Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BMW isn't a car

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2022, 02:45 PM
reddsektor
Pro

Received 509 Likes on 262 Posts

So basically spend my hard earned 150k, shut up and drive without voicing some issues .… yea not a chance 🙄
Old 01-02-2022, 02:51 PM
Raybold7
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by reddsektor
So basically spend my hard earned 150k, shut up and drive without voicing some issues .… yea not a chance 🙄
Well that all depends on the issues. If you’re going to say the fuel filler cap is heavier than your last car, don’t bother. If it’s something that affects us all or we’re all interested in, go for it.
Old 01-02-2022, 02:55 PM
icanthelpit
Burning Brakes

Received 876 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by CodyBigdog
This site is so full of posters seeking affirmation, of one form or another, that their choice is “right”? Yawn
Spot on! Ask for opinion but really seek affirmation.

Also many “questions” asked can be simply answered by consulting the owners manual. But this is the snowflake infested world we live in. Cradle to grave handholding.
Old 01-02-2022, 02:59 PM
Raybold7
Advanced

Originally Posted by icanthelpit

Also many “questions” asked can be simply answered by consulting the owners manual. But this is the snowflake infested world we live in. Cradle to grave handholding.
Agreed. And what is the deal with pictures of tyres with screws or bolts in them? It’s a puncture, get it repaired/replaced and move on.
Old 01-02-2022, 03:08 PM
icanthelpit
Burning Brakes

Received 876 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by Raybold7
Agreed. And what is the deal with pictures of tyres with screws or bolts in them? It’s a puncture, get it repaired/replaced and move on.
Windscreens with distortions
When to change oil
Door panel wrinkles
the list goes on and on…to call this forum a “technical discussion area” is silly these days
just have to wonder how many are posers and how many really have the cars or a snowball’s chance in hell to acquire one
The following users liked this post:
kgs365 (01-02-2022)
Old 01-02-2022, 03:19 PM
Raybold7
Advanced

Windscreens with distortions
When to change oil
Door panel wrinkles
the list goes on and on…to call this forum a “technical discussion area” is silly these days
just have to wonder how many are posers and how many really have the cars or a snowball’s chance in hell to acquire one
Yep, 100% with you on this. And then when you do have a genuine technical question, crickets, zip, nada.

Posers wanting to show off but actually know very little technically. Such a shame.
Old 01-02-2022, 03:21 PM
dhirm5
Rennlist Member

Received 1,455 Likes on 799 Posts

lol
Old 01-02-2022, 07:19 PM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Received 3,199 Likes on 1,373 Posts

The very few threads I have responded to entitled "Look at my build, opinions please" have all been met with "I like the __________, they're only $ and I think I need this option" after I've written why I wouldn't build my car like they have. I give up and as you so rightly point out, OP is merely looking for affirmation, not our opinions.

Last edited by Scott P; 01-02-2022 at 07:22 PM.
Tedster (01-03-2022)
Old 01-02-2022, 07:36 PM
Porsche992
Pro

Received 417 Likes on 156 Posts

You know what, for all the B1tch, Moaning, Whining (BMW) that goes on here, I'm amazed that anyone buys a Porsche. You would think they are the worst cars in the world listening to the gripes of some.

I've ordered mine because I love the brand, I love the look, I love the car, and I feel connected even though it's not been built yet. I couldn't give a rats a$$ if the clocks don't look like they used to. I really don't care how the dashboard or buttons scroll. If it took me 20 attempts to set the car up to have the car open the garage door for me, woe is poor me. If the exhaust doesn't make the right sound, I don't care. If the indicators are too clunky or the wipers don't clear fast enough, or the seat belt buckle is too sharp or the tyres make too high pitched a noise, I'm not bothered one iota.

I love the 911, and I adore this model, and I will never complain about anything in it or on it because I chose to spend my hard earned on it. Porsche pay designers handsomely to work out what is best for them and the driver; then we get to purchase it. No not everything is perfect, and yes they make improvements, but they are the experts, we are just drivers and every single one of us will do something differently, and they try to cater for all of us. Just think how tough a job that is.

So if your side windows defrosted quicker in your 991, great. If your slide along heating control in your 930 never failed, awesome. I'm happy for you. I'm also happy that I am privileged enough to own the car of my dreams and whilst it may not do 200 miles on a single gallon of fuel, I won't lose any sleep over it; it is what it is.
The reason Porsche or any company makes improvements to their cars is because people are never 100% satified. Engineers are never satisfied either.. If people didnt complain they would not be as great as they are. Its about fullfiling needs. I remember 0-60 in 5 seconds was blazing fast, its slow now adays. Why? Because people wanted faster lap times. Etc etc we are lucky most people are not like you or we may have been stuck with really bad cars
Old 01-02-2022, 07:47 PM
av12345
Rennlist Member

Received 248 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Chief F1 Fan
The very few threads I have responded to entitled "Look at my build, opinions please" have all been met with "I like the __________, they're only $ and I think I need this option" after I've written why I wouldn't build my car like they have. I give up and as you so rightly point out, OP is merely looking for affirmation, not our opinions.
I think this is a bit harsh - many people on here want legitimate opinions (I was one of them). I recognize most options (if not all) come down to personal taste but it’s still good to hear at times what people see as the pros and cons - at the very least it can help make sure you think through the decision a bit more from a few different angles. If people on here are having a good discussion on a thread (even if it’s the 100th PDCC question on here) I see no harm - if you don’t want to waste time on opinion threads or the like then skip them. Speaking of… this is obviously my opinion
Go Bruins (01-03-2022)
Old 01-02-2022, 07:59 PM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Received 3,199 Likes on 1,373 Posts

^^ which is exactly what I do now, skip over those "I need affirmation on my build" threads.
PHX (01-02-2022)
Old 01-02-2022, 08:04 PM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Received 518 Likes on 304 Posts

^^ which is exactly what I do now, skip over those "I need affirmation on my build" threads.
Ditto. Those who really want and appreciate feedback ate few and far between. At the same time, the way “opinions “ are provided as gospel truth leaves more than a little to be desired. Those threads deteriorate quickly.
peterdouglas (01-03-2022)
Old 01-02-2022, 08:31 PM
PHX
Burning Brakes

Received 668 Likes on 434 Posts

and the comments in threads that always say "blah blah blah reference the OP's post, however I HAVE BUILT THIS AND IT IS AMAZING" ... the ole' humble brag posts.
Old 01-02-2022, 09:02 PM
Staffie Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,390 Likes on 671 Posts

Well that all depends on the issues. If you’re going to say the fuel filler cap is heavier than your last car, don’t bother. If it’s something that affects us all or we’re all interested in, go for it.
I don't think you have the right to decide what issues should or should not bother people.
CurbKiller (01-05-2022)
Old 01-02-2022, 10:08 PM
phila12180
Racer

Received 183 Likes on 116 Posts

I would agree that some of the posts maybe a bit pointless, and some we may not like or disagree with, which is fine. It is a forum, and anyone can talk about what they want, as people have here complained about the posts they don't like. If you don't like a post / thread don't read it, complaining about it is as bad as putting up a "stupid" post.
slwong23 (01-03-2022)

Quick Reply: BMW isn't a car