hostile
6th Gear

This post is very shady.
Settle down Columbo, OP is legit.
Old 01-17-2022, 09:11 PM
Hostile
6th Gear

Originally Posted by icanthelpit;[url=tel:17912608
17912608[/url]]Wow the key locker was broken into because of the key fob shortage. I buy that.
Its a lot easier to steal a few dozen keys that are worth $500 a pop (or more) online.
Old 01-17-2022, 11:28 PM
SchnellFowVay
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by icanthelpit
Wow the key locker was broken into because of the key fob shortage. I buy that.

OP only folks that can help work for Porsche and they’ll need what has been mentioned above. Proof of ownership, police report of actual property theft. Expedited replacement maybe but ONLY if you have proper, legal proof the car is yours. Otherwise you are SOL.
Actually nobody said that. The key locker was raided by smash and grab thieves. AND AS A RESULT OF THE KEY SHORTAGE, getting a replacement will take a bit longer.

Also, OP doesn't own the car (yet). He manages a luxury European dealership (Not Porsche, but a sister brand - - - think very closely about that) in Chicago. He, as manager, wants to buy the car from the dealership. But there's no key. There's also no easy way to get the car off the third floor of the dealership (because it is in Chicago, so it is a "vertical" dealership with multiple levels.

Given that his call to his franchise Porsche dealer was fruitless, he thought maybe someone in here might have a better way to move the car without tripping the immobilizer. Turns out (not shockingly), that most Rennlisters are much more adept at discussing deviated stitching than actually have mechanical/technical answers for issues. I guess that was his fault for not thinking of this beforehand.

EDIT: I do not know why I am so worked up over this, but I am. Just because the Porsche dealer doesn't think there's a way to move this car does not mean that there isn't an alternate method. For a while after the 987 Boxster/Cayman were released, Porsche claimed the only way to change spark plugs was to drop the engine. Then someone figured out, that just like with the 986, all you had to do was take off the rear wheel well covers and you could change the spark plugs that way. Porsche dealers do not know everything -- that's why technical forums exist.

Last edited by SchnellFowVay; 01-17-2022 at 11:41 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by SchnellFowVay:
abarthguy (01-19-2022), Hostile (01-18-2022), MylesPH (02-07-2022)
Old 01-17-2022, 11:35 PM
breny4104
Rennlist Member

Received 449 Likes on 280 Posts

I'm sure the OP is legit but in today's world with phishing, etc., you can''t be too careful. "the check's in the mail." LOL.
Sounds like he has all of the right connections to get a key overnighted to him.
Old 01-17-2022, 11:56 PM
malba2366
Burning Brakes

Received 728 Likes on 413 Posts

Originally Posted by SchnellFowVay
Actually nobody said that. The key locker was raided by smash and grab thieves. AND AS A RESULT OF THE KEY SHORTAGE, getting a replacement will take a bit longer.

Also, OP doesn't own the car (yet). He manages a luxury European dealership (Not Porsche, but a sister brand - - - think very closely about that) in Chicago. He, as manager, wants to buy the car from the dealership. But there's no key. There's also no easy way to get the car off the third floor of the dealership (because it is in Chicago, so it is a "vertical" dealership with multiple levels.

Given that his call to his franchise Porsche dealer was fruitless, he thought maybe someone in here might have a better way to move the car without tripping the immobilizer. Turns out (not shockingly), that most Rennlisters are much more adept at discussing deviated stitching than actually have mechanical/technical answers for issues. I guess that was his fault for not thinking of this beforehand.

EDIT: I do not know why I am so worked up over this, but I am. Just because the Porsche dealer doesn't think there's a way to move this car does not mean that there isn't an alternate method. For a while after the 987 Boxster/Cayman were released, Porsche claimed the only way to change spark plugs was to drop the engine. Then someone figured out, that just like with the 986, all you had to do was take off the rear wheel well covers and you could change the spark plugs that way. Porsche dealers do not know everything -- that's why technical forums exist.
Lol... proving why the Tesla sales model is the way forward. Car dealers are too busy cooking up scams and ways to overcharge customers instead of learning about the products they are selling.

Last edited by malba2366; 01-17-2022 at 11:57 PM.
Old 01-18-2022, 02:14 AM
icanthelpit
Burning Brakes

Received 876 Likes on 416 Posts

Notice multiple OP supporter's post counts? Troll invasion?

Last edited by icanthelpit; 01-18-2022 at 02:19 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Steve 96C4S (01-18-2022)
Old 01-18-2022, 02:20 AM
kiznarsh
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by icanthelpit
Notice the OP supporter's post counts? Troll invasion?
What's wrong with my post count? I feel like it's a nice post count.

If you're referring to the other 2, I know them as well. Yes they're new to RL but trolls they are not. One of them even supports the brand. Ask him about his license plate frame.
Old 01-18-2022, 02:33 AM
Hostile
6th Gear

Lol... proving why the Tesla sales model is the way forward. Car dealers are too busy cooking up scams and ways to overcharge customers instead of learning about the products they are selling.
Tesla doesn’t scam people…

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 01-18-2022, 02:35 AM
Hostile
6th Gear

Originally Posted by icanthelpit;[url=tel:17913247
17913247[/url]]Notice multiple OP supporter's post counts? Troll invasion?
It’s the regular members here being the trolls.
Old 01-18-2022, 03:29 AM
VadGTI
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by kiznarsh
What's wrong with my post count? I feel like it's a nice post count.
I must confess that I feel somewhat inferior due to my low post count.
Old 01-18-2022, 10:40 AM
malba2366
Burning Brakes

Received 728 Likes on 413 Posts

Originally Posted by Hostile
Tesla doesn’t scam people…

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I don't care for the cars, but their sales process is pretty transparent, you know exactly what you are getting. No ADM added on at the last minute, no "paint protection" scams, no financing scams, no warranty scams etc.
Old 01-18-2022, 11:30 AM
ryandarr1979
Three Wheelin'

Received 836 Likes on 417 Posts

When I bought my 992, it came with two fobs shaped like little 992s. Inside both fobs, there is a removable key to lock the glovebox and get into the car should a dead battery occur. For valet purposes, you remove the little metal key and give the fob to the valet so they cannot access locking compartments. If you need a replacement fob, I believe at least one fob present is necessary to program additional fobs, but the Porsche service dept would be able to confirm. I previously bought a 991.2 CPO and it only had one key. I had to have the dealer order me a second key which took a few weeks. I couldn't just order a fob and get it programmed. Not sure if the 992 is different or not. I am certain there are contingencies in the event that both fobs are lost/stolen/dsetroyed, but PCNA would likely need to get involved. Yes, providing the VIN, proof of ownership, etc. would be required. I am also certain that it would likely be a slow process. Contact PCNA at 1800 PORSCHE and explain the situation. They will be more assistance than rennlist.

Last edited by ryandarr1979; 01-18-2022 at 11:32 AM.

Quick Reply: Lost key fob only have Valet