Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Connect issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2021 | 11:56 AM
jk96
Track Day

Default Porsche Connect issue

I picked up my new 992 about 10 days ago. I have been having problems with Porsche Connect. I received an email to confirm my vehicle ownership (Porsche Connect account) which is needed to set up PCM. When I attempt to confirm my ownership, a confirmation code is sent. Unfortunately, the phone number is wrong and the dealer is unable to change this. The dealership has reached out to PCNA and they are looking into it. I just spoke to my dealer and was told that 2 Taycans that went out last week had similar issues.

Anyone experience the same or have any insight?

Thanks!
Old 11-23-2021 | 12:32 PM
Go Bruins
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jk96
I picked up my new 992 about 10 days ago. I have been having problems with Porsche Connect. I received an email to confirm my vehicle ownership (Porsche Connect account) which is needed to set up PCM. When I attempt to confirm my ownership, a confirmation code is sent. Unfortunately, the phone number is wrong and the dealer is unable to change this. The dealership has reached out to PCNA and they are looking into it. I just spoke to my dealer and was told that 2 Taycans that went out last week had similar issues.

Anyone experience the same or have any insight?

Thanks!
Same thing going on with me. Except my phone number is correct. But I never get the confirmation code. I emailed customer service. They got back to me right away, confirming my cell phone number. Once that was done, they told me to try again. I did, but the same problem persists. So, clearly, it's something they are dealing with on more than just us.
Old 11-23-2021 | 01:13 PM
Fcassells
Instructor

One of the contributing factors to me getting rid of my 2020 Taycan was Porsche connect … what a steaming pile of half baked connectivity, dumbfounded tech support who apparently have zero understanding of their own network and figure “Letting the car go to sleep “ corrects all woes.

with my upcoming GTS I’m hoping to disassociate from all things connect and maybe “connect” with the actual car this time. 🧐
Old 11-23-2021 | 01:31 PM
breny4104
Rennlist Member

Can you change your phone number in the Personal Data page of your myPorsche account on the web?
Old 11-23-2021 | 02:15 PM
jk96
Track Day

Originally Posted by breny4104
Can you change your phone number in the Personal Data page of your myPorsche account on the web?
My phone number is correct in the personal data. The dealer has also tried to resend me the email with the correct phone number, but it always is listed wrong.
Old 11-23-2021 | 02:25 PM
icanthelpit
Burning Brakes

I'd try calling PCNA directly. They may be able to get you going faster than going through the dealership.
Old 11-23-2021 | 04:41 PM
Sharky114
Intermediate

Originally Posted by icanthelpit
I'd try calling PCNA directly. They may be able to get you going faster than going through the dealership.

Had the exact same problem last week. Traded in my 2021 Taycan 4s for a 2020 992 CS. I emailed the customer service of Porsche Connect. No reply.

In the end after multiple login attempts....without getting a text message, I made a new connect account with a different email, same telephone number. This did the trick and I received the text message at my cell phone.
However signing in in the car is still problematic. I decided not to sign in for Porsche Connect in the car and this works flawlessly.

Old 11-23-2021 | 06:24 PM
westsiderkg
Racer

Mine was goobered up yesterday, code was not accepting. Seems to work OK today though.
Old 11-23-2021 | 08:23 PM
4carl
Race Car

it took them 4 months to get mine sorted out. once the free trial is over im done with it. what a joke ! carl

Quick Reply: Porsche Connect issue