Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2021, 12:21 AM
hmkilla
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GTS interior vs leather

Hi

id love your guys input on the GTS interior package vs standard leather

i am not sure I love the race tex but only saw it on this review. In particular the picture of the glove box looks funky. https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2...9-624321d47f6a

i am debating between gentian blue with slate grey interior (like the stock images for the Cab s) or black GTS interior

any advice would be much appreciated
Old 11-07-2021, 01:11 AM
Bread Pitt
Advanced

Received 73 Likes on 29 Posts

I'm debating this myself. Right now I've decided to go for the "Leather/Race-Tex Interior with Leather Seat Centers". I think it's a nice combo of both the leather and race-tex which to me seems unique for the GTS (I could be wrong though). I'm curious to hear other people's thoughts on this as well.

The following users liked this post:
KO7 (11-08-2021)
Old 11-07-2021, 01:47 AM
Lander911
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Bread Pitt
I'm debating this myself. Right now I've decided to go for the "Leather/Race-Tex Interior with Leather Seat Centers". I think it's a nice combo of both the leather and race-tex which to me seems unique for the GTS (I could be wrong though). I'm curious to hear other people's thoughts on this as well.
I went with that same option for my GTS. Also optioned the leather steering wheel. I like some Race-Tex, but not everywhere.
Old 11-07-2021, 06:55 AM
ENCT
Rennlist Member

Received 359 Likes on 185 Posts

I went leather interior with race-tex headliner, sun visor, and seatbelt trim. That's enough race-tex for me. Also wanted the ventilated seats.
KO7 (11-08-2021)
Old 11-07-2021, 07:09 AM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Received 757 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by hmkilla
Hi

id love your guys input on the GTS interior package vs standard leather

i am not sure I love the race tex but only saw it on this review. In particular the picture of the glove box looks funky. https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2...9-624321d47f6a

i am debating between gentian blue with slate grey interior (like the stock images for the Cab s) or black GTS interior

any advice would be much appreciated
I have the GTS interior on my 991.2GTS and love it ! After 47K miles and 5 years it does not have even one crease . I find it cooler than the leather seats in my Macan even with the ventilation . Himidity has me stuck in the Macan even before the vents come to life . I am getting it again . I almost cut it for price reasons and put it back . The is only one slight adjustment .. I got the Gt steering wheel in leather . I prefer leather to the hand touch .

Last edited by yrralis1; 11-07-2021 at 07:10 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by yrralis1:
Fcassells (11-08-2021), shrimp money (11-07-2021)
Old 11-07-2021, 07:54 AM
hmkilla
AutoX

Originally Posted by yrralis1
I have the GTS interior on my 991.2GTS and love it ! After 47K miles and 5 years it does not have even one crease . I find it cooler than the leather seats in my Macan even with the ventilation . Himidity has me stuck in the Macan even before the vents come to life . I am getting it again . I almost cut it for price reasons and put it back . The is only one slight adjustment .. I got the Gt steering wheel in leather . I prefer leather to the hand touch .
thanks for that info. Any chance you can send me a picture of the glove box cover? Is that also RT?

good point on the steering wheel

i watched this video which absolutely vilifies Alcantara
Old 11-07-2021, 08:12 AM
Denny Swift
Rennlist Member

Received 1,580 Likes on 667 Posts

I debated this too. But my Spyder’s interior is nearly identical (in material) to the GTS interior of the GTS. I like it a lot, but I want something different in the GTS. I think leather is more “elegant”, whereas the GTS/race tech is a more raw look and feel. Therefore, I think it suits my Spyder perfectly, but would be a bit out of place in a 992.
Old 11-07-2021, 08:52 AM
hmkilla
AutoX

Originally Posted by Denny Swift
I debated this too. But my Spyder’s interior is nearly identical (in material) to the GTS interior of the GTS. I like it a lot, but I want something different in the GTS. I think leather is more “elegant”, whereas the GTS/race tech is a more raw look and feel. Therefore, I think it suits my Spyder perfectly, but would be a bit out of place in a 992.

I know this is the 991, but does it look like this interior on the new one as well? There is RaceTex on the dashboard and sides and I personally probably don’t love that look

https://www.elferspot.com/de/fahrzeu...s-2019-757104/

Old 11-07-2021, 09:01 AM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,651 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by Bread Pitt
I would have thought that the seat centers would be the place of primary benefit for the race-tex? Isn’t the advantage of race-tex that it holds you better and is less “sticky” in the heat.

I like the look of the GTS interior a lot, but went into this process with the conviction that I would not do another black interior and would finally embrace something a bit “more” and have optioned the Bordeaux/Black. If I do change my mode - because I do think the GTS interior is stunning - I would definitely option the steering wheel in leather. I am too OCD to worry about oils and crap from my hands (not to mention remnants of anything I might eat in the car) ruining the race-tex on the steering wheel.
Old 11-07-2021, 09:05 AM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Received 3,245 Likes on 1,392 Posts

Porsche charging as much for polyurethane foam as it does for leather is nearly criminal especially if they know it wears terribly.
Old 11-07-2021, 09:08 AM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Received 757 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by hmkilla
thanks for that info. Any chance you can send me a picture of the glove box cover? Is that also RT?

good point on the steering wheel

i watched this video which absolutely vilifies Alcantara
Nick Murray doesn't even like the entire car even though he never drove one . The race tex has always been the Bain of his existence . If you look at his early videos you clearly see that he likes a lavish interior . There are many things I agree with him on . Not this !!
hmkilla (11-07-2021)
Old 11-07-2021, 09:34 AM
hmkilla
AutoX

Originally Posted by yrralis1
Nick Murray doesn't even like the entire car even though he never drove one . The race tex has always been the Bain of his existence . If you look at his early videos you clearly see that he likes a lavish interior . There are many things I agree with him on . Not this !!
Thanks for the picture
Old 11-07-2021, 02:36 PM
Sea Wolf
Advanced

Received 74 Likes on 24 Posts

We have the GTS interior in our Macan GTS and have been really surprised how good it holds up. 70k miles and it shows little wear. My wife hauls our 65lb dog around everywhere doing trail runs and treats it like a Jeep even. I usually don’t like alcantera steering wheels because they strangely make my hands itch but the GTS wheel does not. I do not know if it’s unique to the Macan but the black is really more of a charcoal grey and the red stitching verges on a pinkish hue …I like my blacks blacks and my reds red so that annoys me a little but it does make the car feel more special that our previous Macan with leather. I also prefer a leather wheel over the race-tex and may spec that in my 992 GTS.
Old 11-07-2021, 03:45 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,270 Likes on 641 Posts

I like the race tex lower dash/glove box. Wish it could be ordered on non gts cars
Old 11-07-2021, 04:57 PM
Nshirvanian
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 10 Posts

The race Tex is what gives the GTS interior it’s uniqueness. Must have for me. I went leather/race Tex interior with deviated stitching. Race Tex carbon heated wheel. Headliner. Center console Porsche script. No other way to have it. Ventilated seats never work well in my experience. Small enough cabin to just blast the AC if it’s needed. I really love the look and feel of race Tex.

Quick Reply: GTS interior vs leather