Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When can we expect new/changes options for ‘23?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2021, 12:08 PM
Iamlost
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 25 Posts
Default When can we expect new/changes options for ‘23?

I’m expecting my allocation this summer; but new to Porsche timelines.

Any idea when we can expect to see what new options/changes they are going to make for ‘23?

Any guess if I should be expecting a model year 22 or 23?
The following users liked this post:
Gigio (11-26-2021)
Old 11-24-2021, 12:53 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,817 Likes on 950 Posts

Originally Posted by Iamlost
I’m expecting my allocation this summer; but new to Porsche timelines.

Any idea when we can expect to see what new options/changes they are going to make for ‘23?

Any guess if I should be expecting a model year 22 or 23?
If your allocation comes in with the build date after June/July it will likely be a 2023. The year turns over in the summer, last week of July or 1st week of August. I think it closes down for a couple weeks to retool, etc. If you don't get an allocation until summer, your freeze date will be 4-6 weeks later and your production date will likely fall into the post switchover timeframe meaning a 2023.

No idea on what changes are coming. Usually they are quite minor. Expect a price bump. 2021-2022 was about a $2k jump. It could be more this year. If you can get a 2022 allocation and lock in current MSRP I would do that. Porsche undoubtedly has faced issues and is seeing the ADM charged by dealers. That ADM may transition from the dealers to Porsche if they try to make up lost ground on the supply chain challenges and include a more modest $5-7k price bump. Then again that would be pretty ballsy.
Old 11-24-2021, 01:26 PM
Iamlost
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 25 Posts

This is great info. Thanks.

When can we expect seeing what the 23 options will be? Basically, I’m trying to figure out if I would want to push to find a way in to a 22 (call more dealers); or if there would be a must-have in the 23.

Old 11-24-2021, 02:29 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,134 Likes on 3,006 Posts

I would expect that the '23 model is going to bring with it a more substantial price bump given global inflation and supply issues.

As for updates, they gave the '22 cars a totally new PCM -- that's a pretty dramatic change typically saved for a .2 refresh. I would not expect them to make another such leap in a consecutive model year. Porsche is pretty conservative company.

With that being said, I would expect the following for the MY23 cars...
  • Some options won't be available due to supplier constraints. Porsche is going to stop offering a power adjustable steering column instead of having to do a bunch of IOUs and future retrofits. One included key may well also become the standard for the Base car.
  • You won't see any MSRP changes for any feature deletes on packages.
  • As we've seen with the '22s, you will continue to see S allocations harder to come by than Base or GTS cars. Porsche makes more money with the GTS and they've done this kind of thing before.
  • No manual for the Base car or a Carrera T yet. Demand is so high that there's no need to do this.
  • ADMs will be even higher than they were this year.
Old 11-29-2021, 09:00 AM
Mikster
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts

I’d expect by March 2022 you’ll see the changes of options and pricing in the configurator.
M
Old 11-29-2021, 09:03 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,104 Likes on 663 Posts

And possibly a new color to replace NBM.
Old 11-29-2021, 10:13 AM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 1,029 Likes on 589 Posts

i won't be surprised if we see a big jump in price , may be 5-8 k because of inflation
but to soften the blow they will include couple of options as standard features. That tactic always work
The following users liked this post:
rk-d (11-29-2021)
Old 11-29-2021, 10:20 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,470 Likes on 2,814 Posts

Originally Posted by pitt911
i won't be surprised if we see a big jump in price , may be 5-8 k because of inflation
but to soften the blow they will include couple of options as standard features. That tactic always work
Via Jalopnik. Interesting graphic. Porsche is almost certainly going to play catch up with inflation. $5-8k is probably a fair bet. There is a big mental hurdle if they push it to +$10k.

They might make some slight changes with the interior. Small things, like the seat back pull or some changes in the door card to cut down on the rattles. Nothing too dramatic.

The following 2 users liked this post by rk-d:
laurenxesq (11-29-2021), Mikster (11-29-2021)
Old 11-29-2021, 03:39 PM
ctdubl07
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by pitt911
Considnering it can all be done by simple programing, I would say another zero margin impact change could be a HP bump.
Understanding this is something often saved for ".2" , swallowing another 5% increase in cost could be softened by the base going from 380 to say 395 plus as mentioned above, a few previous options, now thrown in.

Now for someone like me whos next chance for an allocation is Feb, meaning at best an early summer delv and over a 1 year wait since my deposit, that would be like 1000 papercuts!...Id finally get my car only to learn that a car built 30 days later has more HP!!

Last edited by ctdubl07; 11-29-2021 at 03:44 PM.
Old 11-30-2021, 03:45 AM
xsnv
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ctdubl07
Considnering it can all be done by simple programing, I would say another zero margin impact change could be a HP bump.
Understanding this is something often saved for ".2" , swallowing another 5% increase in cost could be softened by the base going from 380 to say 395 plus as mentioned above, a few previous options, now thrown in.

Now for someone like me whos next chance for an allocation is Feb, meaning at best an early summer delv and over a 1 year wait since my deposit, that would be like 1000 papercuts!...Id finally get my car only to learn that a car built 30 days later has more HP!!
I'm in a similar situation. Car is expected to arrive around May and at this point I'm wondering if it's worth waiting a few months for a MY23. The two causes of concern are the rumour that all cars (for all regions) could have the OPF filter in and the price bump.

I'll be keeping an eye out for this, would appreciate any info if anyone finds any.

Quick Reply: When can we expect new/changes options for ‘23?