992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Garage Renovation Southern California

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2023 | 02:35 AM
SFAVGUY
Rennlist Member

I agree with Rudy, the flake is the key to not going crazy obsessing over things, with a solid color all you'll ever notice are imperfections, with flake the only downside it finding the damn screw you've dropped.

I recently added a few cabinets and porcelain counters to mine, they're indestructible and a surprising good fit for a garage countertop.

The following 3 users liked this post by SFAVGUY:
Home Run (06-25-2023), Marv (06-24-2023), RudyP (06-24-2023)
Old 06-24-2023 | 08:51 AM
Marv
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SFAVGUY
I agree with Rudy, the flake is the key to not going crazy obsessing over things, with a solid color all you'll ever notice are imperfections, with flake the only downside it finding the damn screw you've dropped.

I recently added a few cabinets and porcelain counters to mine, they're indestructible and a surprising good fit for a garage countertop.

Beautiful cabinetry! Soapstone is another countertop solution, but the only color is black. You may remember it from school chemistry labs. Nothing stains it and scratches can be sanded out.
Old 06-24-2023 | 02:18 PM
Denny Swift
Rennlist Member

Nice garages here! I highly recommend three things:

1. Powder coat your garage door hardware, and cut it off an inch or so above the floor. This greatly enhances aesthetics and eases cleaning.

2. Mount cabinets to walls so the floor underneath is completely accessible. This enables you to hose/sweep out entire garage without removing or moving cabinets.

3. Use bathroom grade sheetbrock and Azek or PVC baseboards, again to make it waterproof and facilitate hose out.

Every spring, I remove everything that isn't fixed down (not much) and hose out both garages.

Last edited by Denny Swift; 06-24-2023 at 03:47 PM.
The following users liked this post:
RudyP (06-24-2023)
Old 06-24-2023 | 03:00 PM
null
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Denny Swift
Nice garages here! I highly recommend three things:

1. Powder coat your garage door hardware, and cut it off 2" below the floor. This greatly enhances aesthetics and eases cleaning.
Given my garage looks like *** compared to those in this thread, I am interested in your recommendations, but was confused by your first... Can you expand (e.g. what hardware, what's meant by "below floor," etc.)?
Old 06-24-2023 | 03:18 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SFAVGUY

What did you use for the black Diamond plate under your cabinets? I have a low curb that I need to cover and I’m looking for options. Thanks!
Old 06-24-2023 | 03:39 PM
Denny Swift
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by null
Given my garage looks like *** compared to those in this thread, I am interested in your recommendations, but was confused by your first... Can you expand (e.g. what hardware, what's meant by "below floor," etc.)?

Sorry. Brain fart. "Above floor." I edited my post above. Thanks.

Last edited by Denny Swift; 06-24-2023 at 03:48 PM.
The following users liked this post:
null (06-24-2023)
Old 06-24-2023 | 04:58 PM
SFAVGUY
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Onami
What did you use for the black Diamond plate under your cabinets? I have a low curb that I need to cover and I’m looking for options. Thanks!
Website called Cutsmetal. Any type of diamond plate and corner prices you can imagine, reasonably priced and great customer service.

Quick Reply: Garage Renovation Southern California