Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody dyno with sport cats only?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2021, 06:24 PM
DrewTJ50
Rennlist Member

Received 130 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Anybody dyno with sport cats only?

I’m torn between adding sport cats vs a cat-back exhaust to my C2S. I’m mainly solving for improved aural engagement in spirited driving but wouldn’t mind better throttle response too. I’ve read from many of you that the sound increase from sport cats alone is too insignificant to justify the $3k cost. I have BMC filters and am indifferent about adding more turbo whistle; I care more about overall exhaust note. However, my understanding is that sport cats provide some incremental hp/tq and quicker spool, whereas the exhaust alone would be zero incremental hp/tq.

Has anybody dyno’ed their car with only the addition of sport cats? The only dyno result I’ve seen in this configuration is a TTS with Fabspeed cats. If there were a meaningful performance bump might it help make this decision easier.

Thanks!

Old 10-30-2021, 07:48 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,187 Likes on 3,025 Posts

While there’s likely a very modest power gain with the sport cats, without a tune, it’s unlikely that you’re going to see better throttle response. The reason why you don’t see people posting before/after dynos with sport cats is due to them being primarily a noise/sound upgrade.
The following 2 users liked this post by detansinn:
DrewTJ50 (10-30-2021), Tupper (10-30-2021)
Old 10-31-2021, 03:36 AM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Received 1,020 Likes on 520 Posts

If you’re looking for better throttle response, don’t count this out. I have no affiliation, but when I had my R8 it made a big difference and after watching the first part of the video I now understand why. There is constantly a debate about this with some saying “just push the pedal down faster and you get the same effect.” Here it shows you why that’s not the case.

Last edited by Dr. G; 10-31-2021 at 03:55 AM.

Quick Reply: Anybody dyno with sport cats only?