Sponsored by:

GTS Spec, thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2023, 09:57 PM
F8Driver
Pro

Received 331 Likes on 195 Posts

One GTS owners experience.

PDCC is overkill for a street car, fine for track.
PCCB is great for dust and unsprung weight reduction if you're seeking the ultimate there, otherwise the GTS brakes are beyond adequate for every occasion including the track.
I think InnoDrive is too intrusive, but just one man's opinion.
Porsche carbon fiber trim isn't impressive. The standard GTS brushed dark aluminum is excellent.
The PDK in aluminum and illuminated door sills are (perhaps) overkill, but the standard PDK selector has some cracking issues. The door sills are cool, but unnecessary ... but I like mine.
Trim bits. I'm all for hiding the GTS so only those in the know will know. I went with 911 on the back, deletion of GTS on the doors.
Try the seats before you buy. I find the 14 ways more comfortable for a daily driver, but only after trying both.
FAL is great if you need it. I do. Many others do not.
There may be markets where ADM is the norm. Discounts are probably not available, but MSRP should be an expectation.
OBTW, I think the Bose is inferior to my BMW HK (I have two). But the Burmester option is a lot of coin for a system in a car that has a lot of road noise.

Enjoy what you get. It's a magnificent machine.
The following 5 users liked this post by F8Driver:
Cokerrat (03-10-2023), HudsonOH992GTS (03-08-2023), johny221 (03-09-2023), PBoxS986 (03-09-2023), Quikag (03-09-2023)
Old 03-09-2023, 01:00 PM
zachr
Burning Brakes

Received 745 Likes on 333 Posts

What a surprise to see my 1.5 year old thread back at the top.

Here's the spec I ended up with: http://porsche-code.com/PNEL12U9
- Shark Blue
- Centerlocks
- Leather / Race Tex interior w/ 18-ways, ventliated
- Blue deviated stitching
- Premium Pack w/ Burmester
- Glass sunroof
- PDK, PCCBs, PDCC, RAS
- Matrix LEDs
- Innodrive
- Leather steering wheel
- Blue belts
- Porsche crest on headrest
- Steering column casing in leather

I've since retrofitted the OEM aerokit, GT3 side skirts, illuminated door sills, and GTS door decals. I'm thrilled with the car and wouldn't change anything about the spec, except perhaps ordering those illuminated door sills from the factory because retrofitting them was a bitch.

Last edited by zachr; 03-09-2023 at 01:07 PM.
The following users liked this post:
minn19 (03-09-2023)
Old 03-09-2023, 01:20 PM
Vicbastige
Burning Brakes

Received 738 Likes on 356 Posts

I'll note one thing on the carbon fiber trim. It isn't much for what it costs AND doesn't pop with a dark interior (mine is GTS pkg/CR) although some may actually like the subdued nature given it is a Porsche and not a Pagani. There is one key advantage to a CF interior that I'm finding. That is there are several options to add additional CF bits that match OEM pattern perfectly (think DB carbon in Germany). I have already ordered the console kit from them that covers the awful (and glare prone) glossy black plastic and also the interior window caps. There are many more pieces they make if you want to go overboard. Point is I don't think there is a similar option to "trim up" Ala carte with the GTS aluminum interior.
Old 03-09-2023, 01:20 PM
itrocks4u
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 114 Posts

Did you get the car?
Old 03-09-2023, 03:58 PM
zachr
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by itrocks4u
Did you get the car?
I got the car in May 2022, and the first thing I did with it was take a road trip! I'm approaching 12,000 miles now.

A few more photos:

Last edited by zachr; 03-09-2023 at 04:01 PM.
The following 6 users liked this post by zachr:
993RUF (03-14-2023), Bruce R (03-10-2023), minn19 (03-10-2023), Quikag (03-09-2023), raider888 (03-10-2023), turbo36x (03-10-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-10-2023, 03:19 PM
F8Driver
Pro

Originally Posted by Vicbastige
I'll note one thing on the carbon fiber trim. It isn't much for what it costs AND doesn't pop with a dark interior (mine is GTS pkg/CR) although some may actually like the subdued nature given it is a Porsche and not a Pagani. There is one key advantage to a CF interior that I'm finding. That is there are several options to add additional CF bits that match OEM pattern perfectly (think DB carbon in Germany). I have already ordered the console kit from them that covers the awful (and glare prone) glossy black plastic and also the interior window caps. There are many more pieces they make if you want to go overboard. Point is I don't think there is a similar option to "trim up" Ala carte with the GTS aluminum interior.
Good point on the GTS aluminum. There may be a wrap that is identical, but no aftermarket parts for extending the CF trim.
Old 03-10-2023, 05:53 PM
F8Driver
Pro

Originally Posted by zachr

- Shark Blue
- Centerlocks
- Glass sunroof
- PDK, PCCBs, PDCC, RAS
- Matrix LEDs
- Innodrive
- Leather steering wheel
- Blue belts

I've since retrofitted the OEM aerokit, GT3 side skirts, illuminated door sills, and GTS door decals. I'm thrilled with the car and wouldn't change anything about the spec, except perhaps ordering those illuminated door sills from the factory because retrofitting them was a bitch.
I like the GT3 side skirts. How was the DIY install? Can it be done on a 4 point chassis lift (I suspect the jack points are in the way) or must it be a drive on (or lying on the garage floor)? If you can get at them easily, removal and replacement seems a breeze; gaining comfortable access is my concern.
Old 03-10-2023, 08:49 PM
Staffie Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,390 Likes on 671 Posts

Originally Posted by zachr

- Shark Blue
- Centerlocks
- Glass sunroof
- PDK, PCCBs, PDCC, RAS
- Matrix LEDs
- Innodrive
- Leather steering wheel
- Blue belts

How do you like the Burmester?

Old 03-11-2023, 10:55 AM
protamine
Rennlist Member

Received 263 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Staffie Guy

my .2 GTS was built (bought used) with PDCC, burmester, fal, PCCB, carbon mirrors and sills, sun visors in race tex and a 168 sticker on a gt silver 2017

for comparison, this time around I kept fal and pccb, skipped pdcc (would’ve stop saled anyways), went bose and normal visors. Did aluminum interior and matching illuminated sills. Added race Tex headliner, skipped sunroof. Went with a real color (shark) and added deviated stitch. I probably would’ve gone blue with matching dials but blue with white dials and yellow brakes seemed too much. Still ended up at 181.

stereo and suspension seem same. I could never tell a diff w pdcc on any mode

Old 03-13-2023, 12:07 PM
blk_c2s
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 16 Posts

The GT3 Side Skirts take about 30-45 minutes to install and can be done with a TORX (I forget which), flathead screw driver, jack and jack stands.

I jacked up one side at a time, jack stands up front and rhino ramp in the rear. The only difficult part is getting the skirts to mount under the underbody aero bits but once you fight with those its pretty easy.

Old 03-13-2023, 12:12 PM
EZ E
Pro

Received 398 Likes on 194 Posts

You have too many items that are stop sale or will completely delay your car months!! Be real careful. I'm hearing the light weight glass will delay your build months!! Porsche will build it and the car will sit waiting. Good luck!!
Old 03-13-2023, 02:30 PM
zachr
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Staffie Guy
Love it. I didn't get to drive a car with Bose, but got to listen in the dealer's parking lot and I was not satisfied even with the car stationary. The Burmester has dramatically better clarity and detail (especially at high volumes), and doesn't have the stereotypical Bose sound signature that I'm not a huge fan of. The bass is tight and heavy, but not boomy like Bose systems.

I think it's a little overpriced, but I'd still recommend it to anyone who cares about music and doesn't have a specific aftermarket audio plan. I hear Musicar has excellent upgrade options for the Bose.

Quick Reply: GTS Spec, thoughts?