Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is sun roof, sports chrono and PSE still a "must"?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2021 | 08:29 PM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MustangTornado
who even sells these cars on your own? just trade that thing in to dealer and you don’t have to worry about buyer. i’m too busy to care or bother.
Those who don't get the tax credit into the trade tend to sell private . With the tax credit there is some play in the trade in number which us why I opt for it most times . There is a middle ground . I did sell one car about 15 years ago to a private independent lot that only sells high end cars . They are quite interesting . They outbid my dealerships and cut me check on the spot. They even drove me home.
There are several in Miami . This was the one I chose and it was long ago but they were great.https://www.themiamigarage.com

Last edited by yrralis1; 09-23-2021 at 08:31 PM.
Old 09-23-2021 | 09:24 PM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CodyBigdog
Absolutely…although I bet that is more an issue for cars far less expensive than a Porsche?

About a year ago I sold a 2000 Honda with over 300K miles on it. Had some rust, but otherwise, in decent shape. I priced it in the middle of what the online estimates were for a car of this age and mileage. Owned by one of my son’s who moved out of state (across country), and asked if I could sell it for him. Sure, I said, no problem. Next day I put it on Craigslist (will never do that again)…I got no fewer than 20 inquiries within the first hour of being posted. My ad said, “first come, first serve…first buyer to show up with cash, in full, got the car”. Most responded in email with, I’ll pay you 2X the asking price, no questions asked.” Within an hour I had 3 buyers looking at the car (I told everyone that was interested I would be at our local HS @11AM…if they wanted to see the car, they should be there). Long story short, it turned into a chit-show, with shouting matches between prospective buyers as to who got there and committed to buying the car, first. In the end, I sold it to the guy who came with 2X the asking price, in cash.

Lesson learned: In today’s crazy car market, if it’s priced fairly, and the car doesn’t look like chit….it will be an easy sale. Nobody even asked about options, etc. In fact, nobody even test drove or looked inside the car. Sold “as is”. Just crazy.
I agree with this . Unless the person does something so over the top (I once saw a red exterior with red interior Turbo S that the dealership could not sell) just about any reasonable car will sell . Guys on car forums are not an indication of the average buying population. Resale is not an issue.
Old 09-24-2021 | 12:37 AM
Vista6019
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AutobahnMac911
Nice to hear this, I am ordering a 992 and you're the first person I've seen choose PSE, but no SC and I'm thinking of doing the same. The SC pack is great, but for how I plan to use this car, the Sport button will work 95% of the time so I'm thinking of saving the $3k. QUESTION - What 5 buttons do you have vs the standard (Wet / Sport / Hazard / Traction / Suspension)? I've seen the changed setup on SC+PSE cars, but never one with only PSE.
Frankly I am not sure of the button arrangement with PSE but no Sports Chrono. I guess we will find out.
Always an interesting debate about the Sports Chrono being a "must have".....personally it is cool but the novelty wears off pretty quickly, and since all PDK equipped cars have launch control regardless, it satisfies that urge if I need it. (Yes, the shift mapping is not as aggressive) and you do not get the fluid filled engine mounts, and the track APP/software, etc. but for me--it is a street car first and foremost. )
From first hand experience I have never had a problem selling a 911/or any Porsche for that matter, without Sports Chrono....it just may be a different buyer. Best of luck to you

Quick Reply: Is sun roof, sports chrono and PSE still a "must"?