Sponsored by:

DB carbon PDK shifting paddles

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2021, 02:07 PM
feron315
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts
Default DB carbon PDK shifting paddles

Hi Guys, I have the DB carbon shifting paddles installed but I am having a little issue specifically on the right side. The left paddle has a very tactile clicking feel when I engage the paddle while the right side feel mushy and doesn't have same length of pull. I had my Porsche dealer install the paddles and then I had another autoshop dissamble and reassemble the paddles with the same results, so I don't think the issue is with the installation. However, I did notice the paddles sit differently behind the steering wheel (see picture below). I am just wondering for those of you who have these paddles installed, do the paddles have a very tactile feel when you engage them and how do they look installed vs mine (much appreciated if you have pictures). I contacted Daniel from DB, I showed him pictures of the unit and he didn't notice any issues with it. He is very good and offered to have me send it back for him to diagnose the problem. However, I want to avoid having taking the car to the shop multiple times to have the new ones taken off and the OEM installed and then again when it comes back to have the same issue. Any insight would much apprciated.

Old 10-03-2021, 02:04 PM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,980 Likes on 804 Posts

In the pictures, the one on the left looks like it sits out more than the one on the right. The left side one has a larger vertical gap which leads me to think maybe the one on the right, with the narrower gap, is missing a spring or something that pushes it out and more forward in it's natural state, hence the mushier feel when you pull that shifter back towards you. Just all speculation on my part based on your pictures though.
Old 10-03-2021, 05:11 PM
feron315
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by AlterZgo
In the pictures, the one on the left looks like it sits out more than the one on the right. The left side one has a larger vertical gap which leads me to think maybe the one on the right, with the narrower gap, is missing a spring or something that pushes it out and more forward in it's natural state, hence the mushier feel when you pull that shifter back towards you. Just all speculation on my part based on your pictures though.
Yes that's what it looked like to me. Do your OEM paddles look like my left one or the right one more (or totally different)? I never thought to check my OEM ones before I had them swapped out. Thanks
Old 10-03-2021, 05:51 PM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,980 Likes on 804 Posts

Originally Posted by feron315
Yes that's what it looked like to me. Do your OEM paddles look like my left one or the right one more (or totally different)? I never thought to check my OEM ones before I had them swapped out. Thanks
Sorry, I have manual trans so no paddles for me.

Quick Reply: DB carbon PDK shifting paddles