Sponsored by:

GTS Carbon Fiber interior trim question

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2021, 02:23 AM
hawkinsmc
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 21 Posts
Default GTS Carbon Fiber interior trim question

So can someone tell me why the "Interior Trim Inlays in Matte Carbon Fiber" is $840 with standard interior, but $3970 when its paired with the "GTS" interior package? The description is exactly the same for the CF trim, am I missing something?
Old 10-29-2021, 04:32 AM
AJ_Tokyo
Advanced

Received 98 Likes on 28 Posts

Hi hawkinsmc, I was curious about the same thing and discussed it at length with my Sales Advisor when finalizing my GTS build.
While Porsche will not give a 100% clear answer on this, here is my "educated inference" that was confirmed as being likely by my SA:

- On non-GTS-interior-package cars, the carbon trim is just trim, nothing else
- When selecting the GTS interior package, the interior selection is priced the same as the normal full leather interior; this is to account for the materials used throughout the cabin (leather and Racetex on seats, dashboard and doors in the same locations as normal leather interior just with a mix of leather and Racetex materials)
- Also when selecting the GTS interior package, the Matte Carbon Fiber trim is automatically selected but at the higher price and cannot be removed
- Since Porsche does not give anything away for free, the price differential of $3,130 logically must be the charge for the contrast stitching throughout the cabin in Carmine Red or Chalk (similar in coverage to the separate deviated stitching package), the matching colored Tach and Sport Chrono clock, and matching colored seatbelts and specific matched floor mats. This is still cheaper than adding the options separately to a regular full leather interior.

So essentially we should think of the GTS interior package as costing $8,920 for everything that is included; whether it is worth is or not is subjective.
Why Porsche chooses to do it this way, instead of having a separate line item for the additional items other than the carbon trim, I do not know; but the above is the best I can ascertain after having my SA contact Germany multiple times.
The $840 carbon fiber trims can be added completely separately from the GTS interior package and are a similar cost to the previous carbon trims in non-GTS 992s.

I hope that is helpful!
Old 10-29-2021, 11:46 AM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,826 Likes on 952 Posts

It's a shame that in order to spec the GTS interior package, Porsche forces Carbon Fiber upon the buyer. Another reason (along with poor wheel choices) that the GTS is not an appealing package.
Old 10-29-2021, 12:42 PM
icanthelpit
Burning Brakes

Received 878 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
Another reason (along with poor wheel choices) that the GTS is not an appealing package.
Here's to hoping you are correct. I'll get mine sooner as a result.
Old 10-30-2021, 12:41 AM
hawkinsmc
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by AJ_Tokyo
Hi hawkinsmc, I was curious about the same thing and discussed it at length with my Sales Advisor when finalizing my GTS build.
While Porsche will not give a 100% clear answer on this, here is my "educated inference" that was confirmed as being likely by my SA:

- On non-GTS-interior-package cars, the carbon trim is just trim, nothing else
- When selecting the GTS interior package, the interior selection is priced the same as the normal full leather interior; this is to account for the materials used throughout the cabin (leather and Racetex on seats, dashboard and doors in the same locations as normal leather interior just with a mix of leather and Racetex materials)
- Also when selecting the GTS interior package, the Matte Carbon Fiber trim is automatically selected but at the higher price and cannot be removed
- Since Porsche does not give anything away for free, the price differential of $3,130 logically must be the charge for the contrast stitching throughout the cabin in Carmine Red or Chalk (similar in coverage to the separate deviated stitching package), the matching colored Tach and Sport Chrono clock, and matching colored seatbelts and specific matched floor mats. This is still cheaper than adding the options separately to a regular full leather interior.

So essentially we should think of the GTS interior package as costing $8,920 for everything that is included; whether it is worth is or not is subjective.
Why Porsche chooses to do it this way, instead of having a separate line item for the additional items other than the carbon trim, I do not know; but the above is the best I can ascertain after having my SA contact Germany multiple times.
The $840 carbon fiber trims can be added completely separately from the GTS interior package and are a similar cost to the previous carbon trims in non-GTS 992s.

I hope that is helpful!
That may be the case, but it still doesn't make sense. When you add any option in the configurator that Porsche requires other options to pair with it, it gives you a pop up that say, in order to add x you must also add y? If the difference in cost was full leather/ racetex/ deviated stitching why doesn't it just say CF trim $840 but you also need to add y for $3100. Also when you look at the info circle which tells you what is included with that selection the $840 and $3970 package have the exact same description. One last thing, If the CF package is covering the cost of other options than what does the $4000 GTS package include? Ultimately I guess it doesn't matter cause I'm gonna order it so 🤷🏼‍♂️.
Old 10-30-2021, 04:51 AM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Received 758 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by hawkinsmc
That may be the case, but it still doesn't make sense. When you add any option in the configurator that Porsche requires other options to pair with it, it gives you a pop up that say, in order to add x you must also add y? If the difference in cost was full leather/ racetex/ deviated stitching why doesn't it just say CF trim $840 but you also need to add y for $3100. Also when you look at the info circle which tells you what is included with that selection the $840 and $3970 package have the exact same description. One last thing, If the CF package is covering the cost of other options than what does the $4000 GTS package include? Ultimately I guess it doesn't matter cause I'm gonna order it so 🤷🏼‍♂️.
I am too tired to look up everything but I did the math months ago and it works out to be the same . If one did the car in full leather, deviated stitching , carbon fiber, seat belts and dials it really adds up fast . Porsche represents it horribly on the configurator .
Old 10-30-2021, 04:52 AM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Received 758 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
It's a shame that in order to spec the GTS interior package, Porsche forces Carbon Fiber upon the buyer. Another reason (along with poor wheel choices) that the GTS is not an appealing package.
I like carbon fiber . It's a "package" . No one is forced to buy it.

Quick Reply: GTS Carbon Fiber interior trim question