Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VAR Fender vents for 992?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2022 | 01:29 AM
jnkirk1974
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mksz51
I think the "purpose" of the vents is an interesting question. I doubt it's for tire cooling - I could see it enhancing brake cooling. I could also see it as a means for reducing lift and drag on the front end from air that could be trapped at high speed. Would love to know the definitive answer to this. I had a C7 Corvette and GM made a big deal about the overall functionality of each and every vent on the vehicle - if I recall correctly some WERE for enhancing the exit of air to reduce lift / improve aerodynamics at high speed.
The second answer is correct. It is to eliminate a high pressure area within that part of the car. I’m not aware of it having anything to do with cooling. That’s actually the first I’ve ever heard of that.
Old 01-16-2022 | 02:39 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I was just looking for feedback re. the slats. Eliminating trapped air seems to be the reason for them which could cause the front to lift.

@SBAD ,yep, on non-tracked cars or GT3s it's bling, but then again so are fancy rims, an aerokit... it's all in the eye of the beholder.

siberian

Quick Reply: VAR Fender vents for 992?